Italy - Superlega 2022/23

• Is Melgarejo playing as MB? Him, Patry, Ishikawa, and Milad are on court right now.

Edit: There is a rotation where Melgarejo is the MB while there is another one with Milad is the MB when Vitelli is off court. Where's Loser by the way?

• Is Melgarejo playing as MB? Him, Patry, Ishikawa, and Milad are on court right now.

Edit: There is a rotation where Melgarejo is the MB while there is another one with Milad is the MB when Vitelli is off court. Where's Loser by the way?

milad is doing all the MB rotation, while Loser and Piano have back problems… already done the last game with Piacenza (with success, surprisingly) and they will continue until one of the starting MBs returns…

What a game by the guys, 1-2 at Trento without MBs is a big achievement!

• Maybe Trento will be the first italian team to lose an european game this year. They’re not in a good shape and ZAKSA isn’t weak surely.

• milad is doing all the MB rotation, while Loser and Piano have back problems… already done the last game with Piacenza (with success, surprisingly) and they will continue until one of the starting MBs returns…

What a game by the guys, 1-2 at Trento without MBs is a big achievement!

I was confused in the first set when I saw this. Great game by Milano though, like you said, even without 2 MBs.

• Still thrilled about the game, surely the most convincing win of the season against a top 3 team in the world…

Ishikawa seems more healthy after his ankle injury (finally, but he’s still playing with an ankle brace) and Milad is adapting fast to the Superlega. He was so happy during this (and even the last) game, really a good news after i saw him angry after the Melgarejo sub in the Padova game three weeks ago. He’s a world class player.

• Lube and Piacenza put on a show… what a game! 12-11 2-2, what a level.

• I saw on the score Piacenza had 12x8...lol who flopped? Lucarelli?

• interesting game between Siena and Padova, the two bottom teams pf the SuperLega but with a lot of quality and experienced players, mixed with some great prospects like Takahashi and Desmet.

• What a win for Padova, now Siena is really in a bad position, not only for its standing…

• interesting game between Siena and Padova, the two bottom teams pf the SuperLega but with a lot of quality and experienced players, mixed with some great prospects like Takahashi and Desmet.

Siena expectedly is terrible: Petric is waaaay past his prime days, Van Garderen is a mediocre player, Pinali in Ravenna was 40%-in-attack-opposite and has remained one and Mazzone-Ricci duo is fine for Italian standards, but it's not like they'll make any significant difference. The other thing is they were completely out of shape considering even Mazzone and Ricci were terrible, only Bonami is fine, I wish he had stayed in Verona, but in my eyes they were the biggest favorites to get relegated and so far it has materialized.

It was extremely dumb to buy a spot in A1, build the weakest roster in a league and (probably) get relegated - Vibo Valentia could have stayed in A1 by buying Reggio Emilia's license, but they decided to compete in A2 and to win this spot in a fair battle. And one thing was to win A1 spot in sport-based competition, but the other thing was it was late May/early June, it was very hard at that point to construct a roster that would have made any noise on Superlega level. Siena went for a shortcut, but they mixed a road and will be back next year in the same spot they were before with some money wasted.

• Siena upsets Monza 3-1 but they're still at the bottom of the standings. I only tuned in to the end of 4th set and Maar/Grozer weren't on court. How has Szwarc done in the OPP position in the previous seasons? iirc he's an MB when playing for Canada.

• I was so hopeful at the start of the season but yes... We suck.

• Siena upsets Monza 3-1 but they're still at the bottom of the standings. I only tuned in to the end of 4th set and Maar/Grozer weren't on court. How has Szwarc done in the OPP position in the previous seasons? iirc he's an MB when playing for Canada.

Swarcz did really good as an opposite yesterday, totally outplayed Patry (surely thanks to the setting and reception game, but whatever). I don't know when Grozer is gonna return, so he might see more playing time.

• good show between Trento and Modena in this quarter final.