2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Türkiye is in great shape and that makes me very happy, and as for Serbia, I think you have to give them time, it's only the beginning of the season and you have to be patient ;)

The audience in Antalya is amazing:flower:

• As usual China winning first set against Germany clearly. It is not only about world ranking in favor of China, Germans mostly can't find the rather small area of exactly exerting the right pressure without committing too many errors.

• I'm falling hard for Orthmann this tournament. That back attack was beautiful :rose:

• As usual China winning first set against Germany clearly. It is not only about world ranking in favor of China, Germans mostly can't find the rather small area of exactly exerting the right pressure without committing too many errors.

I can't figure out Germany for years now. They are error prone, and that hurts, but I also get the feeling they don't practice strategic game action----I don't know how to say it exactly, but it's on the coach to enlighten and push them in finding and knowing that small area of exactly exerting the right pressure

• Is it just me or is the Japan crowds not as full now?

Even when Japan wasn't playing there would still be a more packed gym before.

Even on Japan's match therer were only 1800 people in a 10,000 seat arena. I think they don't like women's volleyball any more. Someone in the NT thread said the man version is already sold out :white:

• Maybe it’s the early start on a working day... idk

Be interesting to see what happens in their tonight, Friday night. Better be more than 1800

• Is it just me or is the Japan crowds not as full now?

Even when Japan wasn't playing there would still be a more packed gym before.

In general, the Japan Women's team are not as popular as before. This has been a topic of conversation a lot in the Japan Women's NT thread recently :lol:

Also, it is a weekday / work hours and JVA posted an advisory just now of having intense rain, and schedules for today will be subject to weather conditions.

• Germany doesn't do scrappy defense very well. Lots of balls that Thailand would never let hit the floor, they let hit the floor

• In general, the Japan Women's team are not as popular as before. This has been a topic of conversation a lot in the Japan Women's NT thread recently :lol:

Also, it is a weekday / work hours and JVA posted an advisory just now of having intense rain, and schedules for today will be subject to weather conditions.

How many peeps fo you think will be there tonight ... and why aren't you there?

• Orthmann with the left hand

• That hustle play from Yuan Xinyue. That's what I'm talking about. You don't see Germany do much of that