Turkey 2023

• If you think volleyball was invented only a few years ago, yeah, Egonu and Boskovic made Italy and Serbia successful lol

this makes me miss the glory days of having multiple same level team, competing to achieve something, not just for the gold because there were so many top teams. I hope no one will waste their time anymore because this is pure trolling at this point.

• Even just counting the last half a decade prior to Boskovic/Egonu, Italy was 4th at 2014 WCH (better than Turkey ever did) 5th at 2012 OG (Turkey never did better) while winning 2011 World Cup (needless to say, right?). Serbia won 2011 ECH (again...this becomes monotonous, no?). So no, Turkey has not been as good the last couple of years as Italy/Serbia without Egonu/Boskovic (and that was a historically poor period for Italy, the weakest in the last 20 years).

you again didnt understand the point. i dont talk about european championship was held in sserbia 2011, they barely beat germany infront of home crowd. after two years, belgium surprisingly beat that team. 2012 olympics they were crushed by every team. as jelena said today we can put türkiye as 3rd strong team in europe but it was not the case with serbia and italy before egonu and boşkoviç period, its just my opinion. For me today's Türkiye is playing better than 2012,2013 Serbia and İtaly before egonu and boşkoviç period, thats my point.

• Nobody is being delusional. What Giovanni did was:

- Have a personal problem with at least one player in each time and therefore having a limited pool of players. Not sure how many times we made an alternative squad here with those players and said they can compete against the NT Giovanni builds.

- Show no ambition and reflect this on girls, simply putting in their face that they are not good enough for this level.

I mean if you watched the NTs this summer well enough, you could also see what Santarelli did with Busa, a mediocre player being a very reliable spiker, helping her team to get the gold, while Giovanni complaining that all Turkish spikers are useless. To be honest, I don't think Busa has better capacity than Hande Baladin for example, but that was a perfect example of coach making a big difference to bring the best out of a player.

The only player that I know that he had problems with was Orge. Do you think Orge is that much better than Simge? :/

You are affected by his action last summer and projecting it to his whole coaching time in Turkey. Was he also showing no ambition at EuroVolley 2019 when they were playing the final? Was he not ambitious enough when Turkey lost the semifinal vs Serbia in summer '21 after playing 3 sets further than 25 points, or did the players collapse in the fourth set? The guy had his main players injured last summer. Do you think you could have beaten USA and Serbia with Boz ()and Beyza?

Busa was also putting up 20 points with PTT. Does that mean that this coach made her better? I disagree that Santarelli made Busa a reliable spiker. Everyone knows that in years past, with Terzic, Busa wasn't getting balls in attack. She just wasn't. Last year, Santarelli changed one thing - everyone gets involved, from reception to attack. Even Brankica was required to receive no matter the result because everyone was treated equally. Busa was finally trusted by her team and her coach. That made her better.

• you again didnt understand the point. i dont talk about european championship was held in sserbia 2011, they barely beat germany infront of home crowd. after two years, belgium surprisingly beat that team. 2012 olympics they were crushed by every team. as jelena said today we can put türkiye as 3rd strong team in europe but it was not the case with serbia and italy, its just my opinion. For me today's Türkiye is playing better than 2012,2013 Serbia and İtaly before egonu and boşkoviç period, thats my point.

well your point is just poorly constructed and wrong and why does it even matter ? Vargas isn’t as good as Tijana or Egonu anyway so it doesn’t make sense to directly compare the teams before and after them plus adding a new naturalized player to an established team can cause problems as well

• well your point is just poorly constructed and wrong and why does it even matter ? Vargas isn’t as good as Tijana or Egonu anyway so it doesn’t make sense to directly compare the teams before and after them plus adding a new naturalized player to an established team can cause problems as well

Lolz if vargas wasnt good why serbia tried to naturalize her ? silently envy:whistle:

• Lolz if vargas wasnt good why serbia tried to naturalize her ? silently envy:whistle:

me saying she isn’t as good as Tijana or Egonu is not me saying she’s not good. It’s clear you don’t have anything more substantial to say and that you’re just salty and bitter. This response proves that…

• In all, I find this more unprofessional than what Santarelli did with Serbia. If you claim you don't have good enough material to work with, then leave the place or try to create that material. Giovanni did none of these.

