Japan Women's NT 2022

• welp. Japan's placement so far seems to put them against China in the next round... then maybe catching u.s.a ....IF they beat China...

Ahhh.. Japan.... the team who's almost there but not quite getting there.

I was hoping they'll atleast get bronze.

• They are just rotating the squad... No need for panic just yet :rolll:

Their opponents in the next round are very strong. It would be sad for them to start undefeated then crash at the end.

but I like the rotating thing. They need to find one other combo that works apart from the one they played with in the last 7 matches they won (except Korea match).

• Imo they shouldn't have used Mayu in this match while she did score the most. Mayu + Airi is a rough combo.

Judging from their interviews, I think this was meant to be a more fortified version of their first 2 weeks that's why Mayu has more participation now. Only this time with Hammy and Airi in the mix, there's also Yamagishi who isn't holding up as expected.

• Inoshi08 is this your first time watching them? anyone can tell right away that you haven't seen any matches by the amount of overreacting you're doing here. Even when Saori was still active they would lose 4 games straight but that didn't stop them from doing well regardless.

If you can't stand it you're free to stan USA and Brazil instead so it won't stress you out. You can be avid's problem from now on.

Why couldn't we have gotten crovolley as a troll instead oyyyy:aww:

• Inoshi08 is this your first time watching them? anyone can tell right away that you haven't seen any matches by the amount of overreacting you're doing here. Even when Saori was still active they would lose 4 games straight but that didn't stop them from doing well regardless.

If you can't stand it you're free to stan USA and Brazil instead so it won't stress you out. You can be avid's problem from now on.

Why couldn't we have gotten crovolley as a troll instead oyyyy:aww:

You're the one over reacting here. I just expressed my fears. Did i badmouth Japan? Did i say they're terrible? Did i put down any player so negatively? You're the one who can't take a not too cheery comment about Japan. Maybe that's the problem if you stan a team so much. You get sensitive with simple comments

• Judging from their interviews, I think this was meant to be a more fortified version of their first 2 weeks that's why Mayu has more participation now. Only this time with Hammy and Airi in the mix, there's also Yamagishi who isn't holding up as expected.

Manabe has to tweak this rotation so that either Airi plays or Mayu but not together. Poor timing having to let Airi translate instead of warming up before Week 3.

Netherlands and Turkey's middles shut them down from the get go.

• Manabe has to tweak this rotation so that either Airi plays or Mayu but not together. Poor timing having to let Airi translate instead of warming up before Week 3.

Netherlands and Turkey's middles shut them down from the get go.

The goal was to have them play together. They can still do that but Airi probably plays better with Seki instead of Matsui.

• The goal was to have them play together.

That's interesting ... what's the source of that? I assume it would put Airi as non-receiving OP? or no?

• That's interesting ... what's the source of that? I assume it would put Airi as non-receiving OP? or no?

I'm basing it on this week's introduction of Airi where Mayu also enters the court with her. I think that may be what Manabe is trying with those 2. I don't know why Manabe would make her non-receiving since she said during her Gopher interviews that her strong suit was playing defense and not so much as a pure attacker like Inoue.

• I'd like to see more of Shimamura instead of Ogawa.

We're seeing more Yamagishi since Kojima is starting to get off track. She's not good with pressure once the team is struggling. Very far from how Kobata was. Understandbly so since this is her first international experience.

• I'm basing it on this week's introduction of Airi where Mayu also enters the court with her. I think that may be what Manabe is trying with those 2. I don't know why Manabe would make her non-receiving since she said during her Gopher interviews that her strong suit was playing defense and not so much as a pure attacker like Inoue.

Interesting again. I'm not sure I'm onboard with the details but I've been drifting in another direction. Should be a couple interesting matches coming up

• I'd like to see more of Shimamura instead of Ogawa.

We're seeing more Yamagishi since Kojima is starting to get off track. She's not good with pressure once the team is struggling. Very far from how Kobata was. Understandbly so since this is her first international experience.

Eda really rattled Ogawa tbh. She couldn't concentrate at all.

• i love these Brazilian fans. They said Japan played "dead" against Turkey so they wouldn't catch USA in the next round (which in turn Brazil might end up facing USA). But then Japan will face Italy and Egonu.

But if Japan is really giving away the game, they will also "try" to lose to Serbia.

They even dug up Rio and London to say that Japan is really just playing up their strategy to avoid certain teams. Which isn't bad really.

These volleyball pages are really fan to read. They give different perspectives to volleyball. Without the snowflakes of course