Turkey NT 2022

• Happy to see Aycin there but I would still prefer Kübra and Aslı since both had very good seasons and have a lot of international experiences. God knows what Guidetti has in mind🤦

We have 7 decent OH option but none of them is great. Probably Hande is the safest bet, but other 3 will be anyone's guess

• Elif isn't good blocker she is just tall.

• Elif isn't good blocker she is just tall.

That's so not true🤦

• Turkey is in a competitive group in the World Championship and Cansu is "decent at her best" after her injury in the mid-season. Turkey needs two balanced setters in this tournament, not a backup for Cansu. I don't think Elif can be a starter against South Korea or Croatia. She is a weak setter, she just had the benefit of playing with Saliha & Hande in the club.

• Turkey is in a competitive group in the World Championship and Cansu is "decent at her best" after her injury in the mid-season. Turkey needs two balanced setters in this tournament, not a backup for Cansu. I don't think Elif can be a starter against South Korea or Croatia. She is a weak setter, she just had the benefit of playing with Saliha & Hande in the club.

i would really like to understand what a spectacular season kubra did. She was in the main games in the Turkish league as a starter because chiaka couldn't play. She didn't do anything very important.

Is playing with saliha and hande a benefit? for me it's not haha.

• i would really like to understand what a spectacular season kubra did. She was in the main games in the Turkish league as a starter because chiaka couldn't play. She didn't do anything very important.

Is playing with saliha and hande a benefit? for me it's not haha.

Kübra was bad in the first half but after december she was so good. if you didn't watch vakıf games much, you should look her stats. you can clearly see her good performances.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…px?ID=62&PID=0&Player=427

Also, she had many moments that she changed the rhythm of the games.

• Kübra was bad in the first half but after december she was so good. if you didn't watch vakıf games much, you should look her stats. you can clearly see her good performances.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…px?ID=62&PID=0&Player=427

Also, she had many moments that she changed the rhythm of the games.

is it good because not much is expected of her? I watched a few Vakif games she was playing and to me it just seemed like she did her job. I do wish they would set her more. She gets set like 5 times a match.... clearly is not a priority for them

• is it good because not much is expected of her? I watched a few Vakif games she was playing and to me it just seemed like she did her job. I do wish they would set her more. She gets set like 5 times a match.... clearly is not a priority for them

she was last option on attacks since played with zehra haak gabi and bartsch but I agrre they should have set her more

look her stats in the second half

games:18

total blocks: 54, 3 per match, 0.88 per set

attacking: %58 succ, %53 eff

total ace: 18, 0.30 ace per set

total points: 131

I strongly disagree, Cansu was shaky at the end but overall she had a very good tournament in VNL.

I don't know why you are underestimating Elif so much, she is a creative setter with very good technique. I'm not even mentioning about her good blocking and serving skills. She is not a world class setter yet but compared to Buse who had a terrible season and Sıla who is a boring setter at her best, Elif is the best option we got. I was hopeful about Lila Şengün but she didn't show anything special during junior NT matches this summer so there are not many youngsters in the pipeline neither

• Personally I prefer Lila Şengün over Elif. I don't dislike Elif but she is not different from Buse for being a starter in her club. Lila's setting is really nice, it reminds me a bit of Naz when she was younger with how precise and clean it is. Rooting for Sarıyer next season 👏

• Kaptan Eda Erdem at the 2028 Olympics :cheesy::lol:

FZFvviZXkAIyRjD?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Yaprak Erkek and Bahar Akbay have joined the team camp for the Islamic Solidarity Games.

It is there too Buket Gülübay,İdil Naz Kanbur and Yasemin Özel:win:

• Some thoughts:

Turkey need better libero options. Wanting to play defensive and involve middles really means this is essential. Gio should have called some names from the league like Dilek Kınık. Of course Gizem Örge...

