China NT 2023

• According to the rumor, Gong was injured on her knee in the match against Canada.

some people thought if necessary, the main OP of the match against Bulguria might be Du Qing-qing.

Zheng Yi-xin as an OP didn't play well when she played the whole match.

source: https://weibo.com/2211979435/N59WAD1ph

• According to the rumor, Gong was injured on her knee in the match against Canada.

some people thought if necessary, the main OP of the match against Bulguria might be Du Qing-qing.

Gong looked OK after her fall, in fact she continued playing until she was replaced by Zheng Yixin. But even if she’s slightly injured she needs a rest. If CB forces Gong to play and her injury gets worse, Chinese volleyball fans will never forgive him !

Our best OP, aside from Gong is Zhou Yetong, and she is not here..... :(

CB will need to explain why she’s not.

Zhou is not even in the wider roster for VNL so I’m not sure if she is eligible to play in week 3 or the QFs, if China qualifies for that.

I differ in your opinion regarding Zheng Yi-Xin. She did not play the whole 3rd set. I think the 3rd set started already before she replaced GXY. She did ok I think. She even scored 1 point.

• I differ in your opinion regarding Zheng Yi-Xin. She did not play the whole 3rd set. I think the 3rd set started already before she replaced GXY. She did ok I think. She even scored 1 point.

I am not sure, but I think tomen was referring to Zheng Yixin playing as OP for Fujian in the China National Winners Championship. Some of us felt that ZYX the MB was more impressive than ZYX the OP....

No matter what tho, we still love ZYX :heart:

• No matter what tho, we still love ZYX :heart:

yes we do

• Hope Gong is alright and it's an ankle sprain and nothing too serious. I know the reason she got injured was that she walked back into Wang Yunlu, but she falls so much now. These type of sets aren't doing her any safety, just falling straight to her knees. ;(

Julian Chow if only Zhou Yetong was on the wide roster. idk what Cai Bin was thinking having Duan Mengke listed over her...

Gong should just rest, there's no reason for her to play against Bulgaria. Have Zheng or Du QQ take her place until she's ready to return.

• Hope Gong is alright and it's an ankle sprain and nothing too serious. I know the reason she got injured was that she walked back into Wang Yunlu, but she falls so much now. These type of sets aren't doing her any safety, just falling straight to her knees. ;(

Julian Chow if only Zhou Yetong was on the wide roster. idk what Cai Bin was thinking having Duan Mengke listed over her...

Gong should just rest, there's no reason for her to play against Bulgaria. Have Zheng or Du QQ take her place until she's ready to return.

Now call me sceptical but the question will be if Cai Bin would do the right thing and let Gong rest this match... China shouldn't have too much of a problem with Bulgaria, at most a 4-set game.

• I brought this forward so everyone can have a look at options if changes are required in week 3 and the playoffs... hopefully we'll get there.

• I understand the wider roster has 30 players, so there are three more spots available...who would you like to see getting selected?

They can't add in anymore players.

Wide rosters were due a month before VNL started back in April so if Cai Bin wanted to have other players available then he should've actually submit 30 players to begin with like most NTs instead of only listing 23 players.

• Watching tonite’s match against Bulgaria, I’m thinking, should we be satisfied seeing how the team turned around a 0:1 deficit to win 3:1 with three easy sets. Far from it, I think there are reasons to be worried. Wang Yunlu is clearly out of her depth to be competing at this level. Overall, the team played badly in set 1, but I think we still would have won, if not for Wang’s poor performance.

But wait, if Wang isn’t performing how is it we’ve won 6 matches in a row and seating at the top of the standings table? The answer is, the others have been ‘covering up’ for her by winning more points than she has lost. The other hitters have had to worked overtime, because the setter is passing most of the balls to them. Is it any surprise then, that Li Yingying is the top scorer & attacker in week 1. Wang couldn’t block effectively, so the middles have had to move over to “cover” for her again. When she herself is spiking, she’s easily blocked, even by the Bulgarian blockers, what more if we meet the Polish team tomorrow.

Why the worry if we’re winning matches and the five players are able to cover for Wang ?

Firstly, even if things turn out ok...is it fair to have others doing a disproportionate amount of work ? Secondly, the others risk being stressed and injured because of over exertion. It is heart wrenching to see Gong playing with her leg bandaged like this. And, God forbid, if anything were to happen to Li Yingying, our chances of winning anything will be next to zero.

:|

• Why did Gong even play today?! :mad:

Cai Bin should've let Zheng play all the way through instead he brought in an injured Gong to finish off a match where she was not needed. :wall: