2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• The 'core team' that automatically qualifies for the VNL is unfair since the Olympic selection system and world rankings are now attached to it. The majority of countries have had zero chance of competing from the start.

Perhaps, strictly speaking, they would have been caught by some Olympic regulation, which does not fit the spirit of the event in the first place.

At the very least, the continental champions should have been automatically incorporated into the final qualifying round.

The sport would be even more beautiful if the African and Middle Eastern teams were stronger and if the VNL opened up opportunities for the more talented teams. The trait potential is there, as can be seen from the Iranian men's team.

• Polish NT team for VNL:

Setters:

Alicja Grabka

Katarzyna Wenerska

Joanna Wołosz

OHs:

Monika Fedusio

Zuzanna Górecka

Martyna Łukasik

Olivia Różański

Weronika Szlagowska

MBs:

Klaudia Alagierska

Aleksandra Gryka

Agnieszka Kąkolewska

Kamila Witkowska

Libero:

Maria Stenzel

Aleksandra Szczygłowska

• I am surprised and not happy that Czyrniańska isn't here, but maybe he gave her some days off, because she was playing in U21 straight after the league, so she needs it.

I don't know what Grabka is doing there to be honest, but maybe she will gain some NT experience.

• For all those asking about Czyrniańska, she had to stay in Poland to write rest of her 'matura' exams. Tyler

She skipped some of them in the first term due to league games.

• Thanks for clarification, yeah, sometimes I forget that she's still 18.

I just checked that the exams start on June 1st. I guess she might be ready to join the team for week 2 of VNL.

• Wow what a growth from Poland. After sometimes playing with 3 OPPs on court at the same time last year now we don't have any in the 14 people squad :lol::heart:

Let's call for Małgorzata Jasek :D

• Lysiak was way better than Szczyglowska in that friendly matches:what: also I would pick Stencel instead of Gryka but maybe she will get chance in second week

• hence the 3-0 Russia women’s win over USA was such a big jump. At best the USA should have lost in 5, but unexpected results produce big movements.

also have to look at generalities here. “ best teams” are usually in VNL, World Champs, Olympics.

in Africa and Asia World Champ Qualifying and Continental Champs the number of teams participating has always varied.

Brazil bouncing Ecuador 3-0 should have little added to their score. It is expected.

In the past the ranking points were where you finished, but now with every match counting ranking points a big win can go away with a couple losses.

with last year really being the first year of the system, it will be interesting to see at the end of this year where it has moved from 2018 World Champs.

• Lysiak was way better than Szczyglowska in that friendly matches:what: also I would pick Stencel instead of Gryka but maybe she will get chance in second week

I have different opinion :D IMO Łysiak didn't make any progress in Budowlani this season. Szczygłowska on the other hand, had many good and many bad games.

The friendly games showed that polish team needs to improve block. IMO that's the main reason Gryka has been picked instead of Stencel.