Korean NT 2021

• Even though people say this team is the weakest there, I hope they can pull out surprises. Another big plot twist won't hurt:obey:

I mean, passing the group stage is already sound rather impossible after what they have gone through but here they are now in QF. Gonna keep my positivity alive😢

• Nothing wrong with supporting your favourite team/country haha, accidents and surprises do happen;)

Like how no one expected DOM which played so ridiculously well against Brazil to make so many mistakes (29) and lose against Korea

(but DOM's inconsistency and playing to their opponents level wasn't that surprising)

Plus Kim might come in clutch again like against Japan, Korea is finally using her more compared to the first few matches

Though, I will say that Turkey has been a far more consistent team than most teams this Olympics, and also compared to Italy (Egonu's errors) this tournament, so I'm personally not expecting any surprises during QFs

If the draw had been Italy, it may have been more likely

• omg you're spot on.. Already confirmed right? Again Korea meet Guidetti in QF😂

Our assistant coach César is also the assistant coach at VakifBank where Guidetti is the head coach. :cheesy:

Some players enjoy the big games, the thrill of beating the strongest opponents... she's probably like that...

Thanks! I'm gonna accept this explanation and pray that Suji will do well in the match against Turkey. :lol:

------------------------------------------

Hopefully all of our players will prepare well and deliver their best performance in the QFs so that they'll have no regrets no matter what the result will be.

And of course, no injuries please!

• Two years ago at the world cup, KYK mentioned that she was proud of the Chinese team and wished them best of luck to get the world cup title because no matter if it's Korea, Japan, or China, we all represent Asia.

So, best of luck to Korea and KYK in the upcoming knockout rounds!

• It's going to be a difficult match against Turkey. Apparently, Korea has 2-7 history with previous matches. Won 2x but lost 7x so not a good streak.

I'm hoping that with Kim's experience with mostly all those Turkish players, she'll have the know-how to compete against them. Also, given that the assistant coach has experience in Turkey too, hopefully all of these can be insights to beat them.

Much better facing Turkey than USA or ROC.

• The KVA has decided that the Korean women's national volleyball team won't be participating in the 2021 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship. They said it would be difficult for the team to convene, train, and dispatch due to COVID-19.

1 2 3

I've always thought that they wouldn't be able to put together a team anyway. The Olympic team needs their deserved rest, and with the KOVO cup happening on the week before the AVC, this announcement came as no surprise to me.

--------------------------------

Here's how the players are sharing rooms at this Olympics (the rule is you cannot share a room with someone from your club):

- Kim Suji - Ahn Hyejin

- Yeum Hyeson - Kim Heejin (go food lovers crew! :D)

- Kim Yeonkoung - Pyo Seungju

- Yang Hyojin - Park Jeongah - Park Eunjin

- Oh Jiyoung - Lee Soyoung - Jeong Jiyun (first time Olympians)

Source

• So China, Japan and Korea not going to participate. Thailand gonna win it this time.

Yeah the biggest eater in the team together:drink: KYK with Pyo Seungju again