Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• TV match today 17:00 CET Wiesbaden vs Dresden stream

Should be the most balanced of the QFs. It will be interesting to see which line-up Waibl will choose after all the experiments in the last weeks. For Wiesbaden it will be important if Gajewska will be back, she missed the last match due to an injury but there was no further info about it. Priante simply doesn't have the same connection with the MBs so IMO Gajewska is really needed.

In the other matches I expect the big 3 to win without too much trouble, even though I think at least Suhl and Münster will resist as hard as possible.

Apparently Tore Aleksandersen's health still won't allow him to be on bench today :|

• For Wiesbaden it will be important if Gajewska will be back, she missed the last match due to an injury but there was no further info about it. Priante simply doesn't have the same connection with the MBs so IMO Gajewska is really needed.

Do you know if Gajewska stays there for the next season? I heard that Bielsko wanted her, but apparently they were able to renew the contract with Nowicka. IMO it kind of doesn't make sense for Gajewska to go to Bielsko and be bench player the whole season.

• Do you know if Gajewska stays there for the next season? I heard that Bielsko wanted her, but apparently they were able to renew the contract with Nowicka. IMO it kind of doesn't make sense for Gajewska to go to Bielsko and be bench player the whole season.

There has been no info yet, but I think Wiesbaden would like to keep her. IMO she has done a very good job for them this season!

• VC Wiebaden - Dresdner SC 0:3 (23:25, 21:25, 22:25)

https://distributor.sams-score.de/scoresheet/pdf/5f5ada51-4238-4c50-8851-68e2dcf389db/2509.pdf

MVP: Jodie Guilliams / Agnes Pallag

SSC Palmberg Schwerin - USC Münster 3:0 (25:12, 25:18, 25:18)

https://distributor.sams-score…8b7-73c053e7a7f6/2503.pdf

MVP: Indy Baijens / Iris Scholten

Allianz MTV Stuttgart - Rote Roben Vilsbiburg 3:0 (25:17, 25:15, 25:21)

https://distributor.sams-score…f79-7320d15556c6/2500.pdf

MVP: Krystal Rivers / Suvi Katrina Kokkonen

SC Potsdam - VfB Suhl Lotto Thüringen 0:3 (21:25, 17:25, 19:25)

https://distributor.sams-score.de/scoresheet/pdf/714f3706-9bdd-4c4c-9cc3-66865d9f13c9/2506.pdf

MVP: Laura Emonts / Danielle Harbin

PS: The links were corrected after StefanS pointed out that they were incorrect.

• Kind of catastrophe for Potsdam, especially if they can't turn the tides in the quarters - while Suhl is continuing it's strong run, Potsdam seems to be still out of shape.

• Roosa Koskelo is the worst receiver of all starting liberos in the league with 38.3% :what:

Looks like Vilsbiburg is reading your posts. :lol:

They served to Koskelo quite a lot yesterday. Her receptations were indeed often a little off, the difference to Knip was noticable. Otoh it usually didn't matter, as it was good enough to make the sideout. Koskelo doesn't make a lot of errors or overpasses. She will make the setter move but overall it's good enough I think.

• Wow, the anger in Potsdam is really huge, what I have read on instagram for example... a very difficult situation for the team, which could defeat VakifBank in Istanbul in this very season and defeated Stuttgart clearly in the supercup, when they have to try in Suhl to level now in a week.

• By the way, wrong statistics above (from league round), here is the right one Potsdam vs. Suhl:

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2506.pdf

Important numbers: attack quota 40% Potsdam, 43% Suhl, also block kills 6 to 8, more serve errors by Suhl (1 to 5), but better reception by Suhl and overall many more errors by Potsdam (23 to 13). The point difference overall with 18 more for Suhl is also embarassing for favorite Potsdam.

• That's exactly what I heard about Potsdam. The atmosphere in the team seems to be really bad. Especially between Hernandez and the management. They also have problems to motivate the players that will leave after the season. And that is about 80 percent of the whole team.

• By the way, wrong statistics above (from league round), here is the right one Potsdam vs. Suhl:

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2506.pdf

Important numbers: attack quota 40% Potsdam, 43% Suhl, also block kills 6 to 8, more serve errors by Suhl (1 to 5), but better reception by Suhl and overall many more errors by Potsdam (23 to 13). The point difference overall with 18 more for Suhl is also embarassing for favorite Potsdam.

Thanks for the hint. I probably only changed the link text, but not the linked URL, so that all games linked to the wrong statistics page before I edited them currently.

• That's exactly what I heard about Potsdam. The atmosphere in the team seems to be really bad. Especially between Hernandez and the management. They also have problems to motivate the players that will leave after the season. And that is about 80 percent of the whole team.

Ever since the Cup final it seemed like something broke in Potsdam, until then they played a really good season. I recently read in an article that during Cup final after 3rd set Van Aalen and Savic were shouting so badly at each other that Hernandez had to intervene, so I guess everything that was wrong under the surface broke out during and after that match. Nemeth has been a shadow of herself ever since, Savelkoel and Jasper who were starters for most of the time suddenly both are on bench and Leweling who was just a serving substitute now is a starter for the most important stage of the season. All of that looks like many things are going very wrong and probably it's the only choice to make a fresh start for next season.

Suhl reaching the semifinal would also kick Wiesbaden out of the European Cups btw :white:

• Ever since the Cup final it seemed like something broke in Potsdam, until then they played a really good season. I recently read in an article that during Cup final after 3rd set Van Aalen and Savic were shouting so badly at each other that Hernandez had to intervene, so I guess everything that was wrong under the surface broke out during and after that match. Nemeth has been a shadow of herself ever since, Savelkoel and Jasper who were starters for most of the time suddenly both are on bench and Leweling who was just a serving substitute now is a starter for the most important stage of the season. All of that looks like many things are going very wrong and probably it's the only choice to make a fresh start for next season.

Suhl reaching the semifinal would also kick Wiesbaden out of the European Cups btw :white:

Can you put the link of that article?