Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• LUBIAN FOR THE MATCH AND FROM WHAT SITUATION :super::super:

19points from her :sos:

But MVP Wolosz, superb game from her. To bad both OHs suck…

• Lubian can play as an Opp! What a way to win the match point:super:

Lubian as OPP and Haak as OH :lol::gone::aww:

• Robinson 3/27 and Plummer 9/27

My God :down::down::down::down:

And Conegliano only signed Lanier for the next season…..

• Thank you God for Italian MB duo because American OH duo floped so hard….

Fahr 9/8

Lubian 24/16

• both mb were amazing for imoco

On the other hand both oh were awful and haak every time more "normal"

• bUt wHaT aBoUt tHe YoUnG pLaYeRs

*links a plummer shank*

They’re all cancelled lol

Seriously Larson’s come back isn’t going to take away any young players’ spot but only Kelsey’s starting position. Kelsey just can’t prove herself she can contribute enough in offense no matter in NT being the captain last year, or in Italy this season (4/31 is really an embarrassing record…)

bUt wHaT aBoUt tHe YoUnG pLaYeRs

*links a plummer shank*

Even this time wich is supposed that Larson was good , was worst than Plummer who supposed that she is in a bad day:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Alsoin in this good day of her , her overall game was medriocre at the best.

As for Robinson even a blind man could she that THIS WOMAN CAN NOT PLAY FAST. Her connection with Wolosz just there no exists. Also for the next season Imoco will have the same problem with Lanier. She also can not play fast. This is by far the biggest disadvantage of Wolosz. She never adapts her game to help her teammates. She need to change this.

Even this time wich is supposed that Larson was good , was worst than Plummer who supposed that she is in a bad day:lol::lol::lol::lol:. Alsoin in this good day of her , her overall game was medriocre at the best.

As for Robinson even a blind man could she that THIS WOMAN CAN NOT PLAY FAST. Her connection with Wolosz just there no exists. Also for the next season Imoco will have the same problem with Lanier. She also can not play fast. This is by far the biggest disadvantage of Wolosz. She never adapts her game to help her teammates. She need to change this.

Larson doesn’t need to contribute offensively for her role to be justified. Her defense alone is worth it.

Plummer can’t play defense, isn’t a great blocker for being 6’6, and we won’t talk about her passing

• Larson doesn’t need to contribute offensively for her role to be justified. Her defense alone is worth it.

Plummer can’t play defense, isn’t a great blocker for being 6’6, and we won’t talk about her passing

Her defense alone is worth it when you want to win Germany and Argentina.

When you want to face up solid teams with elite opposites who can destroy you alone with just a little help , Larson's poor attacking performances is a BIG, BIG problem.

Serbia easily destroy USA even when Robinson made a good attacking match. Think what will happen if Larson will play in her place.

With other words USA needs the good Robinson and strong attack if they want to win the big teams and to be a solid team. Not a second libero.

Btw Thompson plays fantastic this last period. If she continues like this she will probably become an elite OPP

• FINAL SCUDETTO (Match-1)

CONEGLIANO - MILANO 3-2 (23-25, 25-23, 23-25, 25-19, 15-11)

Haak 32, Lubian 19, Plummer 15 / Thompson 36, Folie 12, Larson 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746012/statistiche/

MVP: Lubian

FINAL PLAYOFF CHALLENGE CUP

CASALMAGGIORE - Firenze 3-1

Nikolova 20, Frantti 19, Perinelli 18 / S.Nwakalor 24, Herbots 19, Alhassan 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746021/statistiche/

MVP: Perinelli

• Well, for sure nobody got bored last night, but I would say the match was more entertaining than good.

Disappointing display by Conegliano, I found very few positives and Lubian is for sure one of them. Well deserved MVP award for her, 19 points out 24 attacks, 67% attack percentage and even 2 aces. If she only can improve her blocking… The same can't be said for the OH: I do love me some Kelsey but she struggled a lot offensively this year and last night was no exception. Plummer had a couple of clutch hits, but overall she was Milano's favourite player when it came to find a serve target, just like Sylla was for the home team. Gray and Gennari could have played some rotations to be honest. Wołosz-Haak connection wasn't good too, the Swedish had to adjust lots of time to hit efficiently and when you have to attack for 65 times it's not ideal. Last but not least, I found really weird what Santarelli did at the end of second set, it seemed like he didn't notice he would have run out of subs when he put Carraro in for the serve. That thing almost gave a chance to Milano to go 0-2 and the match a whole different vibe.

If Conegliano was sloppy at best, Milano was… Milano. From nearly winning it 0-3, to dragging themselves into another tie-break. This time there's no happy ending though. Another impressive performance by Thompson, her stats are simply crazy and Milano's chances to pull off the upset revolves a lot around her ability to maintain this level of play. Still, I have the feeling that Larson is the real heart and soul of the team: when she's at 100% she really puts Milano on her back, especially doing loads of things that doesn't necessary go into the game chart, the moment she slightly drops the whole team goes sideways. Sylla is not doing well and they need her to be more efficient, because I don't think Begić has a whole match in the legs and Davyskiba can be even worse when it comes to passing. I liked Rettke more than Stevanović too, if I was Gaspari I would start her on Tuesday.

• I'm so bored about this narrative where Plummer is worst player on Earth.

Among the regular outside hitters she's the 3rd best spiker and the 5th best blocker. Also 2nd best receiver among the targeted OHs (500+ receptions) alter Lanier.

Just to realize how much pressure she has to handle with in each game because she is in a reception line with 2 monster players:

Plummer -> 547 receptions / 31,6%

Robinson -> 400 receptions / 46% (best receiver among the outside hitters)

De Gennaro -> 353 receptions / 53,5% (best receiver among the liberos)

And she still manages to spike with a very good 45,2%

Alexa Gray - often invoked as the savior of the Motherland - has nice numbers too, but with half of the attempts.

Attack: Gray 45,6% - 316 attempts / Plummer 45,2% - 589 attempts

Reception: Gray 25,2% - 210 attemps / Plummer 31,6% - 547 attempts

I'm not saying she's better than this or that player, I'm just saying she does a lot for her team and she's not awful, as someone says.

I agree. Expecially when she has 2 very tall hitters like Haak and Plummer, that can go over the block at times, there's no need to play crazy fast. Robinson doesn't really fit this fast system neither.