Italian Women's NT 2023

• mean it’s a good thing. It’s called National Team for a reason, why try to make it feel like clubs.

You represent country and nation, not your carrier, that’s what club is for. That’s how it should be.

ok 👍

• ok 👍

And 90% of Serbian public didn’t support when Anderson was naturalized, nor did we support the idea of having Vargas naturalized for our team. We like our players and whatever they can achive is enough, and they achived quite a lot. But neverind, let’s not hijack Italian thread :thumbup:

• And 90% of Serbian public didn’t support when Anderson was naturalized, nor did we support the idea of having Vargas naturalized for our team. We like our players and whatever they can achive is enough, and they achived quite a lot. But neverind, let’s not hijack Italian thread :thumbup:

From what I've seen in wrestling Serbia has naturalized a lot of people for example from Dagestan.

• From what I've seen in wrestling Serbia has naturalized a lot of people for example from Dagestan.

Quite a few from Georgia actually, those who had beef with their federation. But that’s individual sport, it doesn’t effect all around perception of us as wrestling nation, although I’m absolutely not a fan of that either. I firmly believe people should represent their countries or nations, that’s my point.

Anyways, can someone move this last few posts to trash-can thread or some other, I really don’t like going off-topic for more then a few posts

• In female basketball nationalization has become the norm during the last decade or so and for the time being its far more common than in womens volley. Hungary nationalized Cyesha Goree and Yvonne Turner. Montenegro nationalized Natasha Mack, Turkey did the same with Q. Hollingsworth and Tiera McCowan. Bosnia nationalized Jonquiel Jones and Belarus did the same with Alex Bentley. Puerto Rico nationalized Mya Hollingshed. There are many more examples from the last decade, such as when Russia provided citizenship to Becky Hammon and Epiphanny Prince, when Spain nationalized Sancho Lyttle and Serbias mentioned of Yvonne Anderson. Hopefully we wont see the same trend in volley as in basketball during the last decade, it would be unfortunate.

• In female basketball nationalization has become the norm during the last decade or so and for the time being its far more common than in womens volley. Hungary nationalized Cyesha Goree and Yvonne Turner. Montenegro nationalized Natasha Mack, Turkey did the same with Q. Hollingsworth and Tiera McCowan. Bosnia nationalized Jonquiel Jones and Belarus did the same with Alex Bentley. Puerto Rico nationalized Mya Hollingshed. There are many more examples from the last decade, such as when Russia provided citizenship to Becky Hammon and Epiphanny Prince, when Spain nationalized Sancho Lyttle and Serbias mentioned of Yvonne Anderson. Hopefully we wont see the same trend in volley as in basketball during the last decade, it would be unfortunate.

I don't think it will go that far in volleyball. In basketball, USA has abundance of very high level players who can't play in NT although they are very good. In volleyball although USA has a wide pool of good players it is just not comparable to basketball.

• If it weren't for my country's national team, the situation would be somewhat comical, but I have to say that it's a total tragedy...

Obviously the fans of other countries will be laughing out loud and frankly I understand them...

It is clear that Mazzanti, in his acclaimed inability to manage this group, is now bringing a completely unglued team to the European Championship...

Having in the team one of the two or three players in the world capable, alone, of making a difference and being unable to build a team around her is bordering on criminal...

It is clear that here we enter the all-Italian ability to complicate life...

Literally us watching the drama in Italy😂 and this is not the first time. It was previously with piccinini vs others, happened before with togut/rinieri vs coach etc. I see a pattern with all these drama in Italy🤷

• Racism is what is wrong

you are THE racist of this forum (with your Putin loving friend), let's stop BS 🤦

• reply when you are back to where you belong which is Mexico

I think he is from Peru, not Mexico

• TV Host: After De Gennaro and Chirichella, Caterinna Bosetti is out too. Strong reactions in the social networks, but the HC defends his choices.

Mazzanti: There are many players that I left out who deserve to be in the NT. Not only Monica, but also Cristina, Alessia, Sarah. Im not the one who decides who is right or wrong (in or out). (:/) But then when you choose, it looks like politics: "denying" a player, but it isnt what the HC of NT does.

