2023 CEV European League

• Swedish libero will unfortunately be the biggest problem for them. Also middles now that Topic is not there.

What happened to Sjöberg. Why didn't she play friendly games against Hungary?

If I am not mistaken, also Rebecka Lazic wasn't with the team.

• What happened to Sjöberg. Why didn't she play friendly games against Hungary?

Sjöberg might still join if we are very lucky. She is not the best but not the catastrophe that we have with the other two. i think she is considering retiring.

Setter is a problem but i mean we have good spikers that can score anyways up to a certain point. The problem will much more be in defense where the setters lack alot. Trust me there will be some frustrating balls that go out of system because of the defensive line with libero and setter in backcourt.

But it is so nice that they are improving, and the liberos are young so alot can happen, when they get to meet harder opposition. Cheering for them!😃

• What happened to Sjöberg. Why didn't she play friendly games against Hungary?

Rebecka Lasic has a broken hand (not dominant one) so she might return after a while but will not be there in the start of the golden league.

Sofie Sjöberg was left out when they went from 19 to 16 ppl. The reason they gave was that they needed to take the team expected to have the most success, to me that sounds quite bad. D:

• Well, these youngsters will not develop at all if the league is useless as it is now and they have very small chances to play abroad. Also playing with NT 2 months will not help, especially if the coach is Lauri.

I know it is all connected, there are no proper investments to volleyball since it is not as popular yet. So these girls really need to make a big step during this summer, hopefully winning Golden league and ending up with good results in EM. After that I am sure the investments will increase.

• I saw on Instagram that Edina Begic and Dajana Boskovic are in Bosnia. If they are not gonna play against Belgium that will be horrible result for them

• I saw on Instagram that Edina Begic and Dajana Boskovic are in Bosnia. If they are not gonna play against Belgium that will be horrible result for them

Most probably none of them will play tonight, Edina finished her season with Monza not that long ago, while Dajana seems to spend her time with Tijana.

• Golden league

Group A

Belgium - Bosnia 3:0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-17)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66291

Group B

Romania - Slovakia 1:3 (22-25, 12-25, 25-19, 18-25)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66593

It is a surprise for me cause Romania was playing with Inneh-Varga, Ungureanu and Matei.

Group C

Hungary - Ukraine 1:3 (25-22, 25-27, 9-25, 23-25)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66297

--------------------

Silver League

Group A

Estonia - Latvia 3:1 (20-25, 25-21, 25-16, 25-21)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66328

North Macedonia - Austria 0:3 (15-25, 20-25, 15-25)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66327

Group B

Faroe Islands - Montenegro 0:3 (9-25, 7-25, 20-25)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…hStatistics.aspx?ID=66315

• Yeah surprise on romanian side after inneh vargas joined the team i tough they become stronger

Also slovakia was without radosova s

Unbelivable herbotts made that much of points in a easy game when all team did less than her

• Same question. Dajana Boskovic and Edina Begic still not playing with Bosnia?

Tockin what about Sweden roster? No Rebecka Lazic but Alexandra and Isabelle Haak will play tomorrow? Anymore important players missing?

• Same question. Dajana Boskovic and Edina Begic still not playing with Bosnia?

Tockin what about Sweden roster? No Rebecka Lazic but Alexandra and Isabelle Haak will play tomorrow? Anymore important players missing?

No other reported missing players it seems. My guess is Anna Haak and Alexandra Lasiz on OH, Isabelle on OPP. Wilma as setter. Only one missing is libero Sofie Sjöberg from before, either she chose herself not to join or the coach thought the other ones delivered more. Middle they could start with multiple options, no one dominating there.

• Which one was the better of the two lazic? I always confuse rightfully 😂

• Which one was the better of the two lazic? I always confuse rightfully 😂

Alexandra is clearly the more proficient player. Rebecca is severely lacking power and is hardly able to kill a ball without using the hands of the blocking opponent. Alexandra has a more versatile offensive game and isnt as dependent of the setter as RL, but its just my opinion. Anyway, quite often Rebecca hasnt even been a starter in NT as the coach has opted to play with Anna Haak, Isabelles sister who has represented Mulhouse etc.

• Alexandra is the good one. Rebecka never made it to a good level. I think she is only fine as a receiver but good to have her on bench in case Rebecka or Anna have troubles.

For middles, I think Joanna's position is locked. For others, not sure. Setter and libero performances will determine how far Sweden can go.

• Alexandra is the good one. Rebecka never made it to a good level. I think she is only fine as a receiver but good to have her on bench in case Rebecka or Anna have troubles.

For middles, I think Joanna's position is locked. For others, not sure. Setter and libero performances will determine how far Sweden can go.

I agree, however receiving is a big problem for Sweden, and not having a better serve receive sub could be detrimental for sweden in some games. :P

• I agree, however receiving is a big problem for Sweden, and not having a better serve receive sub could be detrimental for sweden in some games. :P

Damn I know my Swedish team hahaha. 10% positive receive after two sets haha. Haak kills everything but she cant do everything alone without anyone to deliver half decent balls.

Also mystery why no Sjöberg as libero.