USA Women's NT 2023

• The thing with Carlini is that after her stint in Novara where they won CL, nothing has been really going on with her. Her clubs were never top contenders in Cups.

Ι think her career took a strange way. She left for Russia after Italy abviously for money and after that she went to THY who suppose that they wanted to challenge the top 3 but I do not know that happend but this team never became. After this came the shocking cut in Tokey when the 2019 was the starter.

After there was the rumor that Kirally wanted the players of NT in Italy and she went in a middle team in Italy. After all these she went to Aydin because as she said she want to be relaxed and being without stress for the Olympics and now she is leaving Europe;(;(;(.

Yes strange way for a player who could spend the whole career in top teams.

• She said her goal is to play in the Olympics and that is her dream and she doesn’t see her playing after achieving that in an interview a few years ago.

Yes. I heard that podcast too. She’s still playing just because Karch cut her out of popularity contest inside the team. This is likely her last club season in Europe. Not sure how long she will be playing LOVB, it was not on the horizont at the time she said so.

• Welp. It disappeared. There are comments about the site has a bug or something like that. I was so impatient waiting for the answer on Twitter that I ran here. 😂

I doubt it’s true

• When was the last time USA had a really dominant attacking OH, Flo "Flying Clutchman" Hyman in the 1980s? I cannot remember anyone else, or perhaps Keba Phipps in the 1990s. The contemporary wingers such as Robinson, Larson and Plummer etc are great, but I dont think they are on Hyman and Phipps level in terms of attack.

• When was the last time USA had a really dominant attacking OH, Flo "Flying Clutchman" Hyman in the 1980s? I cannot remember anyone else, or perhaps Keba Phipps in the 1990s. The contemporary wingers such as Robinson, Larson and Plummer etc are great, but I dont think they are on Hyman and Phipps level in terms of attack.

Well the only one can remember as a project is kim glass or megan easy that for other reasons couldn't keep up the level

in the 80s they won an Olympic silver and a world bronze, in the 90s an Olympic bronze and a world silver...

in the last 15 years, two silvers, a bronze and an Olympic gold, a world gold and more than 10 medals of all metals in the other events...

For a national team without a dominant attack, I'd say it didn't go too bad...

USA system values reception and defense over atrack. That's why a lot of good outsides couldn't play in USA NT because of their inconsistent reception. Plummer the only one coming to my mind who is traditionally an offensive OH. Another one is Tayyibe haneef park but she played as Opp too, not only as outside if i remember correctly.

I heard a lot about K. Phipps but she retired before I started to follow volleyball regularly

• USA system values reception and defense over atrack. That's why a lot of good outsides couldn't play in USA NT because of their inconsistent reception. Plummer the only one coming to my mind who is traditionally an offensive OH. Another one is Tayyibe haneef park but she played as Opp too, not only as outside if i remember correctly.

I heard a lot about K. Phipps but she retired before I started to follow volleyball regularly

did park ever play as OH? I only remember her as opp

• I heard a lot about K. Phipps but she retired before I started to follow volleyball regularly

Keba Phipps played very little for the US national team and only after the age of 30...

She was an incredible player, with an impressive physical power, as only some Cuban players had shown until then...

In her prime (in the 90s, in which she was the most dominant player in the Italian championship and European cups) she always refused all call-ups...

She only joined the national team in the 2000s: she participated in the 2002 World Cup (she was now 33 years old) and her absence from the final (due to a ball in the eye suffered in the last training session before the match) paved the way for success of Italy... With honesty, it must be said that with her on the field it would most likely have gone differently...

• did park ever play as OH? I only remember her as opp

In Eczacıbaşı she played as oh while Metcalf was opp. I think also the year before, while in Kazan she played as outside since Crawford was their opp, but I am not sure about that one. I think she played as Opp while in Japan