China NT 2022

• I'd be happy if we either don't make the final 8 (and cai bin finally gets fired) or we make the podium. Nothing in between!

i feel pretty confident that we won’t be make it to the final round. Pretty clear that it’ll be between us and Japan, and they are the stronger team right now, so… Who’s going to be the next NT coach 😂

• i feel pretty confident that we won’t be make it to the final round. Pretty clear that it’ll be between us and Japan, and they are the stronger team right now, so… Who’s going to be the next NT coach 😂

Please see men's NT. All coaches are afraid of being the head coach of NT. Yes, all! Foreign coaches? Please ask Raul Lozano. I don't know what he will say.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Please see men's NT. All coaches are afraid of being the head coach of NT. Yes, all! Foreign coaches? Please ask Raul Lozano. I don't know what he will say.

I really really want to see a foreign head coach. But to be honest I don’t think it’s going to happen (nationalism) and that coach would be absolutely slaughtered one way or another. As much as I think Cai Bin isn’t performing up to par, there is some level of begrudging respect that he was at least willing to take up the mantle…

I’m hoping for a former player to perhaps join the race/conversation - Feng Kun? Of course they just might not be interested, but I’m sure Lang Ping is working behind the scenes to identify potential successors. Why do we (read: I 😂) perceive of her as our savior 😂😂

• Please see men's NT. All coaches are afraid of being the head coach of NT. Yes, all! Foreign coaches? Please ask Raul Lozano. I don't know what he will say.

I really really want to see a foreign head coach. But to be honest I don’t think it’s going to happen (nationalism) and that coach would be absolutely slaughtered one way or another. As much as I think Cai Bin isn’t performing up to par, there is some level of begrudging respect that he was at least willing to take up the mantle…

I’m hoping for a former player to perhaps join the race/conversation - Feng Kun? Of course they just might not be interested, but I’m sure Lang Ping is working behind the scenes to identify potential successors. Why do we (read: I 😂) perceive of her as our savior 😂😂

It’s interesting that you mention Feng Kun. I thought maybe her husband, retired Thai coach, Kiattipong (coach Aod) can play a part....perhaps as advisor to the NT. I’m a big fan of coach Aod, I think he played a large part in raising the standard of volleyball in Thailand. In the past he had expressed a desire to move to China with his family. Maybe CVA can give him a reason to do that...and help the NT :roll:

• I really really want to see a foreign head coach. But to be honest I don’t think it’s going to happen (nationalism) and that coach would be absolutely slaughtered one way or another. As much as I think Cai Bin isn’t performing up to par, there is some level of begrudging respect that he was at least willing to take up the mantle…

low key wanted Lai Yawen to take over. The girls are familiar with her so it wouldn't have been much of change.

Cai Bin came in changed the whole dynamic. Giving questionable players like Wang Yunlu and Wang Weiyi too long of a leash. Diao moved up to starting setter which I'm still not happy about. Her skill level is still not up to par of Ding Xia and Yao Di and she's only younger than them by a couple years. Yuan seems to be regressing which is really sad. His coaching staff is problematic, Zhang Chen?? Li Yanlong?? I'm sorry, but :wall:

The real bright spots on the team are Gong, LYY, and Wang YY.

• she's only younger than them by a couple years

Too bad Yao Di is doing some treatment with TCM which have traces of PEDs so she is literally not available (from her own interview). I think she will be back in 2023-24.

Zhang Chen??

His half sister would be a better coach for opposite

• I thought she was Saori Kimura at first glance!

• It's the Mid Autumn Festival* today, so I hope you guys get to eat some moon cakes ^^

* also called Moon Cake Festival...this year it falls on 10 Sept.

The ASEAN grand prix is now on...it involves 4 teams from Southeast Asia, a region well known for its friendly people and tasty food but not particularly strong in volleyball. However world ranked 14 Thailand is playing there....:)

2022 ASEAN Grand Prix (Sept 9-11) Thailand

• 中秋節快樂,朋友們 :flower:<3

• rumors:

1. The liberos of WCH 2022 will be Wang Meng-jie and Ni Fei-fan.

2. Lin Li isn't retired. She will be reactive in Season 22/23. I think in Fujian VC, Zheng Xin-yi was not good in Season 21/22.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• based on pictures from reporters (source: weibo), it looks like the starting lineup for WCH is not changed from the VNL lineup; with the exception of WMJ as libero (and it seems like Wang Weiyi went back to Shanghai from her social media IP).

Ding Xia and Li Yingying deserve better. :/

• based on pictures from reporters (source: weibo), it looks like the starting lineup for WCH is not changed from the VNL lineup; with the exception of WMJ as libero (and it seems like Wang Weiyi went back to Shanghai from her social media IP).

Ding Xia and Li Yingying deserve better. :/

is Yao Di in the picture?

that might be a bad phrase. I mean in the team lol