• Someone should tell him to stay away from microphones and journalists, because he's literally digging his own grave and looking like a guy in complete disarray.

• I think he meant that when he chooses the players for the NT, it doesn't mean that those who are left out are wrong and don't deserve to be in NT. Basically he doesn't think De Gennaro, Bosetti or Chirichella are bad and don't deserve to be called, but simply according to him they don't fit in his NT project now. This is at least my interpretation..

Anyway the way he speaks, the answers he gives in the interviews and the way he behaves in general are very weird. He looks like he is not completely aware of what he is doing and he doesn't really have a plan, apart from just trying to imitate the Italy male NT head coach.

He looks like he is mentally fragile and not very stable if I have to be honest... the Italian federation should take action asap.

• That's right...

He did what a HC must do and no one disputes this...

But when you make choices like the ones he did, like excluding one of the strongest libero in the world. excluding an experienced MB like Chirichella when he knew he would be short in this role, excluding an OH all around, completely unbalancing the team, or declaring that one of the three strongest players in the world is not your first choice for the starting six, you should have the correctness and the ability to communicate your motivations...

It's a truly grotesque situation...

Let's say that Mazzanti behaved in an authoritative manner (his role allows him), but it's clear who did not demonstrate the necessary authority and credibility towards the players and the public...

My opinion is that, in any case, we are the stronger team: if the girls, like in Belgrade, are able to go beyond him, we can repeat ourselves…

Of course, this year in the end dirty linen will have to be aired by force: going to Paris with these assumptions would be truly unthinkable and however the European Championship goes, someone has to say something, whether it goes well or even more so, if it goes badly…

• I find it absurd that he would consider Egonu a substitute to reward players who worked all summer in VNL, but I get it. Then why is Bosio not considered a starting setter but insists on Orro?

• I find it absurd that he would consider Egonu a substitute to reward players who worked all summer in VNL, but I get it. Then why is Bosio not considered a starting setter but insists on Orro?

Exactly, it doesn't make any sense. This is the point. Nothing of what he is doing makes sense. He is destroying one of the best NT Italy ever had. He must be stopped.

COnsistency has never been Mazzanti's strongest suit 🤣

• Exactly, it doesn't make any sense. This is the point. Nothing of what he is doing makes sense. He is destroying one of the best NT Italy ever had. He must be stopped.

I believe that the Italian team from 2007-2009 was the strongest in history. After leaving Togut we didn't have a dominant attacker but we had a very balanced and deep squad + Aguero did a great job in him. No medal in Beijing 2008 was a big failure. The current team has too weak setters and receivers but general level is lower, so we can win.

• Exactly, it doesn't make any sense. This is the point. Nothing of what he is doing makes sense. He is destroying one of the best NT Italy ever had. He must be stopped.

Everything suggests that Mazzanti acts with the full support of FIPAV...

The question is whether this support is due to a sharing of objectives and solutions, or is it due to the fact that they don't have the slightest idea of how to replace it, especially one year before the Olympics...

The rumors are that cutting him after the failure at the WC would have cost around 300K euros and that, however and for the well-known reasons, there was no one on the market to replace it with...

It's clear that Mazzanti is in a strong position vis-à-vis FIPAV and that the latter do not have the slightest idea of how to act and are playing it by ear...

I am convinced that FIPAV relies heavily on the quality of the team to resolve the issue, but it is clear that this time a crossroads has been reached which is difficult to overcome without knowing which road to take...

My opinion is that, in any case, we are the stronger team: if the girls, like in Belgrade, are able to go beyond him, we can repeat ourselves…

I think that according with what we know until now , Italy winning seems rather utopian. Deptite the fact that you do not have the most of your best players, you are going to face with the fact that your biggest weapon will be on bench. Even the great Egonu can not carry the team if she must to play in semifinals or in the finals withought playing any game before ( I imagine that when Manzatti faces the difficult teams he will forced to give her more time). Even if she take all the matches you do not know if she can do her best in a such a short time.

So..... My opinion for the Italian friends is to reconcile with the thought that the can not win the ECH like that. If Manzatti insist in Nwakalor maybe not even a medal.

EXCEPT if all this is Manzattis plan and he want to confuse the others that he will not use Egonu . I do not know what to think anymore....