China NT 2022

• Could be. But i still find the Japanese a bit cold. I've read somewhere that only two of them (the women's team) even wave back a lot or are responsive. The rest just ignores.

I wasn't there when China won against Belgium and Canada, but Jp players were going to the courtside and patron seats to give something and take quick pictures after they won their matches. Maybe they did that as well? But to be fair, they're here for the games not for fan meeting, some players are just very nice to accommodate fans with pictures even outside the venue.

and some of the backup players that are in the audience seat didn't even react during the game compared to Miyabe and co during their match against JP.

• I wasn't there when China won against Belgium and Canada, but Jp players were going to the courtside and patron seats to give something and take quick pictures after they won their matches. Maybe they did that as well? But to be fair, they're here for the games not for fan meeting, some players are just very nice to accommodate fans with pictures even outside the venue.

and some of the backup players that are in the audience seat didn't even react during the game compared to Miyabe and co during their match against JP.

Of course not. But a wave back isn't so bad is it? I guess that fan who said most of the JPN players just ignored people are probably seated far away. Hahahaha

• The Japanese seem to be the same. They aren't as accomodating to fans as well? Maybe we can peg that down to culture? They're not as social?

not sure about what you’ve experienced but what I saw from the JPN girls was quite good! I thought they took the time to acknowledge fans, smile, wave, and after the game against China a few of them were throwing some small souvenirs to the crowd. Quite lovely and appreciative of their fans I thought!

• I wasn't there when China won against Belgium and Canada, but Jp players were going to the courtside and patron seats to give something and take quick pictures after they won their matches. Maybe they did that as well? But to be fair, they're here for the games not for fan meeting, some players are just very nice to accommodate fans with pictures even outside the venue.

i was there for all the CHN games and they didn’t take any photos with fans at all. Only fan interaction I saw was WYL signing some items and that was very brief.

• Could be. But i still find the Japanese a bit cold. I've read somewhere that only two of them (the women's team) even wave back a lot or are responsive. The rest just ignores.

I'm not sure if you were referring to what I said in the Japan thread that Yoshino and Tamaki are the only two consistent ones in greeting the fans and the others just ignores when fans call them. That was an earlier comment and the team was more engaging the latter part of the tournament and even gave away some items. But those two are really the most consistent since the friendly match (pre VNL) and all the others act really shy when people shout their names. In general, the Japan team aren't the most engaging when you compare to USA, Thailand etc. But that doesn't mean that they literally ignored the fans all throughout. Even on the friendly match vs the Philippines, you can see how different they are with Thailand who is always smiling and laughing. They are really reserved and oftentimes looks serious. Mayu Ishikawa is a crowd favorite but acts really shy whenever her name is shouted, unlike others.,

It's the same thing with the China team. Yuan Xinyue actually waves to the crowd a lot compared to the others. They might not be as engaging as USA players, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I've even saw some fans with a big poster of Jin Ye and she was so happy when she saw it and waved a couple of times to the one holding it.

• with a big poster of Jin Ye and she was so happy when she saw it and waved a couple of times to the one holding it

That was me :rose:

• U20 roster for the competition in Kazakhstan (July 4-11).

S: Xie Shengyu, Zhang Kexin, Yin Xiaolan

OH/OPP: Wang Yifan, Zhuang Yushan, Li Xuemeng, Shang Chunyu, Xie Shengyan

MB: Zeng Jieya, Bian Minxuan, Wang Yiting, Zhang Hongziyan

L: Wu Xinyu, Chang Baoyi

2 of the 3 triplets were selected, Xie Shengmei (MB) was not.

4a6bKlBaDPg4uLmmb9rqYJIirzYI0VgY3gv_p7xVKTclynewRhkWBjytUgdCwVppLk2ISU10ivggH4KP9PnSUOVxU9rNQzQC4YzJ57rSvcSBAOVuW38KUc_OW2UlVtjtp8CIaeG8wZBxclm5AA

• left one plays setter but looks a little like KYK.

p.s. surprised they're going given the withdraw at u20 wch

• left one plays setter but looks a little like KYK.

p.s. surprised they're going given the withdraw at u20 wch

They were probably still weary at that time cause of covid, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they do withdraw again at U20 WCH next year. lol

• a serve thats not 100% top spin but also not a float

Is that what the Koreans serve up?

• I think Mayu Ishikawa also has this kind of serve.

I was thinking that too. Some of her serves are like darts but some of them definitely have curve and/or drop to them