China NT 2023

• Can't wait to see more of her fiery energy on the court! :box:

She strikes me as a unique specimen of Chinese get the F outta the way I'm on my way to a win mentality and it's ... well it's just weird she's not more famous, or whatever. She would be if she got playing time in top tournaments

Very peculiar

• Maybe is cai bin afraid of her :)

yes hahaha

• She strikes me as a unique specimen of Chinese get the F outta the way I'm on my way to a win mentality and it's ... well it's just weird she's not more famous, or whatever. She would be if she got playing time in top tournaments

Very peculiar

That's the mentality I like in a player! lol

They still believe her height is a problem. I'm really hoping she makes strides in development and show them that being her being undersized is not an issue if she's got the skills to back it up. She's already got the heart and passion. :heart:

• the rumor (only a rumor):

the roster of Team B (for the Universiade in Chengdu):

Head Coach: Zhao Yong

Players:

S - Yin Xiao-lan (Fujian), Xie Sheng-yu (Shandong)

OP - Zhou Ye-tong (Jiangsu), Duan Meng-ke (Henan)

OH - Wu Meng-jie (Jiangsu), Zhuang Yu-shan (Fujian), Wang Yi-fan (Guangdong), Miao Yi-wen (Sichuan)

MB - Wang Wen-han (Shandong), Zeng Jie-ya (Zhejiang), Yang Jia (Jiangsu), Wan Zi-yue (Jiangsu)

L - Xu Jia-nan (Liaoning), Wu Xin-yu (Shandong)

Zhou Ye-tong, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan, Wang Yi-fan, Wang Wen-han, Xu Jia-nan and Wu Xin-yu participated in 2022 AVC Cup and got the runner-up.

bumpsetspike

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• If true, the roster is very promising! Good mix of players that can be rotated for different combinations. :thumbup:

• Blimey :huh:

I hope it’s true, all the players that we talked about, that we felt should’ve been in the wider NT squad....most of them are here...:cheesy:

• Blimey :huh:

I hope it’s true, all the players that we talked about, that we felt should’ve been in the wider NT squad....most of them are here...:cheesy:

Just realized the Universiade (July 28 - August 8 ) interferes with the scheduling for U19 WCH (August 1-11). Some of those girls could've been on that roster instead.

We'll probably see Wang Yindi, Chen Xiyue, and Chen Houyu there, but the rest of the roster will likely be weaker.

• Just realized the Universiade (July 28 - August 8 ) interferes with the scheduling for U19 WCH (August 1-11). Some of those girls could've been on that roster instead.

We'll probably see Wang Yindi, Chen Xiyue, and Chen Houyu there, but the rest of the roster will likely be weaker.

Yea, it’ll be interesting to see who goes to which team. Age limit for the u19 event will exclude most of those mentioned by tomen but some like Yifan, Duan Mengke can go to either, but I think they’ll join the universaide squad. The events are not far away so we’ll know soon.

I’m following SE Asian volleyball as well and around the same time we have FIVB Challenger Cup (July 27-30)..(involving Vietnam) and SEA V league (Aug 4-6)....

Quite a lot of action to look forward to :cheesy:

• Susie the VNL commentator mentioned that Polish men’s coach is smart that he letS his b team play so they will get the experience and when the time they are needed the experience would probably make the difference (they have the feel and not get too nervous). Getting the win does not matter for this match against Japan for the Polish team. That should be CB thinking.

• Chengdu Universiade:

Pool A: Chinese Taipei, Poland, Brazil\

Pool B: China; Hong Kong, China; Argentina, Germany

Pool C: Italy, Mexico, Czech, India

Pool D: Japan, Colombia, Australia, Ukraine

1/4 Finals: A1 vs C2, D1 vs B2, B1 vs D2, C1 vs A2

Pool B: ( UTC+8 )

July 30, 20:00 - China vs Argentina

July 31, 20:00 - China vs Germany

August 1, 17:30 - China vs Hong Kong, China

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Cai is afraid of Wang Yunlu and setter Diao....these two have him wrapped around their fingers !

If either one says to him...” Jump ! “ he will just answer... “ yes dear, how high ? “ =O

I need someone to take care of me as well as Cai does for these two :cheesy::cheesy:

• :lol:

Hard to find someone like him.... he’s one of a kind.

I wouldn’t trust him tho, I think he’s shifty looking. I think you deserve a better person :)

It's alright, for a shifty looking fella he's quite the steadfast dude :rolll::rolll::rolll:

What are our thoughts for tonight's (the match is 11:30pm for my timezone) match?

Hopes and prayers? Or yays and slays?