Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Toray gets the 1st spot clinched for the Final Four.

Saitama clinches their spot, but a win will give them second.

Springs are a win and they are in or NEC/JT Loss they are in.

JT need to win or they need 2 NEC losses. If JT loses, and NEC wins one match, NEC make the playoffs.

PFU are safe with both Kurobe and Okayama losing.

Kurobe either wins or Okayama loses, it will stay in V1.

If Kurobe loses, Okayama must win to stay in V1.

• Springs has 1 more match with Kurobe which they will undoubtedly win. But if NEC or JT win their games next weekend, Springs won't make the finals?

• Springs has 1 more match with Kurobe which they will undoubtedly win. But if NEC or JT win their games next weekend, Springs won't make the finals?

If Springs get no points in a loss, JT with a 3-0 or 3-1 win, will pass them on points (67-66). NEC is already ahead of Springs on points, so with a loss, combined with 2 wins by NEC, NEC 71-Springs 67. All 3 teams being tied on wins.

Tiebreaker on sets ratio may come into play with Springs vs. JT. If tied on points at 67, Springs at 81 sets won-49 sets lost (1.653), JT if 3-0 win, 83-47 (1.766), if JT 3-1 win (1.729). JT would take the tiebreaker.

If tied on 66 points, sets ratio tiebreaker would be Springs lose 3-1 (80-49, 1.633), Springs lose 3-0 (79-49, 1.612) and JT win 3-2 (83-49, 1.694), JT would take the tiebreaker.

• Position Movement After Today's Matches

I have held the Toray, PFU and Victorina positions through the end of the season as they will not change.

I will not be doing the update next Saturday morning as I'll be getting ready to go to Japan. First weekend of Final Four is in Takasaki, an hour north of Tokyo by Bullet Train, but probably will not go as I'm on vacation in Tokyo.

• Enjoy your vacation there!

I hope you run into Samantha Bricio lol she's also somewhere in Tokyo.

• No idea if Samantha is just coincidentally in Tokyo for a little vacay like that one time Stevanovic was in Japan for like a week and I thought for sure some deal was about to be made. Can't be getting excited for no reason.

Samantha follows Kotoe Inoue but no clubs.

• Thank you for the updates...and do have a nice holiday in Tokyo :)

• Does anyone know if tickets for VNL Nagoya are already available?! and if it is can you guys drop a link pls

Applications have already started right around the end of Feb.

Based on my experience ePlus is a lot faster than Ticket Pia especially if you're in any major city.

https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/256…0P0030021P0030022P0030023

Also if it's your first time watching, you should know that Japan follows a lottery system that's different from the usual ticket setting. You won't be able to choose your seat(s) no exceptions to this (pregnant, disabled, elderly, have 16 little kids etc.)

I honestly would not recommend it to tourists especially if you don't know anyone in Japan.

• 2023.03.19 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Toyota 3–0 Himeji

25-15

25-21

25-17

75–53

NEC 3–1 Kurobe

25-22

24-26

25-23

25-23

99–94

Denso 3–0 Hitachi

25-23

25-21

25-20

75–64

Okayama 2–3 Toray

12-25

25-20

16-25

25-14

11-15

89–99

PFU 0–3 Saitama

23-25

16-25

19-25

58–75

SAGA 3–0 JT

29-27

25-21

25-16

79–64

I fell asleep after the Kurobe loss ||

• if tickets are available after lottery, my expectations are that they will be. Can the order at some convenience stores after arriving. I did that for 18 World Champs

Family Mart will have tickets after open to the general public April 3rd.

Can say that trying to order tickets from overseas without Japanese address can be quirky.

• Interesting bit (for me) in a vbm'er from Kurobe's Ami Takahashi and Pimpichaya. Takahashi is asked about the difference from V2 to V1

Takahashi:

Physically, I don't feel much of a difference from the V2

I feel more strongly that when I compete for long periods of time data is taken and opponents are taking countermeasures

That is a big difference

Pimpichaya:

... as Takahashi said, the countermeasures are very thorough

What worked the first time won't work the second time. I can feel the quickness of the opponent's countermeasures.
    Every time I play a game, my opponent has taken measures like this, so I have to change my approach.
    If you do the same thing every time, you will lose.

----

One of the things I love about V2 is it's Gut-Ball. More akin to School-Ball than V1. Players don't think too much. They just go all out. 9-Ball is like that too

• I had no idea it was like that:pinch: we were able to watch VNL in Hong Kong last 2019 without any issues

We don't know anyone in Japan...

• I had no idea it was like that:pinch: we were able to watch VNL in Hong Kong last 2019 without any issues

We don't know anyone in Japan...

Inigo, if you need any help getting tickets, I'll be in Japan after April 3rd and can mail them to you.

I will tell you that the Nippon Gaishi Hall is fairly easy to get to, but I would stay by Nagoya station. Went to the 2018 Women's World Championships and stayed in Nagoya and went to the games there.

The games in which Japan is playing have the following prices. (May 30, June 2-4 games)

Super seat (courtside) 18,000 yen get VNL goods included.

Arena (green) 12,000 yen

Arena (blue) 10,000 yen

Arena (yellow) 9,000 yen

Stand S (light blue) 8,000 yen

Stand A (pink) 6,000 yen

Stand B (purple) 4,000 yen

Stand C (brown) 2,000 yen