Japan Women's NT 2023

• why is he so proud though? does that count as an achievement? by next year she's not making it to this nt so what's the point

He tried to hype Airi last year then made her into a translator even though Gen understands and speaks fluent English. Manabe's gimmicks are awful but I don't think he's aware that it backfired.

• I don't think this is close to what the real OQT team will be. Before Rio, Arisa Sato wasn't even the main libero if I remember correctly, some other player was but I forgot her name. Kotoh was also close to taking out Miyashita as main setter but at the same time Manabe wanted to take credit for making Miyashita popular.

Manabe could still be reserving some players for later. If he switched up a team that did really well during WWCH, he can reset this team just like that for the OQT no doubt about it.

• I don't know what a Nutobar is. I didn't understand that part sorry.

Lars Nootbaar, American dad, Japanese mom, but grew up in the states. Was an important part of the Japanese team winning the World Baseball Classic. His celebration of a pepper mill (grinding) drove sales in Japan in March.

https://www.sportingnews.com/u…/duzcpbmxqnujsssxmo7ajp5z

• I don't think this is close to what the real OQT team will be

What do you think it might be? I don't think there's much wiggle room really

• What do you think it might be? I don't think there's much wiggle room really

I can't say that right now. We're only entering leg 2. They could've defeated China last week but they didn't and they got swept. Their current ranking is 6th they're far from being solid.

• Six players with one libero, I think only three players are confirmed: Koga, Hayashi and Seki. Others are still in considering. I think the room is still big.

Koga, Hayashi, yes. I think Seki is inevitable but ya never know. Shibata might start everybody up. She won't ever match Seki's serve or defense so , yeah, she's a lock. You are correct

I don't think Manabe will go outside the 20+ he's got tagging along now, tho. It could be any of the three liberos, but I see that as little wiggle room. Same with the MBs. He might revert to Shimamura and Yokota (I doubt it), but it's still in the small room

Someone mentioned Manabe (or the girls themselves) don't like to pair Sarina and Mayu Ishikawa. That's a tragic situation. If Koga and Hayashi are a lock, dump Inoue and insert Mayu. Gold Medal unless it doesn't work out :drink:

• Here's an interview of Angie Gromos. She talked about how she got connected to the National Team, and mentioned that she signed with Himeji??? :lol:

Some videos of her game also in the video.

After watching this interview, I'm a little worried about her. Playing professionally is very different from playing on a college team. It requires a lot of discipline and determination. Angei doesn't seem to understand that. I'm afraid she can't handle the pressure.

• After watching this interview, I'm a little worried about her. Playing professionally is very different from playing on a college team. It requires a lot of discipline and determination. Angei doesn't seem to understand that. I'm afraid she can't handle the pressure.

She signed with Victorina or rather Manabe put her there. She's lucky she starts in V2 and if she can't handle that well then she shouldn't play at all.

Maybe Manabe should select Ranna Shiraiwa or Rina something in the NT instead. If you get it you get it...

• Do or die tonight and I don't think it's going to be as easy as many/most people think

Giddy up :!:

• Same ol same ol:

Seki

Koga

Irisawa

Hayashi

Inoue

Araki

• Surprised they are not trying other mbs.

Yeah, but these two are doing as good as any other MBs ... so might as well grow them a little more

• Yamada with the Goggles

• I don't think Irisawa has actually taken a swing this whole tournament

• Yeah she was mostly the one I was thinking of. Araki is showing better things from time to time.

I can no longer fake support Irisawa :gone:

• Hayashi is really good dealing with Seki's shit sets