China NT 2023

• attacks = points won from hit

fault = into net/out

shots = blocked, or opponent digs successfully.

So LYY would have 12/17 percentage

• Zhuang Yushan should have been chosen over Zhong Hui or WYL. What are the height of these two players? WYL cannot perform well against tall players even she is pretty tall (192 cm.) herself. WMJ played today for a few minutes and got 2 points. She should have been given more playing time. How many point did WYL got excluding her serve points she won. WYL got quite a bit free points from her serve today, but the Mexican team is not good which may contribute to those free points earned.

• Zhuang Yushan should have been chosen over Zhong Hui or WYL. What are the height of these two players? WYL cannot perform well against tall players even she is pretty tall (192 cm.) herself. WMJ played today for a few minutes and got 2 points. She should have been given more playing time. How many point did WYL got excluding her serve points she won. WYL got quite a bit free points from her serve today, but the Mexican team is not good which may contribute to those free points earned.

Zhuang Yushan is 182

Don't know about Zhong Hui, i think 181?? (okay, reported 184)

Wu Mengjie is 189

• There was a time when substitution rules allowed Player B to replace Player A, and then if needed they switch back again, they’re allowed to do this one time per set. No third player...eg Player C is allowed to replace A or B in the same set.

But in this year’s VNL I have seen Du QQ coming in to serve for WYL at least twice in one set, multiple times .... for what purpose or benefit idk, because WYL’s serve is OK, certainly more effective than DuQQ’s

So what are the current substitution rules ?

• There was a time when substitution rules allowed Player B to replace Player A, and then if needed they switch back again, they’re allowed to do this one time per set. No third player...eg Player C is allowed to replace A or B in the same set.

But in this year’s VNL I have seen Du QQ coming in to serve for WYL at least twice in one set, multiple times .... for what purpose or benefit idk, because WYL’s serve is OK, certainly more effective than DuQQ’s

So what are the current substitution rules ?

are you sure your eyes are not playing tricks on you?

• are you sure your eyes are not playing tricks on you?

well..I do have poor eyesight and they tire easily, but every time DQQ comes on for WYL there’s usually gasps of astonishment... in some of the other blogs, and that happened quite a few times during the VNL.. So, the rules I mentioned haven’t changed and DQQ actually came in only once per set ?

• The next four matches will be the real test how good really the current team is. If the team plays well and achieves good results then it will be an affirmation that the team is still very competitive among the world's top eight. Then the final match against the titan, SRB, if the team fights well and achieves good result too, either win or lose in a tight 5-set match, then it will show the team is still quite competitive at the higher level.

The first two match is just a warming-up, setting on the diesel engine after being camped, and esp. MEX is too weak to interpret anything from match against this NORCECA team. A commendation to the UKR team, never watch the team prior to this match. They play a good volleyball and have the potential for the better outcome. Again, the next four matches for the team will have the gradual crescendo of significance, and showing how good, how consistent the team when facing the more potent teams with full line-up here (esp. DOM & NED), teams that have capability to fight back! If the journey is smooth, and I wish it's a successful venture, then next year, hopefully Zhu is well recuperated so she can rejoin the team to form the formidable axis of Zhu+Li supported by the newcomer Wu as sub (WYL may still stay as the 2nd sub with ZH out in a 12-member roster arrangement).

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Now, no one match could be lost.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan