China NT 2022

• Haih. Typical China to have the lead and squander it. Shockingly the only players playing at a decent level are the three Wangs. WYL, WWY & birthday queen WYY. Cai bin has finally broken LYY.

guess that was his goal all along, now jiangsu can win CVL for once

• Very winnable game, just terrible coaching. If this is Cai Bin's repertoire, even with regular starters, China won't win any gold.

• I just say the sentence:

Cai Bin isn't the best head coach now.

However, who could replace him and could not be afraid of many non-sports factors ?

Raul Lozano didn't prove that he could do it from 2017 to 2019 in Chinese men's NT.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I just say the sentence:

Cai Bin isn't the best head coach now.

However, who could replace him and could not be afraid of many non-sports factors ?

Raul Lozano didn't prove that he could do it from 2017 to 2019 in Chinese men's NT.

If no local coach is willing to take the job, hiring a foreign coach is an option. Just two things to consider, language barrier and different playing system. You will need a fast and accurate translator during timeouts. The coach will have to adjust to China's system or vice versa. Should consult with Lang Ping who's the best suitable foreign coach for China if it comes to that option.

• OK.

I have a question:

Where is Xu Jia-nan? Could she participate in 2022 AVC Cup?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• If no local coach is willing to take the job, hiring a foreign coach is an option. Just two things to consider, language barrier and different playing system. You will need a fast and accurate translator during timeouts. The coach will have to adjust to China's system or vice versa. Should consult with Lang Ping who's the best suitable foreign coach for China if it comes to that option.

Don’t compare the men NT and women NT. The men NT was never considered a top team in the international tournaments. A good foreign coach would not make much difference. The women NT is a different story. A good foreign coach could be beneficial since Cai Bin is not good enough. I don’t think the language translation will be much of a problem. Japan and Korea have had foreign coaches. However, WYL, JY, and WWY certainly have to go for they will just be liabilities. As to the setter, there is no other better choice yet.

• Don’t compare the men NT and women NT. The men NT was never considered a top team in the international tournaments. A good foreign coach would not make much difference. The women NT is a different story. A good foreign coach could be beneficial since Cai Bin is not good enough. I don’t think the language translation will be much of a problem. Japan and Korea have had foreign coaches. However, WYL, JY, and WWY certainly have to go for they will just be liabilities. As to the setter, there is no other better choice yet.

Since when am I comparing the men's team to the women's team? If you want to talk about men's team, they had their worst results under a foreign coach. Cai Bin is not even the best coach in China. I think everyone chickened out, including An Jiajie, to take over Lang Ping. Japan and Korea didn't have success neither with a foreign coach. So picking a right coach is important, domestic or foreign.

As for the players you mentioned, they will be replaced when the regular starters come back. It's pretty much one and done like many other players who've failed to play well. Hopefully Zhang Changning is healthy to play at World Championships because I don't think Cai Bin will make any changes to the roster.

• I missed the end of the third set and beyond for personal engagements. That was how confident I was that CHN would lose. I think the main thing is that this wasn’t a tough game by ANY means. Italy is frankly, in disarray, and they live or die by Egonu’s errors. CHN had MASSIVE leads and squandered them all. It isn’t even about the girls any more. It is the coaching, the strategies, the plays. And I think people can see it.

The coach made some visible bad decisions, yet doesn’t learn from them. He isn’t teachable. And everyone has made the point that there aren’t any more qualified coaches, which is true, and a reflection of China’s corrupt sports system which churns out one mediocre but well-connected player/coach after another, yet fails to nurture more Zhus or LYYs.

Dark times for CHN WVB fans if Cai Bin stays.

• actual translation: "we lost the match, but it's within our expectations. everything needs a process and i got recognition from the italian coach. thanks for all of your love and support, even/especially the criticism, without it i would not be as motivated to improve. you all (fans) are pretty cute, but please criticize a little less. thanks for my teammates, we still have to walk down this path together in the future (translator's note: oh no). see you all next match"