Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• Yeah, they're showing at least one match per round. The last one was Schwerin vs Dresden.

I mean, they basically have 12 channels, that's a lot of time slots to fill :lol: And they're branding themselves as "the home of volleyball" of a sort, so there will be a lot of volleyball to watch this season along with the obscure football leagues such as Icelandic or Lithuanian :rolll: But I guess getting Serie A in the mix was a bit too expensive unfortunately.

• Oh wow. I didn't know that. Are they also broadcasting men/women polish league?

I guess the case with italian league broadcasting rights is a littble bit complicated because of Volleyball World.

• Does anyone know how much she was paid in Korea? In an interview she said that Perugia team director wanted to give up on her after she told him her salary in Korea (hinting at the fact that she was making a lot money there) so she had to clarify that she was willing to consider any offer.

it depends. Could be anywhere from $120,000-$210,000 (USD)

• Berenika Tomsia said that they paid her 160000 USD during her first season and if she would stay for another the salary would be higher. I guess, all foreign players earn there similar amount.

On this season info page on the KOVO website said it was the same salary for all the foreigners at 200k USD+bonus for the first season and 300k+bonus for the second, I guess that would be before taxes so yeah probably something around 160k for the first season

• On this season info page on the KOVO website said it was the same salary for all the foreigners at 200k USD+bonus for the first season and 300k+bonus for the second, I guess that would be before taxes so yeah probably something around 160k for the first season

Yes. You're right. They changed the rules this year because of taxes. The base salary is now $200k for new player and $300k for players with renewed contract.

• Berenika Tomsia said that they paid her 160000 USD during her first season and if she would stay for another the salary would be higher. I guess, all foreign players earn there similar amount.

Yep, they’re all set amounts based on your experience in Korea (first year or a renewed contract)

• On this season info page on the KOVO website said it was the same salary for all the foreigners at 200k USD+bonus for the first season and 300k+bonus for the second, I guess that would be before taxes so yeah probably something around 160k for the first season

Yeah, I actually think that Berenika made 200k per season and she won championship and they offer more, but she wasn't interested.

• A really nice post about Paola Egonu, from a volleyball fan who was at the game against Rome:

Here’s an automatic translation. It is worth reading even if it isn’t perfect:

“Phenomenology of Paola Egonu

Paola Egonu goes beyond, well beyond, 'unquestionable and absolute athletic value; she goes beyond the physicality. The added value of Paola Egonu for volleyball, and for sports as a whole, can be appreciated, paradoxically, more out of the court than inside the court.

You should have seen her, that little girl sitting in front of me, that for the entire match never (NEVER!) took her eyes off of Paola, hinting at a shy greeting every time she crossed her gaze. You would have sensed, because she electrified the air around her, the happiness that swept over her when Paola, while the game was in progress, smiled and winked at her.

You should have heard the screams of dozens of little girls who, at the end of the game, called her name from the hall. Scenes I've only seen at concerts. You should have seen the glitter in the eyes of the luckiest ones, who were able to approach her and ask with a trembling voice for an autograph or a photo, intimidated by this gentle giant. Atmospheres that we are used to associate only to soccer or a very small circle of sportsmen of planetary fame.

A show even more beautiful than the one seen in

field. The idea that this girl can inspire even just a few of these girls and encourage them to play volleyball, is the most important trophy that she can win.“

• I don't understand why mazzanti didn't call villani this summer to NT

• VBW should pay us for mental pain because of their streams (Bergamo vs Monza!!!)

• why it seems that savino and cuneo are playing at midnight

I don't pay money for this sh.t

• the end of this set might be why :lol::lol:

Megabox stole that set from Chieri

She don't have good receive but guerra or melli neither and they were called

Plus guerra so many years and nothing

• Bauer is just useless on court! I have no idea what Perugia was thinking when they signed her... She can't attack nor block a ball:aww: