Eurovolley 2023

• Massive congratulations to Spain. Although we have a better roster, they looked a better team today and controlled every aspect of the game. That tells a lot about our performance and the state of the team: apart from the obvious technical issues (once again very poor blocking and passing), it's a side that lacks confidence, because as soon as the tides turn even marginally against them the heads drop.

This is something that has to be given to the team and it's got to be generated by either the coach or the captain. One of those two has to get the players on the field with the belief that they can win the game. Considering how Sylla led the team through a very complicated VNL, there's one left that goes there darting. I wonder how can we expect to make it with such premises.

• I am almost sure Boskovic and Guidetti would crush this italian team if they continue to play like that, hope Turkey be in SF and can do the same.

:lol::lol::lol:

I am almost sure Boskovic and Guidetti would crush this italian team if they continue to play like that, hope Turkey be in SF and can do the same.

:aww:

• Wtf, mazzanti still doing experiments. Best and experienced player egonu still in reverse. This is a crime for italian nt. Egonu had to play and find her rhythm. Big dislike button for mazzanti👎

• Wtf, mazzanti still doing experiments. Best and experienced player egonu still in reverse. This is a crime for italian nt. Egonu had to play and find her rhythm. Big dislike button for mazzanti👎

welcome to club

• Advancing to the semi-finals and winning bronze is the maximum of dreams for this team. This will be for 99% promotion to the Olympics through the World Ranking. With USA and Poland at home there is no chance with that bad form and playing. Even if team in this condition and with this coach goes to the Olympics next year they have no chance of winning a medal. Another 3 years wasted :( In my opinion Mencarelli's junior team in his tournament is playing much better than the senior team.

• Thanks to Spain for making this match really fun to watch :heart: In Italy's pool they might even have finished 2nd. I hope they grow as a team with all their young players and if some good players who aren't in NT right now will be there in the future they can be even better in the next ECH.

Which Spanish players were missing this tournament?

• Congrats to France and Italy! I've seen the first match, in the first set I thought "hey there's the France I've seen in Challenger Cup!" That quickly changed to "ah there's the France I know from group stage" for the rest of the match :lol:

Wasn't able to see Italy - Spain, but I knew Spain could put up a fight although the score was closer than I'd expected (perhaps the closest so far?). For those who watched: what was working for them, where are Italy's weak spots? Asking for a friend who might meet them for 3rd place if all goes well in 1/8 - QFs :whistle:

• Did you watch France today? Even current Italy should not have any trouble there...

Romania had a real chance to force the tie-break and maybe even win the match, fair enough, but the same goes for us. We shouldn't have suffered this much last night and still Spain had her chances to bring the game home. So, yeah, current Italy can get into all sorts of trouble against everbody.

You shouldn't, he's the best coach an opponent can dream of.

Which Spanish players were missing this tournament?

María Segura is the first one that comes to my mind. But maybe she retired from NT.

Wasn't able to see Italy - Spain, but I knew Spain could put up a fight although the score was closer than I'd expected (perhaps the closest so far?). For those who watched: what was working for them, where are Italy's weak spots? Asking for a friend who might meet them for 3rd place if all goes well in 1/8 - QFs :whistle:

Blocking and passing are the main issues so far.

• The biggest problem for Italy was reception through whole match against Spain. And Mazzanti has left at home Cate Bosetti and De Gennaro.:gone::gone::gone:

I don’t remember when is the last time that I hated someone like I hate Mazzanti.

• Angel can certainly give a better overview, on the top of my head I can name Segura, Rivero, Alvarez (setter) and Berbel (MB). In the last years a lot of players didn't accept the invitation to NT every year, it's a chronic issue.

True! i forget about Segura and rivero, both are not that old and could upgrade current team with their international experience. I haven't watched Alvarez and Berbel though

• True! i forget about Segura and rivero, both are not that old and could upgrade current team with their international experience. I haven't watched Alvarez and Berbel though

Alvarez wouldn't be starter because right now Lazaro clearly is #1, but she'd be a better reserve than Priante and Aranda with 44 years won't be around forever. Berbel is a very good MB with strong slide attack but she is unknown because she never played outside of Spain and hardly ever for NT :(

• Congrats to France and Italy! I've seen the first match, in the first set I thought "hey there's the France I've seen in Challenger Cup!" That quickly changed to "ah there's the France I know from group stage" for the rest of the match :lol:

Most wierd phase about France vs Romania was the 4th set. While Romania was leading 15-10, things have changed and suddenly 8 points won by France in Gicquel service turn and from that point onwards, Romania agreed to surrender. Inneh seemed to be very good at Romania side.

About İtaly vs Spain, İtaly was so so. This type of matches cannot be a clear indicator for Italy, cause too many elements are there. Under estimating the opponent, maybe keeping some other strategies for stronger teams, maybe trying some other tactics as Türkiye did with Vargas & Ebrar etc. We shall see the reality in next matches very soon. However Antropova seems to fitted, Sylla is Sylla and Lubian also seems fine.

At Spain side, it seems like Julia De Paula is promising and will have a very bright future. She is only 18 and shook Italy. Other most interesting part was Raquel Lazzaro's mother. I watched all final 64 mathes at NCAA and all the time, she was at the tribune watcing and cheering for her daugther. Same tradition here as well and she became more known and famous than her daughter:dance6::dance6:

• Angel can certainly give a better overview, on the top of my head I can name Segura, Rivero, Alvarez (setter) and Berbel (MB). In the last years a lot of players didn't accept the invitation to NT every year, it's a chronic issue.

Segura, Rivero, Álvarez, Berbel, Castellano, Manzano, Montoro... there're a lot of players missing for several reasons.

I like this new gen, I hope they can play together for some years to grow up. I think some 2005 players will join the senior NT soon (Ramos and López Rey, who are playing in Germany, Osayande, López...)