China NT 2022

• A good coach is very important. At least we won't see Cai Bin again, hopefully.

• Oh well, that's the end of the national team season. Hopefully next year some players can return and we can be more competitive.

In the meantime there's club season; check out how the players are doing in the CVL thread Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship) and Serie A thread Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

Don't think any other leagues are relevant to the national team this year.

• Li has matured. ZT + LYY is gonna be TERRIFIC. Maybe the most powerful duo in CV history.

btw 106.8 km/h? 😅😂

I second this quote:drink:. 2020 Tokyo Olympics if ZT wasn’t seriously injured even more so if she was 100% healthy, 🇨🇳 could have retained the title. Yan Ni then was injured too. If ZT, LYY and ZCN can once again be in the 🇨🇳🏐NT, the team will be pretty invincible.

• Some names I wanna see be given more opportunities next year.

S: Xu Xiaoting,

OPP: Wang Yindi, Zhou Yetong

OH: Zhuang Yushan, Wang Yifan, Wu Mengjie, Zhong Hui

MB: Xue Yizhi, Wang Wenhan, Liu Yu

L: Xu Jianan

• +An Jiajie, heck I'd even have Wang Baoquan back

• We are not saying that if it was another coach we would’ve definitely won. Far from it, we still could’ve lost because Italy was so much stronger.

Indeed all the teams in the QF stage are so strong that a podium finish is not guaranteed even if we had Lang Ping or if Zhu Ting was playing.

I think what upset most of us is the question...did we send our best selection ?

We know that even between VNL and WCH the coaches of other teams fine tuned their selection. All of them had to make difficult decisions of dropping underperforming players. At the AVC Cup, some of the players looked good enough to at least make the reserve list, none were considered...and almost the whole team that failed in VNL showed up at the WCH.

Most of us have been following the NT for many years and really care for them....why, I wouldn’t be writing this at 1:30 in the morning, if the team didn’t matter. If Cai Bin love this team as much as we do, he should step aside and allow someone else to take over.

• I think the team actually plays ok, well i should say match expectations at this level. They won the matches that they should win - no complains there. And the team overall is gelling together ok, and connections much better thanks to WMJ coming back.

I also think the we could just still lose even Zhu is back, just like we did in WCH 2018. But still, it's a pity that we are not bring the ones with good potential to at least experience a bit, just like JLP bringing in GXY back in 2016. It turns out to be very right.

Now, looking forward to seeing Zhu play in Scandicci

• I think the team actually plays ok, well i should say match expectations at this level. They won the matches that they should win - no complains there. And the team overall is gelling together ok, and connections much better thanks to WMJ coming back.

I also think the we could just still lose even Zhu is back, just like we did in WCH 2018. But still, it's a pity that we are not bring the ones with good potential to at least experience a bit, just like JLP bringing in GXY back in 2016. It turns out to be very right.

Now, looking forward to seeing Zhu play in Scandicci.

If ZT is playing with this lineup, the result might be tight but still a defeat. GXY is injured and playing non stop through out all the matches, the OP is the weak link in this tournament. Plus the MB are lacking in blocking too.

• A healthy ZT would have lit up the Morale and everybody would have played knowing they could REALLY win every match. That’s the most important thing, rather than her own performance.