Eurovolley 2023

• I think villani was better than both omoruyi and degradi. I understand that omoruyi is young so she can be included but villani was for sure deserved it more than degradi. She should be included since Antropova won't be in the final roster anyways

• I think villani was better than both omoruyi and degradi. I understand that omoruyi is young so she can be included but villani was for sure deserved it more than degradi. She should be included since Antropova won't be in the final roster anyways

Imo omoruyi was better than villani but why put degradi that has been a liability and a machine error all vnl

I think Antropova will be there and this * is just in case if something happens.

I don't see any logic in Mazzanti's choices (if he wanted to award players that played in VNL - nice, but why not Villani? etc) - but I also don't think Chirichella and Bosetti were any good in NT in most cases, so if he wanted a shock factor, these were good candidates to be cut. Like it or not, Sylla has by far better resume in NT than Bosetti. De Gennaro's absence is weird though.

• Myślę, że Antropova tam będzie, a to * jest na wypadek, gdyby coś się wydarzyło.

Nie widzę żadnej logiki w wyborach Mazzantiego (jeśli chciał nagradzać graczy, którzy grali w VNL – fajnie, ale dlaczego nie Villani? itp.) – ale nie sądzę też, aby Chirichella i Bosetti byli w większości przypadków dobrzy w NT , więc jeśli chciał czynnika szokującego, byli to dobrzy kandydaci do usunięcia. Czy ci się to podoba, czy nie, Sylla ma zdecydowanie lepsze CV w NT niż Bosetti. Nieobecność De Gennaro jest jednak dziwna.

The shock factor may have done last year during the VNL. Then it was time to experiment. For what purpose did he call Bosetti to the training camp in August? He had also previously placed de Gennaro and Chirichelle on the early-season call-up list. For what purpose? I would still understand that he removed one person but not half of the lineup from the previous year.

• Do you guys think it is a beef between Bosetti and Mazzanti or purely performance based decision?

To be honest, bosetti didn't have a good club season in Novara this year but so does pietrini and sylla. And she had such a long time to recover if she had small injuries.

Pietrini& Sylla seemed to do a good job based on friendlies against Serbia but I would doubt that they will repeat same good performance in ech from a few years ago

There's no reason to cut a Bosetti out if there is no physical condition problems. This season she wasn't flashy on offence, but together with Fersino she carried most of the weight of the team in the second row. Out of the thousands problems of Novara, Caterina was certainly not among them.

Well, you saying that comforts me a little bit and I truly hope you're right, but for me Bosetti, especially after De Gennaro was cut, is way too important for the steadiness of the team, especially when it comes to pass and defend. Plus, she has good manual skills and that can be helpful every now and then on offence.

• Iman Isanovic (Bosnia) and Magda Jehlarova (Czechia) got permission to play the euros

so im not entirely sure how this is working... maybe someone else can share insight .

in 2021, Magda played the first few group stage games and then left for the NCAA

but the press release. by their school, doesnt give that vibe to me...

they have a big match the first week of NCAA (Aug 25 or 26) so that would be a big miss... or will they be eliminated by then? lol

• They (Czech NT) later played without Magda. She left in the middle of tournament

• German roster:

S: Pia Kästner, Corina Glaab

OH/OPP: Hanna Orthmann, Lina Alsmeier, Lena Stigrot, Laura Emonts, Antonia Stautz, Rica Maase

MB: Camilla Weitzel, Marie Schölzel, Monique Strubbe, Anastasia Cekulaev

L: Anna Pogany, Annie Cesar

• Do you think emonts can play as opp? Or they will rotate the 3 outsides again?