China NT 2021

• She is 60? OMG she looks like she is in her 40s. If that’s the case then by all means, she can take a good rest after this. I think she is the only coach who won medal in every Olympic game she participated so far?

Bernardinho:

1996 - bronze with female NT

2000 - bronze with female NT

2004 - gold with male NT

2008 - silver with male NT

2012 - silver with male NT

2016 - gold with male NT

• After the Tokyo Olympics, whether Lang Ping can serve as the head coach of the national team has always been an issue of concern to the majority of fans. Following considerations may make her leave not that easy to happen:

First, under the leadership of Lang Ping, the Chinese NT slowly moved from the low period to the current peak period, which once proved Lang Ping's world-class coaching level.

Second, the national team is now aging. After the Tokyo Olympics, many of the NT players will miss the next Olympic cycle. The failure to pick up will be reflected once. If Lang Ping is no longer the head coach of the NT post-Tokyo OG, the NT may go downhill again.

Third, the Volleyball Association will not let Lang Ping go easily. The CVA knows better than any other one. No one is more unique in the selection of newcomers than Lang Ping, lest Lang Ping wouldn't lead the NT to the point where it is today. The association surely will ask Lang Ping to stay until bringing out a group of new players.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• And what after 2024? New Zhu Ting is showing up and Lang Ping is responsible to train her up too?

In that case she might never be able to retire until the day she dies.

I want her to be selfish for once for her own good and leave after Tokyo.

• OMG he got a ton of medals. Aside of his temperament behavior, he was a great coach.

• When people said training under him is a privilege not everyone can get I wonder what it means. I read somewhere that he is the one responsible to turn Gabi into who she is. I don’t know about that because I follow Gabi late.

Yeah, Bernardinho and Jenny are in class of their own in utilizing a potential of their teams on international stage, and preparing a great shape for the most important tournaments, especially OGs.

Bernardinho has like one serious flop in 22 seasons of working with both female and male NTs, when he lost a semifinal against Venezuela in 2003 during Panamerican Games. He was in a medal phase of EVERY WCH, WC or OG he participated in as a coach, not winning a medal once. Insane.

• ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP: 29 AUG ~ 05 SEP (PHI)

An Jiajie's special assignment

NetEase - 12 July 2021

In addition to the reduction of the participating coaching staff by the Tokyo Olympic Committee, An Jiajie this time got a special assignment to lead the second team to compete in the the Asian Championships. Lai Yawen may not be suitable for that task. In the last Asian Championships, the team was led by assistant coach Bao Zhuang. But this time around, Bao Zhuang and Daniel have special task with the NT's safety and health, so it's difficult for Bao Zhuang to take upon other assignment. While Yuan Lingxi is also the assistant coach of Tianjin Women's volleyball team, and the task of the National Games is inseparable from him.

Because Jiangmen, Guangdong chose not to hold the 2021 Women's Volleyball Asian Championships, the tournament had to be postponed to 29 August ~ 05 September 2021 in the Philippines as a last resort.

After seeing the specific schedule, fans and the media may say why not let the head coach Lang Ping lead the main lineup to the competition? It is important to know that there will be a National Games after the Asian Championships. If the main lineup of the NT goes to the Philippines to participate in the Asian Championships, after the return, there will be a 21-day quarantine, and they will directly miss the women's volleyball National Games. In the finals, the local teams cannot afford such losses and will not agree to release. The participation in the Asian Championships won't exceed the significance of the National Games.

The CVA can only send members of the second team to play. In addition, the younger players (from the youth team) also have the National Games Youth Division, so the association can only send players that are not needed by the local teams.

In this way, when head coach Lang Ping leads the team to the Tokyo Olympic Games, An Jiajie can set up a second team at home to prepare for the competition in the Asian Championship. For example, Zheng Yixin and Lin Li, both players are not selected for the Olympic roster, and have no tasks either in the National Games finals, yet have rich experiences as the team members participating in the FIVB world-class events. Although the Asian Championship has been adjusted, only the top two can get the direct qualification for the 2022 World Championship, although this matter has no effect on the Chinese team for it can qualify through WR position. However, it will still be the An Jiajie's task to lead the second team to a good start and regain the lost championship of the previous edition.

---------

Few questions: awaiting the second team recruitment -- who will make up the team aside from Zheng Yixin and Lin Li ??? Which training base will be used? Ningbo Beilun or other? When to start training? :whistle: 

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• And what after 2024? New Zhu Ting is showing up and Lang Ping is responsible to train her up too?

In that case she might never be able to retire until the day she dies.

I want her to be selfish for once for her own good and leave after Tokyo.

One step at a time... after Tokyo OG, it's the Paris cycle. Further than that, it's purely a speculation.

• AVC is not a priority since China has not sent an A team after 2015 edition. It's just a training tournament for this cycle. Who ever gets selected will get a chance to make the A team with their performances. Liu Yanhan extended her national team career during the 2018 Asian Cup and got rewarded with an Olympic spot for Tokyo.

