Eurovolley 2023

• Congrats Turkiye!:super: Compared to previous matches they fought really well today, although I still wish we'd seen more middle attacks. Vargas definitely MVP of this tournament, such a game-changer for her team to bring them to that extra level.

After these finals, I would mention as dream team: Ogjenovic-Vargas, Baijens-Lohuis, Karakurt-Pietrini & Gizem! Elif & Aleksic could have made it if they got to play more tho :rose:

• It makes sense that the winner point is from Vargas, she's the last piece of the puzzle Santarelli started to assemble back in January. Not the most likeable team in the world, but they're on another level right now. A complete team with a coach that knows how to pull out the 110% from his roster.

Heartbreak for Serbia, but lots of recriminations about how Ognjenović distributed in fourth and fifth set. I won't say that's the only reason why they lost, but that wasn't the best way to involve your superstar in the game. Tough luck for Guidetti too, who seems to cement his eternal second reputation with national teams, but considering his side is playing continuously for a podium spot on international competitions since 2011 if I'm not wrong. That's what I call a process...

• Turkis fan voting didn't turn out that bad lol. I agree in general.

I think I would add Indy Baijens as 2nd MB. Setter Elif? Idk lol, maybe someone else though none of them were amazing, maybe Orro.

Vargas MVP, Bosko best Opp would be sweet but unlikely.

• I think it's really hard to select a dream team, because IMO no player played on a consistent high level. If I have to choose it will look like this:

Setter: Alessia Orro

Opposite: Tijana Boskovic

Outside hitters: Ebrar Karakurt & Marrit Jasper

Middle blockers: Indy Baijens & Zehra Güneş

Libero: Gizem Örge

MVP: Melissa Vargas

• I would put Pietrini instead Karakurt.

• My dream team would be:

Van Alen/Boskovic

Karakurt/Busa

Zehra/Baijens

Gizem

MVP: Vargas

(assuming it’s chosen amongst top 3 teams)

Some players outside top 3 who had great tournament overall are: Pietrini, Sylla, Korneluk, Haak, Janssens, Cazaute, Orro.

• I think these are the two best teams in the world right now

imo this teams have Two of the 3 very best opps in the world. This players can keep a team alive in bad moments and this is what makes difference. IMO there are a lot of good teams right now.

• I have to say I'm really proud of Gizem. it's been years of Turkish fans calling out her being ignored in NT a robbery and it was always a hot topic. She was always the best Turkish libero, however the expectation was just so high and so anticipated that I wouldn't be surprised if she would just not be able to deliver.

Forget delivering, she exceeded the expectations :super:

• BTW congrats to Belgium, I think they did an amazing job organising this tournament ^^