Turkey 2023

• am i hallucinating or did i see serdar defend derya? I never thought this would be possible.

i'm happy for derya and we have to understand that it was with her that turkey was champion. she didn't do any damage on reception, she played very well on defense and she didn't play bad on offense.

remembering that ilkin was the starter, but she was very bad.

• am i hallucinating or did i see serdar defend derya? I never thought this would be possible.

i'm happy for derya and we have to understand that it was with her that turkey was champion. she didn't do any damage on reception, she played very well on defense and she didn't play bad on offense.

remembering that ilkin was the starter, but she was very bad.

I give credit where it is due! You can even see me defending Busa one day😂

I think Derya still needs to prover herself, especially her reception. But based on two critical games she get the chances, she used them well unlike some other players like Saliha. I still think Ebrar&Derya duo would be very fragile against good server teams, however Derya would be a good sub depending on the opponent

• I tried to be kind and helpful, asking to user who shared the table, his/her objective and his/her aim with full of good thoughts, tried to help if I could but you intervened with your cynical wordings, not even taking into consideration my reasonings (why it is not an indication and how it can be).

From this moment onwards, I will not continue with the discussion on the same topic, since this will not help to anyone and will not add any value to anything so I leave you and the user(s) who thinks in the same way as you do (if there is any) and I will repeat the same words once again. You just believe in what you want to believe.

Türkiye's block stats for the final stage were very good. Would it have been the same if they had played with Cansu instead?

That was my starting point and went ahead and created that list (from raw data in your words). I thought it looked interesting and posted here. Is there anything wrong with it?

• Appreciated your kind posting. Just replying to you, since you are the owner of the table and I am willing to help and explain my opinion, once again.

I never said or meant, there is something wrong with your posting/your findings or tables here. It is a free environment and as long as it adds value or opens a fruitful discussion, I believe that, admins and many others also like it.

Without any intension, if any of my word in my previous posts hurt you, then I appologize.

As I said previously, I never under estimate any work performed by anyone, in which there is an effort and I found your work valuable but all I say is that, looking at your table, it is almost imposible to derive any clear outcome or to reach to a conclusion, since many independent variables get involve here (such as delivering the 1st ball (reception quality), the quality of the set delivered to hitters or MBs, the performance of the hitters, the rotations across the matches etc).

Another point I got stucked is your questioning about "Türkiye's block stats for the final stage were very good. Would it have been the same if they had played with Cansu instead?" I did't find any answer to this question. Did you?

Again, Turkish blocks covers independent variables such as, strong & efficient serves (opponent team's reception), strong attacks against the oponent which may impact the opponent team's balance, opponent's attack quality etc + Turkish team's MBs, Hitters and setter's block efficiency. So this is again far from reaching to a conclusion whether it is because of this setter or that setter.

I hope, I have explained my statistical point of view correctly, however your enthusiasm in this point, motivated me to conduct another study, this time focusing on the setters but with just some ballpark outcome, since I cannot reach to any detailed data, which is kept by Coach, Assistant Coach or Team's Statisticians only..

PS: Raw data is not my word but it is a definition in statistics terminology, meaning, collected data/data set, in order to perform analysis.

• Ozge Arslanalp and Miray Gözübüyük in the dream group of the Balkan U21 Championship

Dream Team:

OPP: Miray Gözübüyük

Setter:Ozge Arslanalp

MB:Ema Klopic,Ana Terzic

OH:Una Vajagic,Ksenija Tomic

Libero:Anxhela Mehmeti

Zdjęcie

• Individual awards of U21W Balkan Championship

👉 The MVP of the U21 Women Balkan Championship was Ksenija Tomić from Serbia.

👉 The best setter of U21 Women Balkan Championship was Arslanap Ozge from Turkiye.

👉 The best middle blocker of U21 Women Balkan Championship was Ema Klopić from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

👉 The best outside hitter of the U21 Women Balkan Championship was Una Vajagić from Serbia.

👉 The best opposite of the U21 Women Balkan Championship was Miray Guzubuyuk from Turkiye.

👉 The best libero of the U21 Women Balkan Championship was Anxhela Mehmeti from Albania.

👉 The best fair play player of the U21W Balkan Championship was Amina Halilović from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

• Miray is indeed an outside hitter, she changed her position since we don't have a good Opp in this generation. Previously I think Ipar played as Opp for this generation. Miray is very short to be a competitive player at international level. She might have a chance as an outside in case she can improve her reception. Fortunately opposite is not a problematic position for turkey in the near future.

Özge is a really creative good setter, but with such a short height, most likely she wont make it to senior NT.

