China NT 2023

• If we fail to make it... CVA should be blamed for appointing CB and letting him have a free hand. He's not a coach you'd want in your team. I mentioned his shortcomings before and there are too many to repeat here.

Since 2015 no NT coach would touch WYL. But once CB was appointed, he picked her for every tournament and even start every match. It is as if he signed a contract with her. She was a disaster in last year's VNL, but he still kept her and CVA kept him.

I wouldn't be that upset if we sent our best selection and still couldn't make it. But our best selection would include Zhuang YS and other deserving players and definitely exclude WYL !

• Wu MJ might have taken the starting line up from WYL. She needs to strengthen her reception ability. I wonder why CB did let the second team played more against the Mexican team or Czech team on the second set. GXY wasn’t doing well, ZYX should be given the more chance to replace her in today’s match. GXY probably is suffering from a slump. They have to win against The. Dutch and Dominican team because the chance to win against Serbia is almost impossible. If they do not make it / place second, CB will probably get the walking papers. CB thought he was good to have placed second last VNL not taking into considerations some strong teams did not field all their A players.

• You know... If you really want to get rid of Cai Bin... You could lose to NL and then ask Serbia to save their star players for the final match. They might fire him if you end 3rd/4th in the group :whistle:

Just kidding of course, if NL cannot make it I'm rooting for China (& Serbia) as top 2 :heart:

• Just kidding of course, if NL cannot make it I'm rooting for China (& Serbia) as top 2 :heart:

Of course. It is easier to beat out Dominican or Canada on world ranking than it is to beat China.

If the match was on the last day and NL was already out, then it would be in their best interest to throw to China.

• Exactly, which gives such conflicted feelings when watching! But at least now, if we lose on Friday, there's the silver lining of boosting China up in the group.

I wonder if Wu Mengjie will get the start over Wang Yunlu next match, I would love to see more of her still (couldn't watch today). I'm also a Gong fan (and YLL is amazing ofc), so I can't wait to see them battle it out with the Dutchies :super:

• The Japanese team is doing very well 4 winsin a row and not losing a set. If the Chinese team places 3rd in the group so does Japanese team, who goes to Paris Olympics? Does Asia have only 1 spot in the Paris Olympics? What is the scenario?

realistically, both would qualify on ranking.

but they would look at the world rankings after 2024 VNL prelims, and take the higher asian team first.

• You mean Asia has 2 spots even no Asian team gets in the OQT? Still 2 spots if either Japan or China qualifies directly in OQT and there is still 1 spot for Asia from world rankings?

There are 5 spots for world rankings, and both China and Japan are high enough to be in based on that

• Why is that only a handful of local coaches or hardly any coming forward to coach the CNT (women)? The women’s volleyball NT has brought a lot of titles / glories for 🇨🇳 in international sports involving balls . It is the only nt that is a force to be reckoned with in international stage.

• Why is that only a handful of local coaches or hardly any coming forward to coach the CNT (women)? The women’s volleyball NT has brought a lot of titles / glories for 🇨🇳 in international sports involving balls . It is the only nt that is a force to be reckoned with in international stage.

well women's basket is pretty good and ranked #2 in the world

i think nobody really wants to touch this mess, that's the simple answer

• Ultimately, the problem is that the head coach does not have a head.

look at the SF VNL match against Poland: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Gh4y177Nt (start around 3:40:00)

It's the same players in the same roles. Nothing has changed. The opponent yesterday is surely far weaker than VNL Poland, who, mind you, finished top of the prelims table.

Look at the quality of setting. Diao is taking the time to get the ball higher and actually hittable, instead of just throwing it to 4 and forcing the attacker to tip. I've literally never seen LYY tip so many balls in my life. This isn't just yesterday's match, it's also against Ukraine, Czech Republic, and Mexico.

Imagine having the fortune of being 190+, and being forced into a playing style designed for 180 hitters.

Even the koreans, who are shorter, didn't play like that when they were still good in 2019... it's only japan and thailand.

Well, if we continue with that playstyle we deserve to follow in their footsteps. And we certainly won't beat the Dutch, who have a disciplined block and good defense.

Also, of course cai bin would bring two setters with a "quick" playstyle rather than a "stable" playstyle. Now subbing the setter doesn't do much and Ding Xia isn't even getting playtime. How much time did she spend on a volleyball court in the last few months?? wtf

And brilliant job of training your (only) superstar until she got injured. I guess he learned something from Jenny after all, except, Jenny also had Zhang Changning and Li Yingying who beat Italy 3-0 and sent them to face the Serbians. Cai Bin has Wang Yunlu and Zhong Hui.

• Who was the coach of 🇨🇳🏐 NT Women’s World U21 Champ 2023? I think he is a better coach than CB. He made timely time-outs , did not always use the main players throughout the matches/ tournament , made good substitutions calls, etc. He should be called up to the senior NT coach.

• Who was the coach of 🇨🇳🏐 NT Women’s World U21 Champ 2023? I think he is a better coach than CB. He made timely time-outs , did not always use the main players throughout the matches/ tournament , made good substitutions calls, etc. He should be called up to the senior NT coach.

Kuang Qi

• Kuang Qi

Did he also coach the FISU team?