This is literally the last thing that anyone can said for Guidetti IMO.

*I missed all this drama in between, no intention to get involved in it, literally as soon as I read it I clicked quote (I see it's a dangerous area, I must clarify, don't get me wrong Meatballs, just disagree with this part of your comment).

• i dont talk about european championship was held in sserbia 2011, they barely beat germany infront of home crowd.

So? They still won gold. Has Turkey ever done that (on its own turf or on Mars, regardless)?

s jelena said today we can put türkiye as 3rd strong team in europe

Only because Russia is banned. If it isn't, you are 4th.

they barely beat germany infront of home crowd. after two years, belgium surprisingly beat that team. 2012 olympics they were crushed by every team.

For me today's Türkiye is playing better than 2012,2013 Serbia

So, you say Turkey has had better result in the last 5 years than Serbia in a 2 year period (2012/2013)...and this is somehow supposed to mean something?

yİtaly before egonu and boşkoviç period, thats my point.

A factually incorrect point, as I amply demostrated in my last post

• Okay this guy is just an embarrassment

İ'm not salty and bitter. i have my point and you have yours. Before the post i said it agree or not, its your business not mine. İ saw serbian and italian teams before boşkoviç and egonu. İ will likely see them after boşkoviç and egonu too. İ didnt say they were weak teams but not close to today's serbia and Italy, thats my point.

• I also just find it odd when people bring up Italy and Serbia in scenarios where “well if Tijana or Paola didn’t exist blah blah blah” they exist lol. Why does it really matter ? lol

• okay, i said i saw serbia and italy before egonu and boşkoviç. i will most likely see them after boşkoviç and egonu. İ don't say they were weak teams, actualy they were good but not come even close to today's serbia and italy with egonu and boşkoviç, thats my point. Boşkoviç and Egonu added a great power to them. agreed or not, it's my point. i have my point you have yours.

• Why anyone taking this troll for a serious after this? :lol:

He is one of this fools that thinks that anything can be bought with a money. :cheesy:

but money is important for human being. even your beloved tijana boşkoviç could choose to be naturalized for that money if federation didnt refuse to pay, today you could play against her not with her;) say you were lucky

having an opposite opinion make me troll, a bit strange but okay..

• but money is important for human being. even your beloved tijana boşkoviç could choose to be naturalized for that money if federation didnt refuse to pay, today you could play against her not with her;) say you were lucky

Maybe in your dreams. :lol:

Btw putting this turkish letters on Boskovic name is literally provocation on a national basis, so stop it. She is not turkish player, never was and never will be.

• One side will have to get out of the endless loop, sometimes it is really obvious that there is no point in continuing.

• really? for whom? at least she is less error prone than say egonu :whistle:

Lots of opp are less error prone than Egonu, does that makes them a better Opp than her ?

Vargas is good Opp, just not as good as Bos & Egonu at the moment. Just accept that and wait until Vargas won certain numbers of Club&International championship titles/medals before making such comments out of saltiness.

• Maybe in your dreams. :lol:

Btw putting this turkish letters on Boskovic name is literally provocation on a national basis, so stop it. She is not turkish player, never was and never will be.

yea I was wondering why he was using those characters for her name…

• Ignoring elvin and any of his "points"/fantasies, I do have to address how supposedly Gui's defeatism and his tendency to praise his opponents and downplay his team's chances in the media has influenced the team's results, since even some other Turkish posters have brought this up.

Maybe this past year, but then again I think 2022 Guidetti was fundamentally different from 2017-2019 Guidetti, in more ways than one. Huge scrutiny from enormous popularisation of volleyball in Turkey in the last several years coupled with a psychologically crushing defeat against Korea in 2021 Tokyo (and everything that resulted from that) soured Guidetti's enthusiasm and will. After that, he was a man simply floating, going through the motions, and as far as that goes, meatballs and those like him who chastise Gui for that are right...but only for 2022. Prior to that, I contend that all his statements about how opponent is simply too good, much better than his team, but they will try blah blah...those were nothing more than mind-games designed to hopefully lull his opponents and get them to lower their guard. A classic case was 2017 ECH SF, where Terzic recognised the tactic for what it was, and descibed it as such in his subsequent statements to the Serbian media.