Russia NT 2021

• I'm sure her height played its role. Busato is well know with his height obsession. Yes, we don't have tons of setters like other national teams also don't have tons of setters but there are several options which could be much better than this, Ryseva, Filishtinskaya, Vetrova, Popova, Kondrashova etc. Last year Busato said if they wont take medals in Olympics it will be his problem not players, he said Russia has many good players and many options compared to other countries. Now I have my doubts as if he is a random person not volleyball coach.

But as a sub, she might only come into court during double sub. Then her height won’t matter much. I agree with the previous poster that Romanova might have not recovered yet.

• Fedorovtseva's transition to Senior NT has been a phenomenal success. We all have pointed out countless times already how good she is but being Russia's most dominant attacker in VNL, that's quite a feat for someone who's under 18 and just made her debut in NT. Her reception at the moment is vulnerable to being exploited by the other teams but I believe she has what it takes to be quite solid with it given a few more years. She could possibly develop to one of those rare all-around OHs. While all that sounds good, it also says a lot about how the other Russian OHs are unreliable in attack :gone:

Enina making it is a pleasant surprise. I have always thought Efimova have the 3rd MB slot locked by her. She seems to be always favored by the coaches for quite some time.

By the way, any official source on the 12 player lineup?

• This list is basically as expected except Matveeva, but like others pointed out that was probably due to Romanova's injury. Bringing two libros was also as expected since Russia does need a better reception and one of them (probably Pilipenko) will be a defensive OH to ease the pressure in back court. MBs are pretty good now. Only concern I have for Matveera is that she did pretty good to send balls high to #2 and #4 but I have not seen her doing any fast sets to MBs or OHs that could spell a trouble, but still we will find out how heavily she will be used as a setter. It's all set now let's cheer for Russian team and wish them good luck!!!

• Fedorovtseva's transition to Senior NT has been a phenomenal success. We all have pointed out countless times already how good she is but being Russia's most dominant attacker in VNL, that's quite a feat for someone who's under 18 and just made her debut in NT. Her reception at the moment is vulnerable to being exploited by the other teams but I believe she has what it takes to be quite solid with it given a few more years. She could possibly develop to one of those rare all-around OHs. While all that sounds good, it also says a lot about how the other Russian OHs are unreliable in attack :gone:

Enina making it is a pleasant surprise. I have always thought Efimova have the 3rd MB slot locked by her. She seems to be always favored by the coaches for quite some time.

By the way, any official source on the 12 player lineup?

volley.ru reported and this is the Russian VFV official site.

• This list is basically as expected except Matveeva, but like others pointed out that was probably due to Romanova's injury. Bringing two libros was also as expected since Russia does need a better reception and one of them (probably Pilipenko) will be a defensive OH to ease the pressure in back court. MBs are pretty good now. Only concern I have for Matveera is that she did pretty good to send balls high to #2 and #4 but I have not seen her doing any fast sets to MBs or OHs that could spell a trouble, but still we will find out how heavily she will be used as a setter. It's all set now let's cheer for Russian team and wish them good luck!!!

Matveeva is quite the predictable setter. I imagine the opposing blockers won't have a hard time reading her sets (Although Startseva is not so far from her in this regard :rolll:). But yeah, the lineup has been determined now. Wishing them the best they can possibly achieve with this lineup (although I won't deny that cheering for them this time is going to be more heartbreaking than ever ;(:lol:)

volley.ru reported and this is the Russian VFV official site.

Thanks! :flower:

• Starting 6 is pretty solid, as long as there's no injury, they have a strong line up. Voronkova-arina is a vulnerable reception line but that's why having a libero as backup is a good idea.

I'll be cheering for Arina. This might be her breakthrough tournament. This girl has so much potential. We might be witnessing first years of a sokolova-like legendary player:heart:

• Russia is VERY unfortunate. First Parubets, then Kosheleva, and now Matveeva. 😂 Goncharova better have her shoulder and knees ready. 😂

She is used to it, just that she isn't as dominant as she used to before. She's the player that has been working the hardest in NT, since maybe 2014 onwards. This is really commendable as if you think of it, she isn't really Russian-born and all those years she could have declined calls to the NT that is why I sooo love her.

Good thing there is Arina now to share the offensive load.

• She is used to it, just that she isn't as dominant as she used to before. She's the player that has been working the hardest in NT, since maybe 2014 onwards. This is really commendable as if you think of it, she isn't really Russian-born and all those years she could have declined calls to the NT that is why I sooo love her.

Good thing there is Arina now to share the offensive load.

Yeap. Arina should be able to take off the burden from Goncha’s shoulder a bit. And hoping for Voronkova to show up. I know she can. To think of it, Russia has a good wing spikers as starters.

I think Matveeva did a decent job in the NT so far. Vetrova or Popova might have been the better option for the OG but I think the reception will be the bigger problem than the setters. Matveeva likes to use the MB in her club. I think she might have used them less in the NT so far because she did not train enough with them.

I hope Fedorovtseva will do a lot of reception training until the OG...

• So... Kadochkina won't play U20 WCh and senior category :gone: I don't know what plans Russians have for her. They are wasting her talent :gone:

• New Kosheleva's video... Goncharova is soo shy, she seems so sweet :heart:

Nice to see Goncharova in the video. For a second there, I've almost assumed she's no longer friends with Kosheleva :lol:. Goncha has been pretty much ignored in Tanya's previous vlogs so watching her having a laugh with Tanya is a delight.