2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Really? So you never read his dissmissve comments about Egonu and her importance to Conegliano, when shes the sole responsible for their only CL title in their history, or the beef with Ze and Brazil during training back when he was coaching Serbia, etc.

I kinda understand if he's salty that Egonu left for Vakifbank. I mean, losing your best player is a blow indeed. my point is that people are way too sensitive with his comment in this clip. considering the context of which he said it, it was completely true. Brazil just fell apart there.

• Really? So you never read his dissmissve comments about Egonu and her importance to Conegliano, when shes the sole responsible for their only CL title in their history, or the beef with Ze and Brazil during training back when he was coaching Serbia, etc.

I almost forgot Brazilians had beef with him from last season :lol:

• I don't like this attitude to be honest.

In this match Brazil didn’t have quality. He didn’t say anything wrong.

His english is not great and that is why He sometimes sound rough

• Disagree. Looking at Macris and her sets (especially during week 2) it’s simple lack of quality. The same same defence - so many bad tips and digs.

There is a difference in “no quality” and “bad performance”.. Brazilan players can show bad performance like they did today, but none of them lack quality and that’s disrespectful thing to say. Simple as that.

• There is a difference in “no quality” and “bad performance”.. Brazilan players can show bad performance like they did today, but none of them lack quality and that’s disrespectful thing to say. Simple as that.

Maybe players are really good but the team does not have quality. Simple as that.
    It was not only today, last week Brazil had the same issue.

• Santa works in Conegliano for years with many international players and uses mostly English so he knew what he wanted to say. Also in Serbia and Croatia he worked in English.

was he wrong at that time though?

also, majority of players in his club are still Italians and the club is stationed in Italy. he only speaks English when needed and I'm sure fluency was not required so no, he isn't passing IELTS by any means. he isn't fluent. and it's not fair to demand language nuance from someone like him.

• Maybe players are really good but the team does not have quality. Simple as that.
    It was not only today, last week Brazil had the same issue.

Well quality means if players are good or not. Performance is what they show in current moment.

Carol and Gabi have extreme quality, but didnt show up today, didnt play very good, that doesnt mean they lack quality

Santarelli has a history of talking trash about Brazil NT, from not including them in top 5 favourites to win WCH 22 to complitely disregarding the possibility of them beating Italy in semi-finals and talked about Serbia-Italy game for the finals lol

• I almost forgot Brazilians had beef with him from last season :lol:

I actually completely forgot, quick reminder please?

• was he wrong at that time though?

also, majority of players in his club are still Italians and the club is stationed in Italy. he only speaks English when needed and I'm sure fluency was not required so no, he isn't passing IELTS by any means. he isn't fluent. and it's not fair to demand language nuance from someone like him.

I think you took wrong target. I agree with Santa and I see that he said what he wanted to say.

You want to tell me that Santarelli doesn’t speak English fluently and has vocabulary gaps in vball terms?

• Well quality means if players are good or not. Performance is what they show in current moment.

Carol and Gabi have extreme quality, but didnt show up today, didnt play very good, that doesnt mean they lack quality

Santarelli has a history of talking trash about Brazil NT, from not including them in top 5 favourites to win WCH 22 to complitely disregarding the possibility of them beating Italy in semi-finals and talked about Serbia-Italy game for the finals lol

oh please. this is childish at best. everybody knows that this match doesn't invalidate their quality as players. Santerelli knows that too. the Brazilians know that too. he was talking about their quality DURING THE MATCH. why are people failing to see that? people are so overly dramatic and obtuse.