2024 Paris Olympic Games

• I still can't believe it8| Great comeback! Proud of the Dutch girls!!!:love:

• Where is that guy from VNL thread who did calculations after every round of VNL?

We NEED you now :sos::lol:

okay i think canada can make it if they win outright in their own games, and we have the following results

Serbia 3-0 Netherlands

China 3-0 DR

DR 3-2 Netherlands

Serbia win against China (any score)

This is probably the best case for Canada, because they will be tied for 2nd with DR, with 5 wins, 14 points, 17/11 set ratio.

but if Canada drop a set, they will be too far behind

• Yeah I did same calculations lol. But only in that specific outcome they would be tied with DR in both W/L, points, set ration (17/11).. so it would come down to point ratio then? I think Canada might go through in that case, not sure

Imagine this comes down to point ration :gone::lol:

What a mess :drink:

• Yeah I did same calculations lol. But only in that specific outcome they would be tied with DR in both W/L, points, set ration (17/11).. so it would come down to point ratio then? I think Canada might go through in that case, not sure

Imagine this comes down to point ration :gone::lol:

What a mess :drink:

I doubt that we can prevent DR from taking a single set, so Canada is probably out regardless. But yes, it would come to point ratio.

• Poland is...in danger. Both their position in the pool and world ranking plus their actual shape are not a good sight for Olympics

• Poland is suffering from same story as Serbia.

After finding good rythm with not so creative but very high ball stable setter, they go back to old legend who is out of shape and who arranges blocking party for their attackers with those low sets :gone:

I mean why go to Wolosz when Wenerska was so good during VNL????

After finding good rythm with not so creative but very high ball stable setter, they go back to old legend who is out of shape and who arranges blocking party for their attackers with those low sets :gone:

Plus Wenerska is not even a "high ball stable setter", she also plays a fast game but in a more calm way than Wolosz which seemed a good fit for Poland team.

However today I'm not complaining ;)

Yes and no - I don't think Ognjenovic is a better player than Drca at this point to be honest, while Wolosz may be considered an upgrade over Wenerska.

But I'm pretty confident in saying there's much more correlation than cause-effect relation with Wołosz as Poland as a whole has been playing much worse than in VNL and it clearly affects a setter as well.

So while playing with Wolosz long-term is probably more beneficial - with a team struggling it would be more useful to play with a player with better rythm. But to be honest - I think we would still struggle regardless of a setter. We are just not talented enough as a team as for now to win with sub-optimal volleyball.

But I guess we'll find out whether I'm right or not today as Wołosz just got subbed out.

• Pia is much improved

She was good all summer, idk why people complained about her here more then couple of times. She has her moments of fail sets but not bad at all overall.

If I were to chose players to adopt from the pool of those not appreciated by their NT fans, I would chose her and Lukasik :lol::whistle:

• Its not always who is necessary better, its more like who fit better in the team.