Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• There's no stats sheet available on internet as far as I know.

Mimmo Fusco trophy is not really an official tournament.. I mean the winner gets a physical trophy, a cup and awards to players are given, but it's mainly made to remember Mimmo Fusco, died in 2005, as the first Rai Tv journalist to comment and report about female volleyball in Italy.

He was the one who shouted on tv "TOGUTTT SIAMO CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!" (=Toguttt we are the world champions!) on that 15th September 2002, when Elisa Togut scored the last point in that World championships final and female volleyball started to become a popular sport in Italy.

I'll never forget him.

Min 24:28

Thank you for answering. It may not be an official cup but it holds such deep meaning.

• I dont follow as much for now whats going on in Serie A but from stats team Monza I see that van Hecke playing more than Stysiak and I wondering why? She is in better shape or something is not right with Stysiak health?

• I dont follow as much for now whats going on in Serie A but from stats team Monza I see that van Hecke playing more than Stysiak and I wondering why? She is in better shape or something is not right with Stysiak health?

It's just friendly games and the trainer is rotating a lot the players, for instance Davyskiba I think was the OH with the more playing time in these week, I wouldn't read much into it

• It's just friendly games and the trainer is rotating a lot the players, for instance Davyskiba I think was the OH with the more playing time in these week, I wouldn't read much into it

I understand. Thank you for info! :drink:I need to follow all infos about Serie A but waiting to beginning league!:super:

• What are the projected starting line ups for novara and Imoco?

Almost 100% sure

Novara

Micha/Ebrar

Bosetti/Daalderoop (even if she didn't play friendlies)

Chirichella/Washington

Fersino

Imoco

Wolosz/Egonu

Plummer/Omoruyi

De Kruijf/Vuchkova

De Gennaro

• I agree with most of this I’m just not sure that Megan Courtney doesn’t start over Plummer.

Hancock-Ebrar

Haley-Christina

Nika-C.Bosetti

Fersino

vs

Wolosz-Egonu

Plummer-Courtney

Folie-Robin

De Gennaro

Only differents can be with Omoruyi as OH with Ruseva as MB at Conegliano side, but Folie is training and playing friendly matches So She is gone be starter.

• omoruyi has been playing friendlies,courtney no and the last she played she only made 4 points I think

Loveth did better

Folie wasn't on rehab? She wasn't playing and without rythm,I doubt she's gonna be a starter

• omoruyi has been playing friendlies,courtney no and the last she played she only made 4 points I think

Loveth did better

Folie wasn't on rehab? She wasn't playing and without rythm,I doubt she's gonna be a starter

Folie played friendly matches, but Courtney is not important for attacking points She is more their for reception and defence.

• I think Novara has a real chance to break Imoco's win streak. Kara should be a huge improvement at OP.

Yup Novara can be very good oiled machine with Ebrar as improve on another hand Conegliano has two new OHs and not to many options on the bench. But We will see, Conegliano again have Egonu :win:

• Do you think there's any chance that this league schedule will be adjusted (especially on Volleyball World TV platform) to show the highest possible number of games in different hours? Because for now most games of a female league are scheduled to be played at the same time, while in a male league (at least in first 3 legs) they gave some effort and organized this to play 4/5 among 6 games in a different time.

Obviously, it's not that big problem with all replays (I suppose) available, but it's the same platform, so I don't get it. For now it looks like they put all female games at a time where there's no male game. :down:

• Do you think there's any chance that this league schedule will be adjusted (especially on Volleyball World TV platform) to show the highest possible number of games in different hours? Because for now most games of a female league are scheduled to be played at the same time, while in a male league (at least in first 3 legs) they gave some effort and organized this to play 4/5 among 6 games in a different time.

Obviously, it's not that big problem with all replays (I suppose) available, but it's the same platform, so I don't get it. For now it looks like they put all female games at a time where there's no male game. :down:

Today Sky gave an announcement about broadcasting one of the A1 female matches each week on Sunday prime time; on Sunday the matches are scheduled to be only at 17:00, so it's either 1) they made a mistake and they meant Sunday afternoon (Saturday night is already bought by Rai so it wouldn't make sense to be that one), 2) they are not broadcasting it live or 3) there's some change of schedule in plan. Considering how embarassing the first two option would be (even though I wouldn't be surprised by this level of unprofessionalism) I'm cautiosly optimistic about some matches being shifted.

But honestly the lack of comunication with just one week from the start is ridiculous, among all the other stuff there's still no info if A2 is even getting broadcasted at all.

• A2 is supposed to be on VBW (at least internationally) Can Italy get VBW?

Is it? Honestly it's still unclear if VBW is going to be the channel from Italy, there hasn't been any official statement from the federation neither for A1 or A2, and their website still links to LVFTV as broadcaster; VBW when asked doesn't confirm or deny if the service would be available in Italy. It's a mess :lol:

Edit: I actually just found out there was the official presentation of the season today and all the info was released lol, A2 is on youtube for free not VBW

• Today on the friendly match Scandicci-Roma Antropova played as OH and scored 19 points in 3 sets, sadly it wasn't streamed I'm very curious to see how she's handling the reception.

Btw I think Lubian is injured answell or has some issues, she didn't play at all in any of the matches Scandicci had so far :wacko:

It was the same the last years

yeah we can't watch all matches at same time

• I literally don’t what to expect from Conegliano. Yes they are still strong but with new OH duo things can be different. They can be even more dangerous than before and that can be super scary but Sylla and Hill have huge impact at Imoco game so it is strange to watch match without them.
    Wolosz probably needs to find right connection with Plummer and Courtney especially with her super fast sets.

On another hand Novara is the same with upgrade with Ebrar. Even last season they challenged Imoco but this season I think they can beat them.

Imoco has extra pressure because of winning streak.

Anyway Italian league literally have two giants this season.