Eurovolley 2023

• I didn't follow Netherlands in the group stage, but did Reesink replace Knip as starting libero?

• I didn't follow Netherlands in the group stage, but did Reesink replace Knip as starting libero?

Yes, already during VNL.

• did bulgaria already achieved quarter finals in last decade?

I remember them in 2013,people consider favourite i think they won european league by then anf that year they beat brazil 3-0 in grand prix

I think they didn't make the playoffs

In 2017 they were favourites...they were in a tough pool with russia and turkey and made good games against them...then face germany and eliminated

2021 the same 1st of their pool and lost to sweden at home at eight finals....bulgaria always a dissapointment at european champs

• Italian commentators said that Bulgaria's best placement was 3rd in like 2001. Then they always finished max 8th (so eliminated at eight finals). This is already an improvement for them

• I've criticized Marrit Jasper a lot, but she is having a great tournament! I'm happy for her^^

• Italian commentators said that Bulgaria's best placement was 3rd in like 2001. Then they always finished max 8th (so eliminated at eight finals). This is already an improvement for them

I imagine with zetova there

yeah they were always eliminated at eight finals when thry have team to be always at quarter finals at leats and beyond also

They weren't lucky with draw or idk what happen with them in this tournament

• 2019 they were in QF's if Im not mistaken

• Bulgaria will be crushed , it's painful to watch

• I imagine with zetova there

yeah they were always eliminated at eight finals when thry have team to be always at quarter finals at leats and beyond also

They weren't lucky with draw or idk what happen with them in this tournament

They also made the QFs in 2019. They really should have been to that stage more in recent years but a combination of bad luck, choking and simply underperforming usually stopped them. This team in 2023 would be crushed probably by previous BUL teams in the last decade but they deserve credit for getting this far with a team that is a long way from what it was just two years ago.

• At the end of 2nd set Bulgaria realized Dutch libero can't receive and now they target her with succes.

Bulgaria still targeted her but she hit some better passes and NL back to cruising.

Impressed with Lohuis this match and connection with van Aalen. She hit some spikes faster than I ever seen her hit.

Also Daalderop showing her class.

• Netherlands with impressive record so far, truly their opponents wasn't elite but anyway they were so well prepared for any of them, probably it's not enough to beat Serbia and make final, but it's good for them to continue with good results and it is looking like Koslowski brought some freshness and also liking the van Aalen as starter agenda.

• Here in Florence the match has just finished... Nice performance from Netherlands and ridiculous performance from Bulgaria... however, Van Aelen is very strong and, seen live, the two MBs have a remarkable physicality. Nika good as always...

I think, however, it's not enough to beat Serbia...