Italian Women's NT 2023

• I have read that Mazzanti didn’t call De Gennaro for ECH and that He is not planning to call her for Olympic qualification tournament. I hope this is not true if it is he is the biggest idiot on planet.

De Gennaro is the best libero in the World, still playing on highest level. There is no need to rush with Fersino, after Paris She has 4years to play with NT and probably with Conegliano on highest possible level.

I hope this is just fake rumor…

If she continue to play like this I see her as a starter in Scandicci . She is Italian. Even if Herbots can play like this in the club ( I do not believe it) she will lost her place in the starting six because with Villani they can use Carol and Washington together. Also I also see her as starter in NT . Her attack is important and someone needs to support Egonu specially in oos balls. If she can work with Sylla I imagine great future for Italy.

She is one of those late bloomers! She rose to the occasion exactly when Italy needed an Oh most. Considering the shape of Bosetti, pietrini and Sylla, villani should be the starter for whole summer

• Excuse me but I'm going against the tide and I would still reserve some time to give an opinion on Villani...

Clearly Canada and Brazil were two opponents that were anything but conclusive...

If I'm wrong I'll be very happy, but I don't think in the least that Villani is and will ever be a possible starter for our national team A...

Maybe a good replacement, but if she were to play as a starter, it would mean that there are problems...

• Yes she should be back for ECh/Olympic qualifier

She would be better back, if not Italy is going to be eaten alive by the Poles :wavy:

• She would be better back, if not Italy is going to be eaten alive by the Poles :wavy:

not sure about that coz Italy is not just about Paola, especially Antropova is available for NT now. But sure she is the best Italian player and is capable of carrying Italy to podium. The gap between Italy(minus Paola) and Poland is not that big imo.

Anyway, she will be back, fully rested. Looking forward to a great match in ECH :super::super:

• Italy qualifies for final round in USA :dance4:good reward for these girls

I won't complain if Mazzanti decide to bring the same roster to USA coz they fought hard and earned the spot by themselves.

Sylla is so happy

Mazzanti said the same players would play in finals if they qualify

Also I think fivb has rules that only players that perform at previous round at least a certain quantity of matches can play at final round

• some user here explained that such regulation is abandoned already. So......

Yes... it's an old rule that has been abandoned for two editions: I too was one of those convinced that it was still in effect...

However, I don't think Mazzanti will change the group in a substantial way: one of the possible exceptions could be, in case the Italian passport arrives, Antropova...

In this case, given the level of competition, I really think we could even make a coup...

I was shocked when I read on Twitter about MDG kicked out of the team.

This is a serious attack to meritocracy and commitment.

I will cancel P4ola Egonu if she will be silent about it considering how much she seems close with Monica.

If Manzatti cut MDG is just a clown . It is absolutely rediculous . He cuts a legend and he bring Parrochialle:what::what::what::what: and other useless players in NT just because he likes them. She is a libero but she CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE she is a big loss for NT. Really BIG. I hope that the news are not true. If the news is true I hope that they in Italian federation can do what they should have before a year ago. To fire him.

• If Mazzanti cuts Moki for this summer, he DEFINITELY has the consent of Egonu...

Mazzanti is not able to take any decision independently: he proposes and if the group's senators (Egonu in particular) approve, it can be done...

There is zero possibility that Mazzanti acted by imposing himself: he is not capable of it...

• Cutting the best libero in the World who can change the game is INSANSE…..

He is gone be the biggest idiot on the planet if this is true

• What's this news exactly? Is she not coming back to NT anymore?