Eurovolley 2023

• No official statement yet, but you can take it for granted. And beware it's just the beginning. The morale is so low now I only wish the end of this. Just let it be over, it doesn’t matter how it ends, but let it end now.

I just hope that it was her decision with a good statement about how she felt about the way she was being treated in the team.

• Yea tbh i get it, i thought Serbia pulled a fantastic show yesterday but when it comes to picking an actual dream team things got difficult. Bosko easily deserves a spot but Vargas gets it instead... I also think Busa deserves it this time around, but also would give a slight edge to Jasper/Daalderop at the same time.

• I always pick my dream team from medalist teams otherwise I think Pietrini would be one of the best outside hitters definitely

And you guys get the best Clown Award, very well deserved!

• I just hope that it was her decision with a good statement about how she felt about the way she was being treated in the team.

I don't think anything like this will come before the end of the last tournament...

But after that, I expect from her or Moki or Bosetti that someone will say something: maybe even something particularly harsh...

• I don't think anything like this will come before the end of the last tournament...

But after that, I expect from her or Moki or Bosetti that someone will say something: maybe even something particularly harsh...

I hate it when Federation picks trainer's side instead of players😒 First Belgium and now Italy. I'm once again grateful to our federation president having the balls to switching trainer who obviously wasn't matching with the team anymore.

• Before any assumption, I think you all guys should wait for some official statement - if there's ever gonna be any - from FIPAV or Mazzanti about the whole situation (De Gennaro, Chirichella and Bosetti left at home and Egonu being benched the whole tournament).

Things could easily change when you'll know what's behind all this mess. There will be a drastic change of scenario IMHO.

• Before any assumption, I think you all guys should wait for some official statement - if there's ever gonna be any - from FIPAV or Mazzanti about the whole situation (De Gennaro, Chirichella and Bosetti left at home and Egonu being benched the whole tournament).

Things could easily change when you'll know what's behind all this mess. There will be a drastic change of scenario IMHO.

nah. the President of Italy's federation basically said that he is our coach, deal with it. we are not forcing you to join the NT, if you want to join, come on in, if not, we will not beg.... something like that...

egos like that from the higher ups mirror exavtly what happened to the Italian team. they'd rather lose than admit they were wrong. they will not "ask" Egonu.

• nah. the President of Italy's federation basically said that he is our coach, deal with it. we are not forcing you to join the NT, if you want to join, come on in, if not, we will not beg.... something like that...

egos like that from the higher ups mirror exavtly what happened to the Italian team. they'd rather lose than admit they were wrong. they will not "ask" Egonu.

Not talking about the way they acted, but about the reasons why Mazzanti (supported by FIPAV) acted that way.
    There are so many things still laying in the closet.

• Great finale, intense 5 sets, at the end "one ball" decided. Main difference was probably Vargas serve, she manage to make 2,3 breakpoints on every serve and this is huge for this level of volleyball.

About our side(i will talk more in serbian thread) in this match, our serve was not good and as you all said putting Maja in in 4th set was bad idea. Also i dont get it why Aleksic didn't played finals when she is our best blocker(she is literally in her prime). Ball distribution was not "ideal" at the end.

My dream team(watching entire tournament):

S:Maja

O: Boskovic

OH: Busa and Karakurt (Dalderop need to be mention)

MB: Aleksic and Baijens

L: Gizem

MVP: Vargas

• Will President of Turkey give orders or something like that to turkish Players ?

I hope to see photos from that ceremony.

I love such fairy tales when Someone wins Gold Medal for the first time.

Now it is time for Slovenia in Men's.

Also in Women's US Open at the moment is only three Grand Slam Winners I think.

• A team with Egonu, Moki and Bosetti would literally destroy the current Italian team.

and you can add Fahr.

She could play for NT her injury is nothing serious. Now I think She wasn’t injured. She is training normally with Conegliano

• Not talking about the way they acted, but about the reasons why Mazzanti (supported by FIPAV) acted that way.
    There are so many things still laying in the closet.

That would be even worse to be honest. They should've dealt with the problem rather than trying to bypass it, with the result of worsening it. Because I see no reason in calling Bosetti, letting her do the full preparation and at the last moment get rid of her or talking of worker bees when referring to Degradi, Nwakalor, Omoruyi and then barely (Degradi) or not using them at all (Nwakalor), with the chance of ending with the libero jersey when the most fragile position in our team is probably the OH. I mean, even though they may have had their reasons, by acting that way and doing what they did they ended up in the wrong.

• Congrats to all medallists. Semi-finals and final were just great. Italy played good but missed their chance in 4th set and ended outside top 3. Serbia and Turkey are on the same level but both teams are not perfect and can play beautiful volleyball or with a lot of unforced errors. Netherlands is a solid team if they are mentally prepared for hard game. Poland was on lower level but with some luck /other draw/ could go higher.

PS - sorry I really do not like behavior of Karakurt. She is female Zaitsev from Italy.