Volleyball Greece 2021-2022

• With all due respect but LDY is too good for the Greek league. I hope she'll go to Italy/Germany/Turkey next year

I don't think any top club with 'good reputation' will hire her after that scandal

• doongie1015 i am in the arena...he is safe so far and he hasnt removed his jacket 😀

I guess Panathinaikos fans were happy from the win to bother doing anything to him haha, or maybe Greece fans were indeed exaggerating things

I wouldn't know, but perhaps his "foreigner card" saved him too

Also, whole group of Panathinaikos fans (7 total?) went up to Dayeong after the match to take photos with her which was nice

With all due respect but LDY is too good for the Greek league. I hope she'll go to Italy/Germany/Turkey next year

💜

The receives and defence of PAOK were... very disappointing to say the least. I don't even want to go into it ㅠㅠ I miss Jaeyeong a lot haha

Its clear that Panathianikos did their homework on Dayeong like their coach said they did, their blockers were marking her throughout the match which was quite interesting to watch lol - refused to let her score any points from feints/spikes when she was in front row though she's a setter

Panathinaikos' setter #10 was great

Got quite upset that PAOK's blockers that just so easily kept falling into her play for the whole 4 sets

Needless to say Panathinaikos had much better spikers and receives than PAOK too

Our receives... sigh

• I don't think any top club with 'good reputation' will hire her after that scandal

I don't think any non-asian country (or rather, just countries like Korea/Japan/China - or just mainly Korea with their witch-hunting), much less club, would care about an incident that happened when they were kids in middle school >10 years ago prior to their pro careers as athletes??

There has been way worse things committed by athletes in top clubs overseas - actual crimes, worse scandals, doping and more

Also, not sure if you were aware, so I'm just sharing - the 'scandal' about them has not been proven to be true nor investigated yet.

Believe or not, their club and KVA both suspended the twins without any investigations at all into the truth of the completely anonymous accusations made towards them on an online forum.

This isn't a speculation but a fact, because even KVA have said so, and claimed their "suspension" without any investigation was 'rightfully dealt with' following "heavy negative public opinion" & "social scandal" (their reasons in their official statements when questioned about it)

The twins are currently in a lawsuit (initiated in order to launch an investigation) to prove the anonymous online accusations are false.

tl;dr what caused all of this was their club threatening to break their contract and forcing them to post a public apology letter = admitting to it because a single accusation out of the 20+ made against them was true. Didn't allow them to clarify it either.

And for that single truth which was heavily exaggerated, the twins had already apologised for it back in middle school.

They shared all this only after their club decided to break their contract in the end, because they weren't allowed to previously.

• If Ngapeth still can find contracts in top clubs after so many scandals he was involved, I'm sure twins could find too

• It was hot topic here. There were many articles about them, and I even saw some vlogs/podcast when they were talking about the twins.

I think every team would care about, how you call it 'incident'. That could damage the opinion about each team.

You said the accusations were annonymous. I don't think that husband of one of those girl is an anonym.

Anyway, also the fact that the twins 'espaced' from Korea isn't something to their favor.

I am also shocked that you didn't consider this as a potential 'real crime'. It is still something that shouldn't happen. And I fell really bad for the victims.

I don't know anything about law in Korea, but here in Europe, when you are threatening to kill someone and you are accused of home violence, you shouldn't be able to leave the country because that's pretty big charges.

That crime is still real crime. And people who are commiting something like that are going to jail. Please understand that apologizing is not enoguh in such case.

Destroying other peoples lifes, violence and threating to kill husband is serious thing. This is real life, not Sims game. And the fact that someone is celebrity or athlete doesn't make them not guilty.

Edit: Look, it's 2021, doctors/experts/media are talking over and over again, that it doesn't matter whether it is home violence, school bullying or mobbing, each case needs to be reported to the authorities/principals and investigated. You shouldn't treat it like an 'incident' and just accept the apology. Doing so, you give the aggresor the power to try to do it once again and again and again. Thanks to that, the whole 'violance circle' just starts and after some time it becames the 'regular thing'. The victim feels powerless and the aggressor feels he/she can get away with anything.

It is important to speak up, even for your friends, neighboors, family members. It doesn't matter if it's 17 y.o. girl bullying the other teenagers or 60-years old boss, throwing a keyboard at the employees. It is a crime.

serdar driving when you are drunk (Ngapeth) is really bad think, but still it ia different than using violence on purpuse, threatening someone and wanting to kill the husband. Would you hire such person?