• Yeah, Bernardinho and Jenny are in class of their own in utilizing a potential of their teams on international stage, and preparing a great shape for the most important tournaments, especially OGs.

Bernardinho has like one serious flop in 22 seasons of working with both female and male NTs, when he lost a semifinal against Venezuela in 2003 during Panamerican Games. He was in a medal phase of EVERY WCH, WC or OG he participated in as a coach, not winning a medal once. Insane.

that is crazy. i like reading trivia like these. someone should create a volleyball trivia thread!

• AVC is not a priority since China has not sent an A team after 2015 edition. It's just a training tournament for this cycle. Who ever gets selected will get a chance to make the A team with their performances. Liu Yanhan extended her national team career during the 2018 Asian Cup and got rewarded with an Olympic spot for Tokyo.

Yes, I recall that Liu Yanhan carried the team to win the 2018 Asian Cup (AVC Cup) hosted in Thailand and was the MVP, she was highly praised among the volleyball fans after the tournament. Frankly I feel happy for her to be selected for the Tokyo OG roster instead let say the flash appearance of Li Yao. I wish both Liu may help the team in Tokyo when their services are needed!

• A compilation footage (11:13)

Very Smart Player - Gong Xiangyu | 龚翔宇 | The Best of VNL 2021 (HD)

Gong Xiangyu (simplified Chinese: 龚翔宇; traditional Chinese: 龔翔宇; pinyin: gōng xiáng yǔ; born 21 April 1997) is a female Chinese volleyball player. On club level, she plays for Jiangsu.

She was born in Lianyungang, Jiangsu Province to a mother of Physical education teacher who was once a national épée champion, and a policeman father who used to play for the Jiangsu U23 basketball team. Her given name Xiangyu means "flying in the universe." She started attending Nanjing Normal University in 2016.

She was promoted by Coach Cai Bin from the Jiangsu U23 team to Jiangsu Women's Volleyball Club in the 2015-2016 season. Following a successful debut season at the Chinese Volleyball League, she was selected by Coach Lang Ping for the national team in 2016. She represented China at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and won the gold medal. She participated at the 2016 Montreux Volley Masters, 2017 Montreux Volley Masters, 2018 Montreux Volley Masters, and 2019 Montreux Volley Masters.

By Titans Volleyball Fan 21.07.13

• The team plus coach left their 13 handprints in gold (I heard to be saved in some sort of volleyball museum in Ningbo) before going to Beijing, then departure to Tokyo

Looks like some people are really confident of defending OG champions.

• I seen this online as a possible roster for AVC Championship.

S: Lei Hailin, Xu Xiaoting

OPP: Ren Kaiyi, Miao Yiwen

OH: Jin Ye, Liu Mengya, Zhong Hui, Lin Li

MB: Zheng Yixin, Cao Tingting, Guo Huizhen, Lu Wenjing

L: Lin Li, Zang Qianqian

I'm pretty sure Shanghai won't let go Xu Xiaotong who they use in the double sub and Zhong Hui for serving, but maybe they can get Chen Fanglin (Sun Yan's sub at the 2019 U20 WCH).

Jiangsu has Ni Feifan as their main libero, but it's good to have a backup in Zang Qianqian in the case of an injury.

Shandong mainly uses Yang Hanyu, Zhang Qian, and Sun Ruhan as middles and with An Jiajie's connections he should be able to ask the club for Cao and Guo without any problems.

The wing spikers are going to be weak which is expected. I still wish for Xue Yizhi to get a call to the NT in the future. There won't be many options since these will be players from the lower ranked teams.

• I've seen that roster too, probably fans speculating since I saw nothing on the official places.

I don't remember if National Games was supposed to be 12 or 14 players. If 12, then Zang Qianqian should definitely go. It's a shame she's on the bench in Jiangsu and not transferred to a non-competitive team in the CVL.

They could also bring Liu Xiaotong, her experience would be good for the younger team members.

• I've seen that roster too, probably fans speculating since I saw nothing on the official places.

I don't remember if National Games was supposed to be 12 or 14 players. If 12, then Zang Qianqian should definitely go. It's a shame she's on the bench in Jiangsu and not transferred to a non-competitive team in the CVL.

They could also bring Liu Xiaotong, her experience would be good for the younger team members.

I feel like every top club has a good amount of bench players that could be starters for lower/mid level teams. Like Shandongs extra middles for example, they could be transferred as well.

If Liu Xiaotong still has energy left in the tank. Lol. But yeah I agree she has a lot of experience to pass on to the next generation.

• I feel like every top club has a good amount of bench players that could be starters for lower/mid level teams. Like Shandongs extra middles for example, they could be transferred as well.

If Liu Xiaotong still has energy left in the tank. Lol. But yeah I agree she has a lot of experience to pass on to the next generation.

Shandongs middles do play at Guangdong in CVL iirc.

Liu Xiaotong should be fine since she'll mostly be on the bench in Tokyo.