Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Toray's block coverage makes me tingle a little bit

• I'm liking this Toray play quite a bit and I'm not generally a Toray liker

• I am so not in the Toray Loop, but it seems there's an elephant in their room

• I haven’t watched this match but in vleague Ishikawa seemed to be more reactive in defense than this summer… or I was allucinating

Freaking Mayu. Keeps improving aspects of her game :drink:

• I take back what I said about Saga. They got it together but I still hate this lineup. Shion could be at her maximum if converted to OP instead of Nakagawa. I just don't see it with Nakagawa but maybe I'm just not into her flimsy "just get pass it" spikes. She's tall period. Sakae is still pretty awful, their hitters are compensating for her low tosses and her reception is wonky.

I wanna see Araki and Mandai. Shion Nakagawa and Inoue then Toe. Their other libero Ikeya is also awful. Someone said hopefully Sakai retires after this and FC Tokyo's coach takes over but I don't know if that coach is any good since I don't follow any of the men's teams.

• Someone said hopefully Sakai retires after this and FC Tokyo's coach takes over but I don't know if that coach is any good since I don't follow any of the men's teams.

I don't think he'd be a good fit for Hisamitsu. He was also struggling with FCT's strategy awhile back.

They should avoid looking in the men's division for possible coaches and start looking for coaches that actually understand and want to develop the women's team. One of the highschool coaches from the Fuji TV feature said that the current volleyball is primarily from a male point of view so the strategy also relies on brute strength, high jumps and Haikyu-esque tempo etc which is unrealistic if applied to most female teams. Toyota is a prime example of having more than 5 male ex-players involved and still be that bad.

• I don't think he'd be a good fit for Hisamitsu. He was also struggling with FCT's strategy awhile back.

They should avoid looking in the men's division for possible coaches and start looking for coaches that actually understand and want to develop the women's team. One of the highschool coaches from the Fuji TV feature said that the current volleyball is primarily from a male point of view so the strategy also relies on brute strength, high jumps and Haikyu-esque tempo etc which is unrealistic if applied to most female teams. Toyota is a prime example of having more than 5 male ex-players involved and still be that bad.

The Cubans especially during Mireya Luis peak already perfected that ~Haikyu freak whacking, freak jumping style to a T and so did Saga at some point during Nakada's reign. But that is a whole NT right there with Mireya Luis being a one-of-a-kind monster machine. Saga doesn't have a freak-whacker like Nagaoka or a defense master like Shinnabe in fact they don't even have someone close enough to match Ishii's tenacity. While it is entirely possible, it won't be effective at all without the right players and they risk injuring/ruining 50% of their roster.

• The Cubans especially during Mireya Luis peak already perfected that ~Haikyu freak whacking, freak jumping style to a T and so did Saga at some point during Nakada's reign. But that is a whole NT right there with Mireya Luis being a one-of-a-kind monster machine. Saga doesn't have a freak-whacker like Nagaoka or a reception master like Shinnabe in fact they don't even have someone close enough to match Ishii's tenacity. While it is entirely possible, it won't be effective at all without the right players and they risk injuring/ruining 50% of their roster.

I do agree that's why I think it's better for the girls teams to find coaches that are willing to work with their abilities instead of incorporating an unrealistic strategy that is popularly seen in men's games.

• If you have your big foreign opposite and a decent ASEAN middle, then you have the ability to play a very physical style, but trying to do it a smaller height Japanese opposite is just not going to work.

You also have to have competent passers at libero and outside hitters. I would say JT is probably closest to this target, and hence why they have two straight titles.

• ex-Kurobe libero Yurika Banba is playing in Hungary -> Vasas Óbuda

It seemed odd that she would retire, so ... surprising not surprising. Best wishes for her :rose: