Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• end stage volleyball career starts at 30 y/o that's what i am noticing based on statistics those players even prefer just play for club and no more motivation or energy comes NT season. Maybe rare if you are still on your prime at age of 32 y/o lol maybe also because they already have enough money to just relax, chill, retire and enjoy life they deserve

• end stage volleyball career starts at 30 y/o that's what i am noticing based on statistics those players even prefer just play for club and no more motivation or energy comes NT season. Maybe rare if you are still on your prime at age of 32 y/o lol maybe also because they already have enough money to just relax, chill, retire and enjoy life they deserve

Eda, Gattaz and Maja: hold my beer

Yes that true in the most occasions but it not in everyone. For exaple Larson was the same player for a lot of years and she stay in the highest level until her first year in Monza when she was 35 years old. Her second year in Milano her she had already lost it.

• Yes that true in the most occasions but it not in everyone. For exaple Larson was the same player for a lot of years and she stay in the highest level until her first year in Monza when she was 35 years old. Her second year in Milano her she had already lost it.

Not saying everyone. But mostly that's the case and the statistics will prove it. Gabi might play good volleyball in next 2 or 3 yrs. Aside from that alot of good and young players are coming in.

• Who else aside from those 3? Mostly other prime and A players were all retired at age of 30 or 32y/o start deteriorating. Mb and setter not to degrade their position but less heavy.

The whole gold generation of Italy lasted till 40, year more, year less. And they were competitive when they weren't fighting each others. :lol:

It's a matter of schedule. Now players spend more time in court because there is huge number of useless games at international stage, like Q tournaments, Challenge Cup...

Every new season is breaking the injuries record of the previous one. IMHO this is the reason why players are retiring at earlier age in the last years.

• Not saying everyone. But mostly that's the case and the statistics will prove it. Gabi might play good volleyball in next 2 or 3 yrs. Aside from that alot of good and young players are coming in.

It is true but I think that in Imoco she wil be different with the good meaning. Here in Vakifbank the burden on her shoulders is too big. She is ALWAYS playing with double block and they use her too much in OOS. In Imoco she will be meet a new inviroment a better in my opinion. She can play with the quickest balls so her her will be really easy with Wolosz and the whole team to support her.

• The whole gold generation of Italy lasted till 40, year more, year less. And they were competitive when they weren't fighting each others. :lol:

It's a matter of schedule. Now players spend more time in court because there is huge number of useless games at international stage, like Q tournaments, Challenge Cup...

Every new season is breaking the injuries record of the previous one. IMHO this is the reason why players are retiring at earlier age in the last years.

If I may humbly add just a thing, the higher amount of matches is making the players paying the toll on the mental side too. The more you play, the more you're put under pressure and supposed to maintain a certain lifestyle, the less you're willing to keep going on like that as the time goes by.

• The whole gold generation of Italy lasted till 40, year more, year less. And they were competitive when they weren't fighting each others. :lol:

Agree! And covid came and lot of us realized life is good why spend it playing volleyball wholeyear round? Lol that's why i do understand why other players prefer to play club since they are earning but playing and traveling whole yr just to play volleyball is just too tiring lol