We know why Gio doesn't pick offensive only OHs, but they really need clutch gene and to remain calm. I really think all we need here are some players that can stay level-headed. Meliha and Tuğba lack in this department even though they are natural choices defensively. Saliha is better but her reception is not as stable. Hande is underrated for the NT even I would say not gonna lie, she is just always there.

I really hope Ayçin can show herself, anyone really, playing with the system Turkey plays and not having more MB options is not sustainable long term. Turkey could be a team that brings 4 MBs even. We develop good MBs each gen too just pick a few.

Ebrar is ok at times and not so at other times, she can still develop more and Vargas arriving will really elevate this team a lot offensively. Meryem Boz I feel like might retire after Wch.

I like Cansu but we also need more options here, I like Elif but she is not playing regular and it really shows often tbh. I hope to see Lila next season after a good season in Sarıyer.

• Overall I'm excited for Wch but realistically I think we can just hope for the best without expectations. What I really hope is that we win Ayçin as an NT member and the OHs to be slightly more stabile as they often are throughout an NT season with Gio

• Overall I'm excited for Wch but realistically I think we can just hope for the best without expectations. What I really hope is that we win Ayçin as an NT member and the OHs to be slightly more stabile as they often are throughout an NT season with Gio

Each oh has her moments at some point during VNL so I'm hoping that training with Gui for 2 more months would elevate their level. As long as eda is healthy, we don't need 3rd MB but yeah in the case of injury, there is a big gap between our starters and 3rd mb. Especially when Kübra and Aslı are not there.

I agree with you on Dilek kınık, I think she is very underrated. She has been very solid in last 3 season with a consistent level. She deserved a call more than Buse Kayacan.

• Hande is underrated? In what regard? :what:

Besides the MBs there is no other reliable player really, it is what it is. She was key in every tournament Turkey did well in if you ask me and Turkey did pretty decent in many tournaments, others can see that differently of course. I can't expect Zhu Ting performances from her so I'm not worried about her overall, if there is anyone else capable of better I'd like to see it too, but I don't see anyone like that so far.

• Besides the MBs there is no other reliable player really, it is what it is. She was key in every tournament Turkey did well in if you ask me and Turkey did pretty decent in many tournaments, others can see that differently of course. I can't expect Zhu Ting performances from her so I'm not worried about her overall, if there is anyone else capable of better I'd like to see it too, but I don't see anyone like that so far.

I don’t disagree with that, in fact I had a similar comment a while ago, but calling Hande underrated is just wrong. At least to me. She has/had lots of opportunities at every level, opportunities that were not given to anybody else, yet she delivered only little. If she is anything, she is overrated.

• We have a black hole in OH since Gözde Kırdar ended her career, Hande is the most outspoken of our OH, but her clubbing season has not been very impressive this year. Saliha is now a bit like Hande's initial version in the national team, for sure she improved the defense because she was always a hole in that element and now it's decent, she just needs to improve the reception. Meliha has the most stable reception and good defense also in the team will be because of this. Derya would be very good OH if she had a decent reception but she just can't handle it and she is doing quite well in an attack. Tuğba is a very dynamic player and needed for our team.

We just have to count on a good day for our OH.

As for our libero:

I'm not ready for Ayça to be No. 1 so Simge is our best option for now (Gizem:mad:) although I have the impression that her level may not have fallen much, but it's not the same Simge.

Setter:

I also like Cansu but the lack of Naz is very noticeable in matches for the stakes because Cansu is boiling a lot, Elif is a solid playmaker but I don't know if, for example, Cansu's injury would be able to compensate for it, I count on Lila, reminds me a bit of Naz as she started .

MB:

We have great starters ~ Eda and Zehra, but the difference between them and our 3 MB is huge and it's not for the better. OPP: Admitting Vargas to our team will definitely raise our team offensively and Meryem I expect that this will be her last season in NT, Ebrar has a lot of power in the attack but I am personally irritated by her slow rush to attack:rolleyes::sleeping: