Italian Women's NT 2023

• Why are you all the time asking about Antropova? She is not in the roster for ECH. She will not play at ECH so what is the point of her playing in this friendly matches? Yeah, there won't be a lot of time after ECH to OQT but Italy was without most of the starting six during VNL so they need some time to adjust. Giving time to Antropova while she won't play at ECH doesn't make a lot sense.

• ITALIA - SERBIA 2-2 (25-18, 25-19, 20-25, 25-27)

Italia: Pietrini 7, Danesi 2, Egonu 14, Sylla 11, Lubian 9, Orro 5, Fersino (L); Entrate: Bosio, Nwakalor 3, Squarcini 1, Parrocchiale (L), Omoruyi, Antropova 17. N.e: Gennari, Bosetti, Degradi. All.

Serbia: Ognjenovic 4, Busa 3, Popovic 7, Boskovic 17, Uzelac 7, Stevanovic 2, Jegdic (L); Lazovic 1, Drca 2, Pusic (L), Aleksic 8, Lozo 10. N.e: Bjelica, Kuyrtagic. All.

• For the first time on the courts also Antropova who scores 17 points (two entries in the first two sets, starter in the third and fourth)

In the third set Orro in the direction, Egonu opposite, Sylla and Antropova in place 4, Squarcini and Lubian in the center, Fersino libero.

In the fourth set Orro in the direction, Antropova opposite, Omoruyi and Villani in place 4, Lubian and Squarcini central, Parochial libero.

Ekaterina Antropova played as OH and then as an OPP.

• What happened to crovolley who was hyping squarcini as if she is the next big thing just because she was playing in Conegliano :roll:

• What happened to crovolley who was hyping squarcini as if she is the next big thing just because she was playing in Conegliano :roll:

She has poor physical conditions - only 184 cm. To make a big career with this height you have to be a phenomenon and catch up in other elements, e.g. Simona Gioli was 185 cm tall but she was very dynamic and played a great running attack. Does Squarcini have such features that you can pin high hopes on her in the future?

• Italy won every set with Sylla-Pietrini duo, so I guess this will be a starting lineup - fortunate thing about expanded formula of ECH is that in group phase Mazzanti at some point can run experiments with Antropova without any consequences. Highly unlikely that Bosetti will be cut though.

• I hope that. I can see Egonu- Antropova and Bosetti in first team. After these 2 friendlies with Serbia, however, I see that Mazzanti will probably play with Sylla and Pietrini. That would mean Bosetti is in poor form.

I do not thnk that Antropova can play as an OH. She moves and places her hands very slowly ,she has bad reflexes and poor perception in reception and defense. I saw her sometimes as an OH in the past and specially her defense in position 6 is absolutely terrible.

• Italy won every set with Sylla-Pietrini duo, so I guess this will be a starting lineup - fortunate thing about expanded formula of ECH is that in group phase Mazzanti at some point can run experiments with Antropova without any consequences. Highly unlikely that Bosetti will be cut though.

Another time? Why are you talking about Antropova and ECH when she is not even in >30 names roster... Rules are rules. Just because she got citizenship now does not mean that she will play right away. She couldn't be because she was not Italian. Still don't know how she ended in wide roster for VNL...

• She has poor physical conditions - only 184 cm. To make a big career with this height you have to be a phenomenon and catch up in other elements, e.g. Simona Gioli was 185 cm tall but she was very dynamic and played a great running attack. Does Squarcini have such features that you can pin high hopes on her in the future?

Read my post again, I was referring Crovolley who has been hyping Her as if she is a world start MB while she was just a decent bench player. She is doing her best with her physical limitations and I appreciate that but she is nowhere to be a top MB, not any close to level of short MBs like Carol or Aslı Kalac

• I do not thnk that Antropova can play as an OH. She moves and places her hands very slowly ,she has bad reflexes and poor perception in reception and defense. I saw her sometimes as an OH in the past and specially her defense in position 6 is absolutely terrible.

It might be worth to try but not everyone can adjust to that position so quickly like Ebrar did. I expect it would take a long time for her to bring her reception to okayish level unless Italy plans to play Serbia style volleyball 🤷

• some users on twitter are saying bosetti might be cut from european

I hope no