European Youth Olympics Festival 2022

• It is first time for me to watching Maša Kirov (SRB - MB) and she looks really promising, Serbia will have really deep pool on MB position for next two Olympic cycles.

• It is first time for me to watching Maša Kirov (SRB - MB) and she looks really promising, Serbia will have really deep pool on MB position for next two Olympic cycles.

Statistics from this match :)

Masa 11 pkt~ 100% in attack (7/7) and 4 blocks

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=61973

• she had 5 block, and 100% attack

She doing her best to replace Hena. This generation now have 3 strong blockers. If am not wrong, she was not part of the wide roster when they played u17, but she improved a lot playing starter in serbian 1st league(second division).

• that's the same team that were silver in wch u18

Ituma played OH and Viscioni played opposite who contributed in recetion, it worked well and the team won silver. But now Ituma plays opposite and she really sucks at it. She is a terrible opposite spiker who can't control the ball well. FYI, during 2019 CEV U17, Ituma played opposite too and the whole team failed big time. I don't think italy is gonna win any medal with Ituma playing opposite.

I follow all her games these year and she is never good at position 2 and 1. If you put her in position 4, she can maximize her spiking capability.

• Yes, but you can see every single Serbian generation evolving with age.

Same in u21, italian team was stronger one year ago, but now serbia is far more dominant. Italy used hosting and refs to beat them.

no offense but how could you say they are "far more dominant" when they lose to italy twice in tie break during the same tournament. Italy didn't even bring their U19 MVP setter Gaia Guiducci to the game and used a terrible newbie setter. The absence of Gaia Guiducci makes this squad lose its chemistry, MB couldn't even attack properly in the whole tournament. Yet they still managed to win against strong teams like Turky and Serbia with a terrible newbie setter. Serbia could have beat italy in 3-0 twice if they are far more dominant than italy.

I always enjoy watching these two teams play, and one can praise one team's improvement without taking other down.

These girls trained and played hard to compensate the absence of Gaia Guiducci to win the title, not simply "used hosting and refs".

• Italia didn't bring setter, Serbia didn't bring starting OH Uzelac.

Not used refs? You watched a games??? In first match Serbia was leading 2-0 pretty ease, than refs started giving yellow cards and make girls nervous and give wings to supporters. After that, in next 3 sets, more than 10 points was just given to Italian side. In final almost similar situation, yellow cards and again few clear Serbian points was just given to Italy. It was clear purpose to destroy focus of opposite team. If this tournament was played in turkey or Poland, Serbia would won both matches with 3-0.

It hope next season will be WC with same generation.

• also in italian side there was missing nervini and gardini

On the other hand ituma should be oh,as opp she don't have big future

• Yeah, i watched the whole tournament and had different opinion on the so-called "using the ref" smearing. During a game without challenge system, you just have to respect judgements of the first referee. They are there for a reason and it's a CEV level competition after all.

Unfortunately, there is no "if" in sport and Italy still won the CEV U21 championship this year. Please stop targeting Italian U team and focusing on the improvement of Serbian girls. The italian U21 won because they are good at it and U19 lost because they sucked and most of them are mediocre player, not as good as the generation of U21.

• also in italian side there was missing nervini and gardini

On the other hand ituma should be oh,as opp she don't have big future

I do think Novare made a huge mistake recruiting Ituma as a backup opp for Karakurt. That girl is not opp material and this EYOF and the coming-up CEV U19 will prove that. Poor Karakurt will have to play whole time on court because ituma is of no use as a backup opp.

• I do think Novare made a huge mistake recruiting Ituma as a backup opp for Karakurt. That girl is not opp material and this EYOF and the coming-up CEV U19 will prove that. Poor Karakurt will have to play whole time on court because ituma is of no use as a backup opp.

I do agree going to Novara wasn't the best choice, but for her career it would be better to play as opposite, her reception/defense skills are straight up awful and she could much easier improve her attack from the right than those. For the NT in this age group they can (and should) play with viscioni as OPP and her as OH, but in clubs it's going to be much harder for her to find a team have that sort of formation

• I do agree going to Novara wasn't the best choice, but for her career it would be better to play as opposite, her reception/defense skills are straight up awful and she could much easier improve her attack from the right than those. For the NT in this age group they can (and should) play with viscioni as OPP and her as OH, but in clubs it's going to be much harder for her to find a team have that sort of formationi

TBH, i followed the underage group from generation 2000 to 2006, i never saw any italian opposite's spiking skill as awful as her. I don't think Lavarini will put a lot of effort to transform her attack since she just a backup player. Even Marco Mencarelli couldn't do anything to improve her as opp, so he used her as OH to win silver in U18. She also played OH in the club italia in the past season in A2 and lead the team to win over some powerful teams because she has so much power in zone 4. Let's wait and see she grows but i am really pessimistic about her career as opp. (Mencarelli will coach and lead the U19 team after this tournament, curious to see how he would change ituma's position or not)

• Who was saying Bulgaria is great at this generation and better than turkey?😂

Sorry guy but this at the Olympic festival is not bulgarian U17 team which i said that is better than Turkey U17. This was some girls U19 that wasn't something special and even i can say weak. Exactly because of this reason U17 girls play for U19 qualification and even some of them for U21 qualifications against olders girls. No Dudova, no Guncheva, no Milicevic, no Kolarova here and etc.. This generation is completly new like a national team. These girls play for the first time together. Even their coach is new and no one expected something from them instead of a boys team which is much better.

PS And i have never said in my life that i hate Turkey. Sorry mate, if some of you have negative thoughts about Bulgaria but no one from bulgarian volleyball lovers doesn't hate Turkey.

• TBH, i followed the underage group from generation 2000 to 2006, i never saw any italian opposite's spiking skill as awful as her. I don't think Lavarini will put a lot of effort to transform her attack since she just a backup player. Even Marco Mencarelli couldn't do anything to improve her as opp, so he used her as OH to win silver in U18. She also played OH in the club italia in the past season in A2 and lead the team to win over some powerful teams because she has so much power in zone 4. Let's wait and see she grows but i am really pessimistic about her career as opp. (Mencarelli will coach and lead the U19 team after this tournament, curious to see how he would change ituma's position or not)

She played as OH receiving in less than half the rotations (always 10/15 attempts at best) and it was always 5/6/7 direct mistakes or so. Again I do agree she's better attacking from the left right now, but I don't see those reception numbers improving enough in the near future to be a full time reviving OH and the teams that would change the formation to hire an OH like that are very limited. Again not talking specifically about the under tournaments cause the option to have her play as non receiving OH is available and already proved to be effective, but for the sake of her career she better improve her efficiency from the right quick

• She played as OH receiving in less than half the rotations (always 10/15 attempts at best) and it was always 5/6/7 direct mistakes or so. Again I do agree she's better attacking from the left right now, but I don't see those reception numbers improving enough in the near future to be a full time reviving OH and the teams that would change the formation to hire an OH like that are very limited. Again not talking specifically about the under tournaments cause the option to have her play as non receiving OH is available and already proved to be effective, but for the sake of her career she better improve her efficiency from the right quick

I guess she just has to become an exceptional spiker. Though rare, those non-receiving OHs do exist, say Kosheleva, Branka, etc., and she has what it takes to be one of the best spikers (in position 4 at least).