Italian Women's NT 2023

• I personally would've included Despaigne and L. Esposito in the U21 but I guess they're aiming high at the U19 and their experiences could be helpful.

L. Esposito is helpful to this team I am sure. Erika Esposito is very decent OH and a relatively all-around OH, the team just needs another OH who can pass well to play alongside Erika. Del Freo and Amoruso seems to struggle in reception often.

• Pasini, on his blog, writes that Moki De Gennaro and Cristina Chirichella will not be part of the team for the European Championships...

For Christina it is okej, I mean you have Fahr, Lubian and Danesi. Who needs her when you have such a world class trio in one team….

De Gennaro is gone be missed for sure but Fersino needs to get chance. So that it is okej to.

• For Christina it is okej, I mean you have Fahr, Lubian and Danesi. Who needs her when you have such a world class trio in one team….

De Gennaro is gone be missed for sure but Fersino needs to get chance. So that it is okej to.

I doubt other people will consider Lubian as world class tbh. She is good at serving and attacking for sure, but her capability of blocking is very weak.

She has been one of the weakest MB in term of blocking in seria A1 for several consecutive seasons.

Even in the league, Santarelli has to sub Robin in to strengthen the block when Lubian underperformed in block for many times.

• Pasini, on his blog, writes that Moki De Gennaro and Cristina Chirichella will not be part of the team for the European Championships...

Chirichella hasn't been a factor in the NT for a long time, so I won't be surprised if she won't be in the team for the EC and the OGQ.

De Gennaro is a different story to be honest and it seems strange that suddenly, out of the blue, Mazzanti decides to cut her. Considering she's 36, maybe it can be her decision to skip some tournaments.

• Chirichella hasn't been a factor in the NT for a long time, so I won't be surprised if she won't be in the team for the EC and the OGQ.

De Gennaro is a different story to be honest and it seems strange that suddenly, out of the blue, Mazzanti decides to cut her. Considering she's 36, maybe it can be her decision to skip some tournaments.

Yeah i doubt it's Mazzanti decision, they have worked together for nearly 10 years at this point I doubt they have issues all of a sudden, on the other hand though I could see her deciding to skip in full this NT season to be on the best shape possible/without the risk of unnecessary injuries before what it's likely going to be her last season

• But I mean She is not with her husband he is working all Summer with Turkey…

• But I mean She is not with her husband he is working all Summer with Turkey…

What does this have to do with anything lmao

Planes are a thing, if she wants to spend time with her husband she can just book one and spend some time with him in Turkey

Also it's not like she's going to implode if she doesn't see her husband for a few weeks

• Fersino's era is coming :lol::lol:

Still surprised that she came out of no where (by no where i mean not a talent in junior team/Club Italia) and has such speedy career development, both in club and in NT. If the rumor is right, Imoco will take her back after Moki's retirement. The girl has a promising career ahead.

• Fersino's era is coming :lol::lol:

Still surprised that she came out of no where (by no where i mean not a talent in junior team/Club Italia) and has such speedy career development, both in club and in NT. If the rumor is right, Imoco will take her back after Moki's retirement. The girl has a promising career ahead.

This exactly what's wrong with Club Italia and how vball athletes are developed in Italy. They're tons of examples around the world of great players who were never considered in junior teams but went on to be some of the best in the world.

• This exactly what's wrong with Club Italia and how vball athletes are developed in Italy. They're tons of examples around the world of great players who were never considered in junior teams but went on to be some of the best in the world.

I don't get it why Club Italia is to be blamed here, could you be more precise ? Coz even if those hidden Italian talents didn't make it to Club Italia, they still could be recruited by other clubs (A1 or A2) and shine like Kata and Fersino did. The existence of Club Italia doesn't cancel out their opportunity to become great. At least half of the NT members are trained by Club Italia before, they are part of the whole foundation.

But things changed these year and Club Italia seems to lose its appealing somehow, they will relegate to seria B next season so....