CEV U17 Volleyball European Championship 2023 Women

• Don't know where to put this but people into under age competition probably follow this thread so....

FIVB moves U21 to the same year of U17, then U19 in the following year, which means the junior team will compete in WCH every year in different age category progressively.

https://www.fivb.com/en/about/…s-key-proposals?id=100936

I'm heavily medicated atm, so forgive my ask: does this mean that by 2025/26 a player, say, Anna Banana could play in mix of continental/FIVB tournies U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 consecutively for 5 years? That doesn't seem possible but wants to be possible. See above

• I'm heavily medicated atm, so forgive my ask: does this mean that by 2025/26 a player, say, Anna Banana could play in mix of continental/FIVB tournies U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 consecutively for 5 years? That doesn't seem possible but wants to be possible. See above

Based on my understanding, if we assume Anna Banana is a European player born in year 2009 or 2010, it goes like this

2025: Anna Banana competes in the CEV U17 ECH. ( In CEV, it's U17, but it's called U16 in FIVB and AVC, same thing. This thread is the U16 continental btw)

2026: Anna Banana competes in the FIVB U17 WCH | Anna Banana competes in the CEV U18 ECH

2027 : Anna Banana competes in the FIVB U19 WCH. | Anna Banana competes in the CEV U20 ECH

2028: Anna Banana competes in the FIVB U21 WCH

• Italian 14 player's roster for CEV U17 - F

Setter: Caterina Schillkowski, Asia Spaziano

Opp: Beatrice Spada,

OH: Ludovica Tosini, Rebecca Aimaretti , Stella Caruso, Gaia Novello, Caterina Peroni

MB: Sofia Moroni, Arianna Bovolenta, Veronica Quero, Ludovica Sismondi

Libero: Carola Bonafede, Stella Cornelli

Player to watch : Ludovica Tosini

• There were u22 and u23 tournaments before, are they gone now?

• this tournaments the girls are starting and are nervous and it doesn't mean a lot when they meet again in european cups or world cup

I remember in mevza italy lose against france

But see greece winning from turkey x2 and serbia is interesting

The number 10 of greece seems talented

• Its a good thing.

If i am correct about right paperwork. In 2021, Uzelac was banned for u19wch because she already played VNL and u21 wch same year.

This will make this young talented girls play less, more tournaments but less games in same year.

• thank you. the part that was razzle dazzling me is how Anna Banana would only age three years after five years of life. Or something, or was it she would age five years after three years of life.

Ugh, I thought the meds had worn off

So , two tournaments a year in the middle, which you answered above that that is okay. I thought it was one tournament per year

We're good now, thanks

• We are joining with the same team as Balkan tournament.

S: Kardelen Kaya, Irmak Nil Akpınar

OH/OPP: Aylin Uysalcan, Derinsu Bihan, Stefanija Pajic, Eslem Yılmaz, Ceylin Kuyan, Ceyda Kuyan

MB: Begüm Kaçmaz, Duru Şah Tırpancı, Güz Özerol, Mina Olgar

Libero: Ece Esepaşa, Zeynep Nur Altıntaş