China NT 2022

• Me writing it in Cantonese: Diu lei choi bao meh dou em chi tou , ngo tei gong gei toh bai jor

(Forgive the bad romanisation, I tried my best and there's no rule of thumb either :cheesy:)

:huh:

豈有此理菜包 我地講咩都唔聽 當我地發噏風咩 hei yau chi lei, choi bao, ngodei gong meh duo mm tiang, dong ngodei faat ngup foong meh :lol:

• Just watching the men’s QF.....Japan vs France....there’s hardly any rallies, their spiking and jump serves are so powerful they’re making a sound like a rifle shot ! Well, maybe it’s just the echo peculiar to this stadium. The men’s game is certainly different from the women’s game.

The men’s matches are quite boring - too much power and hardly any rally. It is like 1, 2 , 3 and that’s it. Hope the women’s matches won’t be heading that kind of style.

• The French Ministry of Sports decided to delay China's Men's team from participating in the French League this upcoming season until further details within the contract are revised. One suggestion made was to extended the previously mentioned two year contract to possibly four or five years. The next was to involve additional exchanges with the Women's teams and youth teams.

• The French Ministry of Sports decided to delay China's Men's team from participating in the French League this upcoming season until further details within the contract are revised. One suggestion made was to extended the previously mentioned two year contract to possibly four or five years. The next was to involve additional exchanges with the Women's teams and youth teams.

I believe the whole project won’t happen after all. French media reported that the president of the French National Volleyball League (LNV) does not see the project being able to complete before 2024. While the main goal from China side was to help their men’s team to prepare for the 2024 OG and try to qualify, the idea will become meaningless if the project won’t be able to start even in the 2023-24 season. And I just don’t think China/CVA will wait for that long.

https://www.beinsports.com/fra…ue-en-letat-linte/1920433

The LNV does not see the project being completed before 2024

For the president of the LNV, the objections put forward by the services led by Amélie Oudéa-Castera require “rewriting a project and that cannot be done in a fortnight or three weeks”. In other words, the leaders of French professional volleyball are renouncing to integrate the Chinese men's selection into the men's League A in the near future but also to the financial windfall that this would have brought. “French professional volleyball will thus lose two million euros, the amount of the proposed contract. Other resources will have to be found, admitted Yves Bouget. This magnificent project will not start for the 2022-2023 season, nor for 2023-2024.”

• Read an article in WoV Zhang is back for WCH? Not sure if this news is reliable, I thought she already had her wedding?

• I believe the whole project won’t happen after all. French media reported that the president of the French National Volleyball League (LNV) does not see the project being able to complete before 2024. While the main goal from China side was to help their men’s team to prepare for the 2024 OG and try to qualify, the idea will become meaningless if the project won’t be able to start even in the 2023-24 season. And I just don’t think China/CVA will wait for that long.

“The LNV does not see the project being completed before 2024

For the president of the LNV, the objections put forward by the services led by Amélie Oudéa-Castera require “rewriting a project and that cannot be done in a fortnight or three weeks”. In other words, the leaders of French professional volleyball are renouncing to integrate the Chinese men's selection into the men's League A in the near future but also to the financial windfall that this would have brought. “French professional volleyball will thus lose two million euros, the amount of the proposed contract. Other resources will have to be found, admitted Yves Bouget. This magnificent project will not start for the 2022-2023 season, nor for 2023-2024.”

Had China proposed this project back in January like what the French Volleyball Federation president Eric Tanguy wished for this would've had a different result. They would've had lots of time to revise and edit the contract with multiple changes for anything of concern. Things could've been put in place by now, but unfortunately with them waiting until this last possible moment to propose this idea now it won't happen.

Last minute changes may work for CVA in China, but when it comes to big projects like these involving another country/federation it takes time before coming to fruition. Definitely a missed opportunity for them.

• I believe the whole project won’t happen after all. French media reported that the president of the French National Volleyball League (LNV) does not see the project being able to complete before 2024. While the main goal from China side was to help their men’s team to prepare for the 2024 OG and try to qualify, the idea will become meaningless if the project won’t be able to start even in the 2023-24 season. And I just don’t think China/CVA will wait for that long.

“The LNV does not see the project being completed before 2024

Include the women's team as a package deal and I'm sure it'll happen

• Random question to all my China fans: Can you all recommend any books on the rise of women’s volleyball in China? Preferably not something that’s overly patriotic/ 中国女排精神 or 祖国真伟大-esque/merely top players’ experiences during the r glory days, but will consider if those are the only ones available. I found a few that were published when 夺冠 was released, but am interested in something that goes into the history of the sport - how it was even played pre-1980s, sociopolitical impact of the glory days etc. A bit random but thought who else to ask but the most diehard of fans here :P Ok to read in Chinese too.

fire_cai_bin  tomen  jetmasters (only tagging since you all seem to be long time fans!)

• Ollie

I don’t have any books but I have some old newspaper clippings.....

The China Sport Museum in Beijing has a lot of info/photos (team, individual players who have won Olympics, WC’ships and W’cup) and a shop selling souvenirs, books...they may have what you’re looking for...

https://olympics.com/museum/co…useums/china-sport-museum

Nowadays, a lot of information can be found online too, for instance....

https://baike.baidu.com/item/中国国家女子排球队/1134805

And of course, if you’re interested (to the level of being passionate) in this subject, you could even write a book on it....

btw if you do, and there is a section on ‘quotes’ you may include some of the kind words we said about 2022 coach, Cai Bin =O

• :huh:

豈有此理菜包 我地講咩都唔聽 當我地發噏風咩 hei yau chi lei, choi bao, ngodei gong meh duo mm tiang, dong ngodei faat ngup foong meh :lol:

Love this, thank you Julian :rose:

Venting in Cantonese just seems so much better :mad::mad::mad::hit:

• Blimey ! There’s no live action of any sport today :what:

Ah ! but the Commonwealth Games begins later tonight in Birmingham, UK 7pm gmt+1

....but there’s only beach volleyball :|

Sometimes, I wish they have indoor vb so that teams like Canada and Kenya have opportunity to win gold (for the women). For the men, I think Canada, Australia and India are quite strong.

sciew venting at you-know-who in any language will make us feel better :D

• It's been pretty boring ever since VNL ended :( I miss hanging out with yall here in Chinatown, but thhankfully the WC is around the corner!! :dance6:

I'll most probably only be paying attention to badminton in the Commonwealth Games :box:

Thankfully, we know more than a few languages to vent :drink::whistle:

• Looks like there won't be many other international volleyball tournaments this year, so no chance of going for a live game :gone:

VNL mentioned they'll announce next year's host countries, so hopefully there'll be a few stops in Asia :super: