Korean Women's NT 2022

• They definitely are a big missing piece to this puzzle for sure. I just don't know how likely it is to bring them back.

What Korea needs is retraining, restrategizing, and rebuilding confidence.

KYK literally left a 99% gap that is hard to fill right now.

I saw on Lee Da-young's IG story that she was watching the VNL games. I'm sure they want to come back.

• I saw on Lee Da-young's IG story that she was watching the VNL games. I'm sure they want to come back.

Unfortunately the choice to return won't be up to them :white:

The Korean vball fans are pretty unforgiving, and a large part are kyk fans so they dislike them even more. Since the beginning the Korea Fed punished them due to negative public opinion, so the likelihood of that changing is...

But if a male player who took secret camera of his ex-girlfriend is only suspended for 1 year, it's quite ridiculous if even 2 years of suspension (missing out on Olympics) isn't long enough🤷🏻‍♀️

Also, saw people saying she could've watched that for Jennifer Cross on the Canadian team too, since they'd be teammates in the same club next season:lol:

• Also, saw people saying she could've watched that for Jennifer Cross on the Canadian team too, since they'd be teammates in the same club next season :lol:

I think she watched it for entertainment instead of "work" reasons, because pros use the baseline footage if i'm not mistaken.

• Lavarini is in Korea with his Polish team for practice and training.

Article on him: https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20220609142402453 / http://thespike.co.kr/news/new…hp?ncode=1065582565088167

p1065585324194067_824_thum.jpeg

p1065582565088167_220_thum.jpg

p1065582565088167_789_thum.JPG

p1065582565088167_861_thum.JPG

p1065582565088167_964_thum.JPG

Photo Credit: The Spike

Just a few points to call out..

Title - "나의 친구 세자르 감독, 한국 배구 잘 이끌었으면 좋겠습니다" "My friend Coach Cesar, Hope he leads Korean volleyball well"

"세자르가 잘 되길 바라요. 지금도 서로 잘 지내고 있는데, 세자르 감독이 한국 배구를 잘 이끌어 나가길 바랍니다."

말을 이어간 라바리니 감독은 "개인적인 의견을 낸다면 지금 한국은 새로운 김연경을 기다려야 할 때가 아니다. 한 명의 슈퍼스타가 그 나라에서 태어난다는 건 그야말로 기적 같은 일이다. 운에 기대면 안 된다"라고 덧붙였다.

그는 "새로 들어온 선수들이 많다. 아직 1주차 밖에 치르지 않았기에 뭐라 이야기하기는 힘들다"라며 "경기 전에 세자르 감독에게 선수들의 가능성에 대해 들었다. 한국의 모든 선수들이 가능성이 있다고 본다. 아, 그리고 같이 했던 선수들을 만나 기뻤다"라고 웃었다.

"I hope Cesar does well. Even now, we're both doing well. Hope Coach Cesar leads Korean volleyball well.

Giving my personal opinion, Korea should not wait for the next Kim Yeon Koung. It is a miracle that a superstar is born in a country. Cannot trust luck.

There are new players who joined the team. It's still only the first week so it's hard to say anything. Before the match, I heard from Coach Cesar about the players' potential. I think all Korean players have potential. Oh, I was happy to see players who I worked with before."

• Don't think I saw it in the news, but in case I missed it

Any idea if Korean NT will be changing their roster for the next phase of VNL like some other countries seem to be doing?

It'll make a lot more sense considering the odd choice of line-up leaving out key players

• It's funny how there's not a single article on the national team's return.. LOL

They better be quiet and practicing!! :P

I didn't hear anything about the Korean WNT returning to Korea. I'm not sure where they are exactly at the moment but I doubt they had returned to Korea.

The Korean WNT will be playing in Brazil for the second week so I think it would waste too much time travelling back to Korea and then flying back to the USA and onward to Brazil. Actually, I don't think they will return to Korea until week three of the VNL in Bulgaria is finished. After Brazil, the Korean WNT will head to Poland before playing in Bulgaria.

• I'm not sure how I feel about this coach.. he talks a lot about "process" whatever that means.. he shows all these graphics as if data drives all his decisions but I wonder if he has good experience to really elevate the team as a whole like Lavarini did..

• as if data drives all his decisions

He's a very talented statistician so that's not surprising.

Coach Lavarini once praised how smart Cesar was (can't recall the source) saying how he'd be very successful doing Math/Statistics if he hadn't been so passionate for sports and using his mind for sports statistics instead

Anyway he definitely played a part in Vakifbank's success as well as on Korean NT working with Lavarini, so its still too early to rule him out. He's working without anyone who can score on the team after all, not a single player scored over 15pts in a single match.

• Noran injured her Achilles Tendon in training and will be receiving surgery in Brazil

There's still Dahye for libero, but wonder if they'll call up another libero

Myungok possibly? There's no news of her being injured after last season that I know of so not sure why she wasn't called up

• These past 9 months have been a rollercoaster ride for NOH Ran. 2021-2022 was her first season as the starting libero for her team and was playing very well that she was elected for the V-League All-Star game. Midway into the season she suffered an injury to her medial ligament on her right knee during a match and had to skip what would have been her debut All-Star game appearance. She then gets her first call up to senior NT and now with this latest injury one Korean media outlet, thesportstimes.co.kr has estimated that NOH Ran could be out for anywhere from 6 to 12 months (1). :aww:

There's still Dahye for libero, but wonder if they'll call up another libero

Myungok possibly? There's no news of her being injured after last season that I know of so not sure why she wasn't called up

I think they can only call up another player from the already named 25-player VNL roster. And the only other libero in that roster is GS Caltex HAN Su-Jin. From Han Su-Jin's Instagram stories it looks like she is still training with her team.

It might have been too late for the NT to send for a replacement from Korea so one of the OHs might be nominated as the second libero. I think it would be either HWANG Min-Kyoung or GO Ye-Rim if this does happen.

• Korean 2nd Week VNL Roster

S: No. 3 YEUM Hye-Seon, No. 17 PARK Hae-Jin

OP: No. 19 KIM Hee-Jin

OH: No. 6 LEE Seon-Woo, No. 7 KANG So-Hwi, No. 10 GO Ye-Rim, No. 11 PARK Hye-Min, No. 13 PARK Jeong-Ah (C), No. 15 HWANG Min-Kyoung, No. 16 LEE Han-Bi

MB: No. 8 JUNG Ho-Young, No. 9 LEE Ju-Ah, No. 12 LEE Da-Hyeon

Li: No. 4 HAN Da-Hye