2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• Official statement: https://www.volleyball-verband…nichtantritt-gegen-china/

It says that there was no PCR testing prior to the game, lol. And that they want to play on the other date/with more strict testing and health protocols.

It's beyond insane. Chinese team got tested positive and went to 5-day quarantine. After that, they got clearance to play without further PCR tests? How is it a safe protocol to anyone, the athletes, the staff, the referees, the audience?

• And by the way. They would have done the exact same thing if the opponent was France or any other country. That has nothing to do with racism but with a resistance against the rules of FIVB.
    They asked FIVB multiple times to do a second PCR test before the match which FIVB refused. So they did not feel save enough to play and had to cancel this late because they were still hoping for another decision.

Here is a statement of DVV (in german so you probably have to translate it)

https://www.volleyball-verband…nichtantritt-gegen-china/

• It's beyond insane. Chinese team got tested positive and went to 5-day quarantine. After that, they got clearance to play without further PCR tests? How is it a safe protocol to anyone, the athletes, the staff, the referees, the audience?

why is team Germany the only team griping about it when Argentina played against team Japan that also tested positive days before and was subjected to the same covid protocol quarantine?

• why is team Germany the only team griping about it when Argentina played against team Japan that also tested positive days before and was subjected to the same covid protocol quarantine?

I can't speak for Japan and Argentina because both of them don't issue any official statement. But here is my speculation: Japan did PCR tests after quarantine.

According to Japan's roster of Week 2, there's only one Opposite in the list who was Yuji Nishida. His sub who is supposed to be Kento Miyaura went missing. He haven't be seen after landed in the Philippines. So I guess he's not clean from Covid even after 5 day isolation but others did. So Japan dropped him for second week.

• volleyball.it says that yesterday's match between France and China was not played because China had 18 or 19 positive people out of 21. It was weird enough that today they tested all negative all of a sudden.

https://www.volleyball.it/vnl-…nde-in-campo-con-la-cina/

• It's beyond insane. Chinese team got tested positive and went to 5-day quarantine. After that, they got clearance to play without further PCR tests? How is it a safe protocol to anyone, the athletes, the staff, the referees, the audience?

Yup, I wonder if there was some rapid testing at least, or they were just cleared to go. And it's quite symptomatic that according to the German statement, they wanted to find an agreement with FIVB about PCR testing and yet federation didn't agree on that.

• Japan also had 6 players who tested positive and then got cleared to play Argentina. so only China is suspicious?

China couldn’t even field 6 players on court just 24 hours before this match, and China NEVER disclosed who and the exact number of players tested positive (just like they always do). What happened in just 24 hours that the Chinese team is healthy and ready to play again? It makes senses that the German team feels worried and unsafe to play this match.

Japan’s case was completely different. Japan’s players were tested positive on 15th when they arrived, and their first match in the Philippines against Argentina was on 21st. If Japan had to withdraw from a match due to covid and then after just 24 hours they suddenly became ready against Argentina, you may compare them with China.

• China didn't get to field a team yesterday because they were still in Day 5 of quarantine. Based on the official statement of Germany Volleyball / DVV, FIVB cleared them since they followed the local regulations (5 days of quarantine after the result of positive test. no retest needed).

I completely understand Germany here. FIVB should have done a test again, for everyone's safety.

• This isn't really the right thread since it's the women's competition, however volleyball.it says that yesterday's match between France and China was not played because China had 18 or 19 positive people out of 21. It was weird enough that today they tested all negative all of a sudden.

https://www.volleyball.it/vnl-…nde-in-campo-con-la-cina/

PS: can a mod move this part of the conversation to the right thread? Thank you:win:

they tested positive 6 days ago... they cancelled yesterday because they were required 5 days quarantine

• China didn't test positive yesterday or the day before their match against France, they tested positive on the 18th as this statement says http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-imizirau9636031.shtml

This statement from China released on the 20th DID NOT say anything that “China didn’t test positive yesterday or the day before their match against France”. It only said “many people” (多人) in their team was tested positive on the 18th.
    It’s still a big question mark whether the unknown number of players tested positive are now negative or not if Germany required a latest PCR test report today but no one could get it.

• This statement from China released on the 20th DID NOT say anything that “China didn’t test positive yesterday or the day before their match against France”. It only said “many people” (多人) in their team was tested positive on the 18th.
    It’s still a big question mark whether the unknown number of players tested positive are now negative or not if Germany required a latest PCR test report today but no one could get it.

Let me rephrase what I wanted to say: China took the tests on the 18th and the tests came out positive, they didn't took the tests yesterday or the day before their match against France. I agree with you that they whoever is in charge of these things should make sure the ones who tested positive are negative now

• Let me rephrase what I wanted to say: China took the tests on the 18th and the tests came out positive, they didn't took the tests yesterday or the day before their match against France. I agree with you that they whoever is in charge of these things should make sure the ones who tested positive are negative now

FIVB should clear things out. this is their responsibility. China didn't need to test before their match against France because they won't be allowed to play anyway because of the # of quarantine days they have to meet.

• what it means? Will Argentina NT refuse to play too?

I don't think Argentina NT will do it.

However, "some people" might not believe it.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan