Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• It’s for them to move and change clubs if they aren’t under contract at the time. As far as I understand Pietrini is under contract in Scandicci so they pay her sallary but can choose if she plays for them or if they loan her somewhere for a season. Kazan pays Scandicci some money and Pietrini plays a season for them but Scandicci ultimately decides where she plays and everything as long as she is under contract with them..

Breaking a contract of player and a club is expensive and rather then doing that they just ask to loan a player, but the same way breaking a contract that says that she plays for Kazan next season as a loan is also expensive for Novara so I don’t believe they can go that road expecially due to the fact that they still need to pay Orthman even though she is injured and doeasn’t play and they have money problems with sponsors cutting their funds due to bad results this last few seasons

for real? I thought they have this no play no pay thing going on (if one is injured before the season starts). that seems awfully bad for the club since they can't control it, specially since it happened outside their courts.

• for real? I thought they have this no play no pay thing going on (if one is injured before the season starts). that seems awfully bad for the club since they can't control it, specially since it happened outside their courts.

Oh yeah, it could be the case since she got injured before season. Similar things happened with Mihajlovic and Monza 2 years ago where she couldn’t play so they parted ways. I don’t know really, but you have a point.

Maybe club decides it’s cheaper to pay a little price and break contract with player themselves rather then paying them full sallary when they won’t play and contribute to the team.

It’s just my speculations, I guess it depends on contract

• Oh yeah, it could be the case since she got injured before season. Similar things happened with Mihajlovic and Monza 2 years ago where she couldn’t play so they parted ways. I don’t know really, but you have a point.

Maybe club decides it’s cheaper to pay a little price and break contract with player themselves rather then paying them full sallary when they won’t play and contribute to the team.

It’s just my speculations, I guess it depends on contract

Right... I can tell you how it works in Italy: as I said volleyball is not recognized as a professional sport, so there is neither a standard contract (with minimum wages for example) nor does any clause of the law directly apply at standard work.

In the event of an injury while playing (or obviously in training), the athlete continues to be paid regularly: if the injury is very serious, one can opt for a consensual termination of the contract, which in any case provides a "golden handshake" for the player (like the aforementioned Mihajlovic case, but the same thing happened for Poulter)...

Events not related to sport are out of contract, such as road accidents (even more if caused with negligence)...

The most sensational thing, as far as women's sport is concerned, the athlete does not have any type of protection in the event of pregnancy: pregnancy leads to an interruption of the contract without any compensation. The last most famous cases in Italy were Bauer with Florence and Lloyd with Casalmaggiore...

All of this obviously depends on each individual contract: the contracts between Italian and foreign players are very different and, among the latter, obviously vary according to their country of origin (especially EU, non-EU)...

• Do we know where Irina Koroleva will play?

• Kazan? Where else could she be

Well, kazan i saw already has 4 MB , and there was a rumour that she left.

A little bit difficult because she was not so good. Generally it is difficult for Drews to find a team in Europe because her price is too high and inconsistent with what she can offer and so the good teams they will not interest about her because she is not so good and the middle or the lower teams has not the money to transfer her. So it is almost certain that he will play in Asia, where they pay a premium. The only chance for her to play in Italy or Turkey is to low her price. Anyway for some reason I can imagine her in GS istead of Cuttino if she will not play good:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotta get into this level to make highest demands. Pay is for performance.

Current EuroLeague Oppo Scoring Stats: https://x.com/gibbybaris/status/1694795686275911769?s=10

Reserve? Who told you that ? She has improve her reception and defense A LOT and she has a really good summer with the NT. If you think her form now I believe that she will be a starter.

Starter instead of who?
    They didn’t pay to break Cazaute‘s contract just to keep her on the bench.
    Daalderop instead of Sylla as starter? Not happening

• Starter instead of who?

Cazaute will defenitly be a strater, but I think Daalderop will play next to her. They are able to play with 2 foreign outside hitters and Castillo as libero, because of their Italian setters and opposites. And not playing every match isn't bad for Daalderop, because she is injury prone.

• Starter instead of who?

Nothing is sure. Maybe their intention is to have Cazaute as a starter but their is a lot of comptetition between the OH. As about Sylla she had an awful season asnd she was terrible in the finals . The weakest spot in the team. Why she have to be a starter again? She will be the 4th OH because after all someone needs to kill OOS balls from the position 4. And she is not Sylla and Cazaute. Nika and Kara will ahev AT LEAST the one position in the starting six.

• Nothing is sure. Maybe their intention is to have Cazaute as a starter but their is a lot of comptetition between the OH. As about Sylla she had an awful season asnd she was terrible in the finals . The weakest spot in the team. Why she have to be a starter again? She will be the 4th OH because after all someone needs to kill OOS balls from the position 4. And she is not Sylla and Cazaute. Nika and Kara will ahev AT LEAST the one position in the starting six.

Kara can't kill oos balls🤦 Nika will probably get injured after two months again so I don't think we need to discuss who will be starter😂

• Novara should use Melis Durul as OH lol :D Joking aside, now with Ebrar playing OH in the NT, I am sure Novara's management would love to have her as OH in the squad. But I understand she wanted to try some new adventures.