Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2022/2023)

• having watched most of eczacibasi’s games this season, Hande looks like she doesn’t want to hit a ball, let alone kill one. over 50% is a rarity so far, most days it feels like ~30% or less; while as OH1 in NT last summer she could pull it off. but i agree, her reception has gotten a lot better, compared to saliha (and adams, if one must), hande does consistently hold the fort. her defence is ok. so is she up there with the best yet? i don’t know… does she want to be?

• any rumors of Plummer in Imoco? I love her but she does not fit their system. I am worried Plummer is turning into Mihajlovic-ish player.

I think she's staying.

why is that? She's not as terrible of a passer as Mihajlovic is.

Wolosz relies too much on Egonu. Egonu is terminating at 48%, 35% efficient... meanwhile Plummer is 50% terminal and 35.4% efficient.

Wolosz just runs Egonu-ball. (Plummer gets 5.8 attempts/set, Egonu gets 10.5)

:whistle:

• I followed her since her NCAA days and I am worried her passing is not improving. Just really curious if she will fit Karch system

• What will happen to buse Ünal. I thought FB was investing in her to use her as starter next year. She started a lot of matches instead of Naz.:what:

She is the best local setter after Naz and Cansu. She should definitely be a starter in one of the top 4. It would be a waste ir she would bench for a foreigner setter considering that we simply don't have any solid setter as Cansu's backup in NT:down:

I'm happy with Jack's transfer. I was rooting for her since she was playing in uralochka, she is such a dominant scorer MB. However she won't be a big upgrade to Heyrman since Jack's block is a liability like Heyrman's:whistle:

Im curious where Gaila Lopez will go. She is one for the break through of the season. I can see her playing in GS or even THY. She is having just a phenomenal season so far. Best scorer, best server and 5th best blocker of league so far:what:

Another player who will be in the list of big clubs is Mitchem. She is not a solid receiver but her attack is very consistent and she is a versatile attacker. She can be even an upgrade to Madison Kingdon in THY

Ergül Eroğlu had a decent season in Aydın so I wouldn't be surprised she would be back to one of the top 5-6 teams again.

• having watched most of eczacibasi’s games this season, Hande looks like she doesn’t want to hit a ball, let alone kill one. over 50% is a rarity so far, most days it feels like ~30% or less; while as OH1 in NT last summer she could pull it off. but i agree, her reception has gotten a lot better, compared to saliha (and adams, if one must), hande does consistently hold the fort. her defence is ok. so is she up there with the best yet? i don’t know… does she want to be?

Hande's attacking ratios in the last games

%60 against Nilüfer

%53 against PTT

%36 against Vakifbank

%53 against Sariyer

%40 against THY

%62 against Galatasaray

%46 against Uralochka

%45 against Uralochka

%55 against PTT

• yes appreciate the posting of % but they don’t reflect the reality unless errors are taken into consideration. lets be nice and forget about the times she got stuffed, this is what we are left with after the last match-ups with the top 3 (cos that’s what matters)-

vs THY 32%

vs Vakifbank 29%

vs Fenerbace 13%

P.S. for what it’s worth I do like Hande when she chooses to compete.

• Other than Gabi, KYK, Larson, Robinson — who are the other well balanced OHs that is good (nod decent)?

I believe Cazaute (French outside hitter playing for Chieri) has the potential to become a well balanced outside hitter in the near future!

• They played against fener almost three months ago lol

And %30 efficiency is not bad. What do you expect from her? she is not zhu ting.

btw, as far as I remember she had better hitting efficeny than Boskovic, Saliha and Adams againts Vakif. I said it before her stats was not bad comparing her to teammates in this match.

Anyway, let's not continue this since we are going off topic.

• You guys should not forget that even Larson for example wasn’t known to be the best passer in the beginning.. When she first came in the NT in 2009, she was like a scoring OH.. Then in 2010, reception was handled mainly by Logan and Stacy.. It wasn’t until 2012 when she started to play an all round game.. and as her attacking started to decline, she became a better passer

• Kinda bummed that there's no rumors of LYY going abroad.

She may not be an all around player, but she could be a solid offensive contributor that a team can invest in for the coming years. The Chinese League is just too easy for her now, playing in Europe could really help take her development into the next level.

She may not be an all around player, but she could be a solid offensive contributor that a team can invest in for the coming years. The Chinese League is just too easy for her now, playing in Europe could really help take her development into the next level.

doesnt Tianjin have some partnership with Busto Arsizio? That would be a really good place for her. Musso is a good coach.

• doesnt Tianjin have some partnership with Busto Arsizio? That would be a really good place for her. Musso is a good coach.

They have some kind of cooperation. I also thought Tianjin and Fener had something similar with the whole Vargas going to China thing which would in turn have LYY eventually making her way to Turkey, but I guess that didn't work out.

There's a rumor that Tianjin might participate in the Asian Club Cup this year to win a ticket for WCCH. If they do get it then I don't see Tianjin letting her leave unfortunately.

• I would like to mention Martyna Łukasik from Chemik Police, she's doing better in every part of the game and she has solid reception taking into consideration that she was OPP before. It's still a lot to improve, but definitely she's a capable of being that kind of OH.

• Don't forget to mention Zhang Changning. I think she is one of the best allround OH right now.

I really want to see her in Turkey, but it seems like it will never happen.

Maybe she should work with GUI in VakıfBank. He helped Zhu to improve her reception. I think he can help LYY too

• Don't forget to mention Zhang Changning. I think she is one of the best allround OH right now.

I really want to see her in Turkey, but it seems like it will never happen.

I could see a lot of top clubs in Turkey and Italy going after her if she was available. But the reason I didn't mention her was because she's already stated she has no interest going abroad. ;(

She's getting married this summer and there have been rumors the past couple years of her wanting to have a baby so the possibility of her playing outside of China is zero. Would've been nice to see her playing against Zhu in Vakifbank.