Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• and for people using this for clout too. People coming out condemning CEV for letting the match between Vakif and Fener happen tonight. These self righteous people who think it is so easy to just postpone a big match like this in such short notice. Life has to go on after all. Tickets are sold, the arena rented... sponsors signed.. people cancelled things to watch.. people's jobs related to the match. Lots of things.

was thinking this as well. It’s a horrible tragedy and it’s unfortunate that there was a big match today but I don’t think it should result in a cancellation especially considering the player involved isn’t really related to either team playing today though I’m sure it is still difficult on the players. Please don’t cancel me for this lol. It would just seem to be a logistical nightmare to cancel the match on such short notice and finding a time to reschedule would be very hard.

• I just want to cry;(

Such a young girl

• We've discussed what to do with the sharing of this video, and we decided while it's not against the rules, it's at least in questionable taste to post it. So we decided to put it behind spoilers and with a warning for now. Don't make our jobs more difficult; if you want to share such sensitive material in the future, put it under spoilers yourself, or we will have to do it for you.

• Seems like the quarterfinal match between Novara and Chieri on Sunday will be postponed. No official info yet from Legavolley but they should publish something today.

• Seems like the quarterfinal match between Novara and Chieri on Sunday will be postponed. No official info yet from Legavolley but they should publish something today.

True: The only match that will perhaps be postponed, is Chieri-Novara...

The Italian Volley League does not seem willing to postpone the first round of the post season scheduled for this weekend, despite the fact that, as there are no Italian teams involved in the CL final, it is technically possible...

Some team's supporters groups seem to be agreeing not to do any choreography or organized cheering during the first post season round as a sign of respect...

• True: The only match that will perhaps be postponed, is Chieri-Novara...

The Italian Volley League does not seem willing to postpone the first round of the post season scheduled for this weekend, despite the fact that, as there are no Italian teams involved in the CL final, it is technically possible...

Some team's supporters groups seem to be agreeing not to do any choreography or organized cheering during the first post season round as a sign of respect...

Actually seems that one of the options they are evaluating is postponing the whole league of 1 week but again, no official info yet.

The other option seems to have game 1 of Novara- Chieri on Wednesday. We'll see, indeed there is this idea of not singing during the matches as a respect sign.

• Race 1 of the Playoff Scudetto between Chieri and Novara has been officially postponed to Wednesday 19 April with times yet to be defined.

However, always by decision of the Italian Volleyball League, no music will be broadcast during the matches in this round of the Serie A1 and A2 Championships...

https://www.legavolleyfemminile.it/ciao-julia/

Some (hopefully all) organized fans of the clubs that will play regularly on Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 April are organizing themselves to assist, as a sign of respect for the tragic event, without choreography, drums, trumpets or choirs during the matches...

• It's going to be a very sad playoff🥺😔

• My God that match between Chieri and Novara. My heart is already broken ;(

Faces of Novara players ;(;(

• After two days the first official press release from Novara on the tragedy arrived. I put the translation of the first part, which precedes the statements of the President, the main sponsor and the team:

In order to preserve and protect its staff and its athletes, already deeply affected by the pain for the loss of a teammate and friend, Igor Volley wishes to clarify the following, in relation to the news disclosed in the last few hours by the Turkish and Italian press :

– No farewell messages were sent from Julia, in any form, to teammates, coaching staff or management.

– The rumors according to which third parties, worried about Julia's condition, contacted some teammates before the tragedy to stay close to her are also to be considered absolutely false.

We ask once again to respect the pain of the team, technical and corporate staff, remembering that right now all the people close to Julia are also destroyed. We also ask you to protect all the people mentioned above, preventing inferences of any kind from being made in the comments on the websites of your newspapers and on the connected social accounts.

https://www.agilvolley.it/news/comunicato-ufficiale/

• I will never understand why did Imoco signed Alexa Gray, the best OH in attack in Seria A last year. To spend whole season at bench and not giving any chance to her when ever Plummer is playing bad like today :what::what:. Not only today….

Plus She is not cheap, they took her from Novara.

Haak with monster performance and 64% in attack :super:

I will never understand why did Imoco signed Alexa Gray, the best OH in attack in Seria A last year. To spend whole season at bench and not giving any chance to her when ever Plummer is playing bad like today :what::what:. Not only today….

Plus She is not cheap, they took her from Novara.

Haak with monster performance and 64% in attack :super:

Gray was injured and her performances decreased. He started her in the first matches wich is something that means that he planned to have her as a starter but her attack was not what we expected. Her reception...

So he tried with Plummer again and she was better.

But you have some point. He insists a lot with Plummer even when she sucks. And Gray deserve more time in court.