For u21 world championship tournament, probably Beren Yeşilırmak and Ipar Kurt will join to the team (I hope ipar wouldn't already be in USA then) I hope Melisa Bükmen would be recovered and ready to play then. As a team, they can reach semis but individually there's no player who seems to have a shot in senior nt in short term🤷

• Will anyone join to the Serbian team for WCh? I assume kurtagic and Uzelac will stay with senior nt camp?

• Miray is indeed an outside hitter, she changed her position since we don't have a good Opp in this generation. Previously I think Ipar played as Opp for this generation. Miray is very short to be a competitive player at international level. She might have a chance as an outside in case she can improve her reception. Fortunately opposite is not a problematic position for turkey in the near future.

Özge is a really creative good setter, but with such a short height, most likely she wont make it to senior NT.

For u21 world championship tournament, probably Beren Yeşilırmak and Ipar Kurt will join to the team (I hope ipar wouldn't already be in USA then) I hope Melisa Bükmen would be recovered and ready to play then. As a team, they can reach semis but individually there's no player who seems to have a shot in senior nt in short term🤷

I think Dilay will join the A team

She's so good,gives me that Naz vibe:rose:

Beren has a very good championship and that is also of course due to a great setter

I was sceptical about libero at first but İlayda Naz Gergef positive

I don't know what to think about Liza, she has a good championship but she didn't make a big leap in quality:/

I hope to see Bianca İlayda Mumcular - now she will play OH in Edremit Bld. Altınoluk with Irem Nur Güneş (OPP)

• Will anyone join to the Serbian team for WCh? I assume kurtagic and Uzelac will stay with senior nt camp?

Since Tišma, m Uzelac and Kurtagić are out for U21, I expect to see starting 6 as follow:

Mandović/Zelenović

Tica/Vajagić

Osmajić/Šućurović

Although the best would be Baić instead of Mandović on setter position but well, we’re gonna start Mandović

Kurtagić and Uzelac will go to ECH so they won’t be on U21.. Uzelac is for sure locked in rotation of OHs if needed, but I hope for Kurtagić to also be given chance against weaker teams

Tica, Osmajić are said to have smaller injuries but I expect to see them

• Thanks for the answer! Why is Tisma out? She is not in ech roster right?

Seems like Serbia will be favourite with USA and Italy to win the tournament even without kurtagic & Uzelac

• But Dilay is from 2005-2006 generation. I'm disappointed by Liza, except a few good serving runs, she is nowhere to find at offense.

From 2003-2004 team, I have high hopes from Bengisu, she is a pure blocking MB. To me, she has a huge potential to be in senior nt soon. I hope she will perform well in BJK next season.

• But Dilay is from 2005-2006 generation. I'm disappointed by Liza, except a few good serving runs, she is nowhere to find at offense.

From 2003-2004 team, I have high hopes from Bengisu, she is a pure blocking MB. To me, she has a huge potential to be in senior nt soon. I hope she will perform well in BJK next season.

She has a chance in the new Olympic cycle ;)

Özge would also be a good option, but it's not high enough to make an A-team but something at the expense of something:roll:

I agree about Bengisu, there is also Berka Özden who will play together with Dilay in Karayolları

• Thanks for the answer! Why is Tisma out? She is not in ech roster right?

Seems like Serbia will be favourite with USA and Italy to win the tournament even without kurtagic & Uzelac

Nobody know why Tisma is out, she is like our mini Drca. She is healthy, federation probably want to give Mandovic more court time with is nonsense (Baic is easier to be benched than Tisma).

If no surprise, i think semis will be Serbia, Brazil, Italy and China/Japan. *I dont know level of asian teams.

• USA is sending this team competing in the U19 tournament, so I doubt it

In last u18 this generation joined, USA got bronze, right? So those players won't be competing this year?

fire_cai_bin I noticed that in 2021 no Chinese or Japanese team joined to u18 tournament. Was it because of Covid? And how is this generation of china do you think?

• In last u18 this generation joined, USA got bronze, right? So those players won't be competing this year?

fire_cai_bin I noticed that in 2021 no Chinese or Japanese team joined to u18 tournament. Was it because of Covid? And how is this generation of china do you think?

no. The NCAA preseason starts tomorrow so no NCAA players were invited for u19 or u21.

the usa u19 team would have a completely different team if NCAA kids were allowed

• no. The NCAA preseason starts tomorrow so no NCAA players were invited for u19 or u21.

the usa u19 team would have a completely different team if NCAA kids were allowed

Do you think international players are also not allowed to play in their NT? Then ipar would probably skip the tournament too🥺