Italian Women's NT 2023

• Yes its her decision.

She retired from NT so she can play longer(few more years) in club.

I'm not so sure it's her decision... I think that, partially or wholly, Mazzanti has a big part in it... And I don't think Moki wants to prolong her career much: she had already announced her will to stop after Paris...

• Pasini mentioned in the comments that Pietrini probably won't participate in ECH as well due to other reasons.

I am not worried about her absence tbh.

Here in Florence, the rumor has been circulating for months that Pietrini has voluntarily called herself off the national team at least for this summer... Knowing the girl, it's no news that surprised anyone that much...

• Overall not too shabby getting 1pt from BRA considering how difficult it's to face them every time. It's easily predictable that this roster will break during tie-break without Sylla holding them together.

Villani has an amazing performance tonight, could be a starter in the next 3 matches. On the other hand, Degradi still the same error prone player. Mazzanti subbed her in during tiebreak and she made two silly errors straightaway, Mazzanti was not happy about this. And then there is D'dorico :white::white:

But the biggest disappointment tonight is Danesi. She was the veteran and needs to lead this team. But she was awful, one of her worst performance ever. I don't know what's going on, probably making her the captain backfires ?

• VNL proved that Italy has deep bench too. As I said this is B team and they can fight against strongest teams

Fahr and Lubian are gone be starting duo in near future in NT as they are in Conegliano.

• I like how italy is playing

When they improve passing and reduce errors they can be so dangerous

• When they improve passing and reduce errors they can be so dangerous

the problem is can they ? That probably happen once in a while.

Passing has been an issue for some years now, and Italy has always been the error-prone team under Mazzanti's guidance. For this VNL, If Mazzanti really wants to reduce the error, he shouldn't use D'odorico as serving substitute and for sure shouldn't makes all the OHs to jump set the balls with a fake pipe attack, which is useless and problematic.

• the problem is can they ? That probably happen once in a while.

Passing has been an issue for some years now, and Italy has always been the error-prone team under Mazzanti's guidance. For this VNL, If Mazzanti really wants to reduce the error, he shouldn't use D'odorico as serving substitute and for sure shouldn't makes all the OHs to jump set the balls with a fake pipe attack, which is useless and problematic.

Degradi is the most error prone

• I believe that trying to carry out technical or tactical analyzes on this national team is just an exercise in style...

Apart from the four girls who will move up to Team A and Omoruyi, none of these can be considered a prospectus for team A...

Let's take the good that they showed in this event as character and grit and let's put it aside...

Personally, I still don't understand what the point of this group is, but by now I'm used to Mazzanti's meaningless choices...

I don't think we'll be able to comment on the results until the end of the summer: let's see what happens at the European Championship and to the OCs...

• So happy to see Villani playing like this :cheesy::cheesy: Her chance of making to ECH is getting bigger and bigger.

With Paola or Kate's on court, i think she could do even better coz opponent will pay more attention to opp.

Plz stay healthy :super: we really need a OHs with strong arms who is capable of OOS balls and pipe. She is decent in blocking and serving too.

• Few years back when Villani played in NT for the first time, she was so so, not able to show her ability in attacking. This time she delivered :super:

To think she was a A2 player before and now after several seasons, she will go to one of the big teams in A1, Scandicci. Such a hardworking girl with lot of passion and energy on court.

Few years back when Villani played in NT for the first time, she was so so, not able to show her ability in attacking. This time she delivered :super:

To think she was a A2 player before and now after several seasons, she will go to one of the big teams in A1, Scandicci. Such a hardworking girl with lot of passion and energy on court.

If she continue to play like this I see her as a starter in Scandicci . She is Italian. Even if Herbots can play like this in the club ( I do not believe it) she will lost her place in the starting six because with Villani they can use Carol and Washington together. Also I also see her as starter in NT . Her attack is important and someone needs to support Egonu specially in oos balls. If she can work with Sylla I imagine great future for Italy.