Eurovolley 2023

• Maja's class will never tarnish...

on her good days she’s still the best in the world. I must concede that her consistency hasn’t been great the last years but like for example the match vs china in VNL there’s no setter who touches her.

• Tica's jump serve making a come back is one reason why Ecsa fans are saying she only shows in when she dons the NT shirt.

i mean, i guess playing in the NT is always different I guess.

she got cleared with the doctor to do it again. She wasn’t even doing it for Serbia before now

• Did they fix the Serbian Ukraine score sheet

• Some quite pathetic amateur-mistakes in reception from Bosnia. I think Croatia will prevail from this game in straight sets, at least it will be a one-sided contest in case Bosnia doesn't cease to hand out free points on a regular basis to their opponent.

• Zehra is such a good float server:obey:

• Sweden need to buy a decent receiving wing spiker as other countries in order to help Haak, otherwise Isabelle, please go and play for France!

Shows your knowledge of volleyball unfortunately...

Any team on earth would have troubles for the serves coming from Vargas, Ebrar etc. Turkey's trademark is good serves. Don't think Swedish wings will have this big troubles in receiving.

What Sweden needs to buy is a setter, libero and two proper middles and a proper coach of course. But in general, considering the level of volleyball, lack of investments, it being an amateur sport even in Elite level in Sweden, "buying a player or two" (ugh what an ugly term and shame that it is allowed to be used here) won't help Sweden either.

• Not a bad effort from Sweden, but once Turkey shook off the rust it went all downhill for them. Again, it's too early to call, but from what I've seen a lot of the Turkish chances to get the job done revolves around how the OH unit (Karakurt above all but to a lesser extent it may be valid to the whole unit) will hold up both on offence and defence. Should they struggle a bit, they would be forced to rely a bit too much on Vargas and that can be a problem. Curious to see if there will be some sort of relay between Şahin and Özbay too.

I didn't see much of Serbia, but from the few bits I saw they didn't look bad at all. Sort of a Monday Night Volleyball coming up against Poland it seems.

• I can’t wait to watch Azerbaijan vs. Czechia and big comeback of behavior queen Rahimova :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: It should be the most interesting game tonight.

• I can’t wait to watch Azerbaijan vs. Czechia and big comeback of behavior queen Rahimova :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: It should be the most interesting game tonight.

Comeback of havelkova too