• Okay wow you are really into this as someone who don't seem to even be a fan of them. (I am more, since I am a fan)

First of all, let me re-iterate - there has been no investigation at all that there is any truth in both her ex and accusers claims.

If there has been a proper investigation into it and it is proven to be true, I am more than willing to change my stance on this whole issue.

"each case needs to be reported to the authorities/principals and investigated"

You said it yourself, if it were true, why is it that their principals/coaches/teachers were not aware of this back in school? They were interviewed by the media & said they were not aware of the accusations made.

• You said it yourself, if it were true, why is it that their principals/coaches/teachers were not aware of this back in school? They were interviewed by the media & said they were not aware of the accusations made.

Probably, because people were afraid to speak about it back then? It is often hard to speak up. Especially, when people are reacting the same way as you are.

Her husband went to police and made official statetement. We can't just say, that there is 'no case'. It is official allegation.

The things that you covered under the 'spoiler' are just horrible. It makes really sad just to reading this stuff. I want to cry. Really. Wow. I can't believe you are really thinking that way.

We need justice for every crime. Also, if someone did something worse.

"But there is a huge difference when you commit something like this as an underage kid vs as an adult."

Wow. That's not true. There are courts for teenagers. There are special institutions for teenagers. They are not somehwere 'under' the law. I personally know a guy from my class (we were like 13 or 14), who was bullying others for few weeks, was expelled from school and closed in special institution for teenagers. He didn't hit anybody or didn't close anybody in locker room for the whole day, but still commited a crime.

This is the last post from my site, regarding this topic. I really hope you are just joking or messing with me. Please, let's protect the potential victims, not defend the abusers.

• papafotiou and grothues :super:

I was only able to watch the first 2 sets, but their connection is great^^

For me the libero of Panathinaikos is a big weakness, because her reception is pretty bad. She is lucky Grothues is receiving next to her.

• I wasn't justifying twins' acts (I didn't read all the news so I don't know if these are proven or still considered as accusations) ngapeth indeed physically harassed a woman in a club (I think it was in Brazil if I remember right) to me this as bad or even worse than what twins are accused of. Anyways my point was that there are clubs that don't really care players' criminal record (5 cuban male players were accused of raping a Finnish girl, some of these players found clubs to play in Turkey)

• Panathinaikos - PAOK 3-1 (25-17 , 18-25, 25-20, 25-23)

Panathinaikos: Cross 16 (10/17, 2 aces, 4 blocks), Grothues 14 (14/32), Chatziefstratiadou 12 (8/15, 2 aces, 2 blocks) Stepanenko 12 (8/31), Chantava 9 (9/25), Rogka (i, 50%rec.), Konstantinou 3 (2/11)

PAOK: Collar 18 (15/42, 3 blocks), Merteki 15 (13/34), Polinopoulou 11 (6/12, 5 blocks), Fidon 9 (7/24), Kalatandze 5 (3/7), Lee Dayeong 2, Ksanthopoulou (l, 45%rec.), Kiparissi 4 (3/8)

AEK - Olympiakos 2-3 (25-19, 20-25, 25-21, 20-25, 17-19)

AEK: Vander Weide 28 (26/60, 2 blocks), Terrell 15 (12/34), Brown 14 (10/18)

Olympiakos: Salas 22 (20/33), Costa Paraiba 21 (17/50), Hippe 19 (17/46), Emmanouilidou 15 (7/11, 3 aces, 5 blocks)

Olympiakos played without Giota, Christodoulou and Genitsaridi

• Aris - Ilisiakos 3-0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-19)

Aris: Mercado 18 (15/26), Evans 14 (11/25), Schwan 13 (12/18)

Ilisiakos: Sotiriou 11 (10/24)

Porfyras - Thetis 1-3 (18-25, 25-16, 04-25, 20-25)

Porfyras: Rodrigues 21 (20/54)

Thetis: Anthouli 20 (15/38)

AO Thiras - Aias 3-0 (25-14, 25-20, 25-22)

AO Thiras: Mitrovic 17 (10/26, 7 aces), Murillo 15 (13/23)

Aias: Chantzi 11

AO Lamias - Robles 3-1 (20-25, 25-21, 25-15, 25-17)

AO Lamias: Robles 27 (26/49), Goes 14 (11/17), Pereira 13 (11/21)

Amazones: Santos 25 (23/43)

• she helps a lot her team

and she is not jump serving anymore, right?